Make a tag team!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Make a tag team!

Postby Colt Banana » Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 pm

So, I was thinking about how London and Generico were sort of thrown together as a tag team and it basically got me wondering which wrestlers would make a good tag team if put together...

Scott Lost and Roderick Strong: both are at all the shows, both are fantastic in the ring and both have a history of being in great tag teams, I think this team could have huge potential. The only real problem is that they're both great singles wrestlers and I wouln't mind either as the champ, but Omega did it so it'd probably be fine.

Eddie Kingston and Kevin Steen: they wouldn't even have to wrestle, they could just stand in the ring and rip on the crowd and it'd kick ass! I know some people aren't wild about King, but I think these 2 could be a great heel team although they may be a little bit similar character wise so they might lose some of their uniqueness by being together

anyone else have any suggestions?
Colt Banana

Re: Make a tag team!

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat May 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Malachi Jackson/Ryan Taylor - I liked this team, I don't care what nobody says
Me/LTP hehe
Souf Centrol

Postby Tarfoo » Sat May 22, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm still waiting for The Brandon Connection with Gatson and Bonham. Not only for the name factor; there's just something about this alliance that gives me a no-homo hard-on whenever I think about it.

Also another dream team: Eddie Kingston and B-Boy, if they ever come back. So badass it makes me smile.
Tarfoo

Postby CheMateo » Sat May 22, 2010 4:26 pm

The team of Kingston & Steen sounds awesome. Kingston is one of the few guys I'd like to see in PWG (again).
CheMateo

Postby iamawesome » Sun May 23, 2010 2:56 am

Souf Centrol wrote:Malachi Jackson/Ryan Taylor - I liked this team, I don't care what nobody says
Me/LTP hehe

Awww come on, Malachi is not even in Taylors League, Maybe one day.....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE not...

I'd Like to see Austin Aries and Sexy Chuckie T...

Once it happens you can thank me later.
iamawesome

Postby Colt Banana » Sun May 23, 2010 4:29 am

^ only if Chuck starts dressing like Aries!

How about Malachi and Christina Von Eerie, but its booked so that CVE is the tough one in the team, I think that could be really funny even just for one show
Colt Banana

Postby Meltman » Sun May 23, 2010 6:39 am

Teams with infinite potential:

Brandon Bonham/Chris Hero - I'd like to see Hero tag in PWG, but not with Claudio. Can't help but feel these guys would make a very fun big guy/little guy team with somewhat similar looks.

Brandon Gatson/Ryan Taylor - Former tag team partners, know each other extremely well, and their styles would mesh really great in a tag environment.

Candice LeRae/Christina Von Eerie - Instantly the biggest babyfaces in the company.

Joey Ryan/Chuck Taylor - Joey's aimlessly wandering in random matches and Chuck has lost every shot he's had at the Tag Titles. These guys' personalities would make for an incredible team.

Throw these teams in a division with the Bucks, the Cutlers, Abejas, LTP/Goodtime, Luchas and occasional teams like Briscoes/MCMG, and it would be the best in the world.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

all good potential, especially Kevin Steen and Eddie Kingston, some suggestions of mine

Chuck Taylor and Peter Avalon - if PWG ever brings in Peter Avalon, I really just want them to bring in Avalon as Chuck Taylor's cousin because they do resemble each other

Necro Butcher and Masada
- a hardcore brawl tag team especially if PWG brings back Necro and brings in Masada

Roderick Strong and Brian Kendrick - no clue why I would like to see this team but it be interesting to see happen

Joey Ryan and Kikutaro - probably the perfect tag team to contrast Christina Von Eerie and Candice Larae

Colt Cabana and Akira Tozawa
- depending how long Tozawa will be in the US, this would be a fun comedy tag team plus a veteran taking under a young wrestler his wing plus promos of Cabana trying to each Tozawa some English
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun May 23, 2010 7:11 pm

I've been dying to see a sight of Kiku. It's been almost 2 years since his last appearance. They ought to book him for the upcoming anniversary, always a crowd pleaser.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 24, 2010 2:36 pm

iamawesome wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:Malachi Jackson/Ryan Taylor - I liked this team, I don't care what nobody says
Me/LTP hehe

Awww come on, Malachi is not even in Taylors League, Maybe one day.....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYBE not...

That's more reason for them to tag so malachi can learn something from someone other than his brothers.

Aleo remember davey richards wasn't in super dragon's level but they tagged and davey learned from him.

Damn give the guy a chance

smh@all the malachi hate
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
iamawesome wrote:
Me/LTP hehe

That's more reason for them to tag so malachi can learn something from someone other than his brothers.

Aleo remember davey richards wasn't in super dragon's level but they tagged and davey learned from him.

smh@all the malachi hate

It's ok, let them doubt him, we believe in him and that's all you really need. Besides they all have to start somewhere. Before they we're stars they had to start somewhere.

I mean at least he's come a long way from jumping off a couch, wrestling in pools or trampoline wrestling with his pillows or in this case his brothers.

C'mon we've all done it at one point lol

I think he's getting better each time and I still have faith. I mean unless he was horrible in every match and gets worse then I could see it, but he is improving for a young kid and you can only get better in time. I think the veteran rookie scenerio always works great no matter how many times they do it. Everybody needs a mentor.

I love the Cabana/ Tozawa team, that sounds great along with the Joey Ryan/ Kikutaro mix. Both have capabilities of doing both serious and humorous matches.

I'd really like to see more Kenny & Chuck, I feel that they left that one unanswered and have so many great possibilities still.

Also some tag teams I'd like to see:

Bonham & Goodtime - I don't know what it is, but both of them seem to have a good style and a great ability to wow if given the chance. They are always looked as the underdogs and thing it would be great to see them combine forces.

Lost & Tozawa (Another Dynasty International Team?) - For some reason this seems interesting. I love Lost's technical skill and his quick remarks in the ring. Mix him with Tozawa's craziness and you have a formidable team. You can also hit a heel turn for Tozawa which I have a feeling might be fun to watch.

Omega/ Goodtime - Gamers unite? I can see fun possibilities.

Aries & Joey Ryan - I've seen Joey's older Heal stuff and if he came back like that with Aries it would seem like the team you would love to hate. Sleaze and Class? What a mix!

Chucky T & Kong - I know she's not part of the roster but I can see a feud with him begin ending in Chucky T having an idea of having Kong on his side so he has someone to hide behind and take care of business as well. It would have a fun obstacle and matches with LaRae and Von Eerie would also be able to be used.

That's all I can think off with the Current roster. (Which needs to be updated *cough cough* lol)
DjEn3rgy21

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Damn I forgot one more team I'd like it just came to me,

Tornado & LTP - The Pimp Connection at it's finest and everyones favorite underdog. This team would be great to watch.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon May 24, 2010 10:19 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Damn I forgot one more team I'd like it just came to me,

Tornado & LTP - The Pimp Connection at it's finest and everyones favorite underdog. This team would be great to watch.

Yeah that's IF tornado isn't retired. I'm still confused to why he has done other companys and hasn't came back to pwg

Also Cabana/Tozawa would be awesome
Souf Centrol

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

Yeah that's IF tornado isn't retired. I'm still confused to why he has done other companys and hasn't came back to pwg

I say we all gather an ounce and his favorite malt liquor and cereal like in the video and he'll come running back to PWG!!!!! Cuz man do we miss that guy!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 am

Souf Centrol wrote:

Maybe Tornado can manage LTP? I'd be ok with with that.

What's a small tornado? The Human Dust Devil?
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

heard he did ROH to make up for his canceled shows to go out in good graces with them. Not sure about the other companies, though.
jacob_burman

Postby ajday » Tue May 25, 2010 10:22 pm

fatallylost wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... "The Human Dust Devil" would be funny as hell.
ajday

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 pm

ajday wrote:
fatallylost wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... "The Human Dust Devil" would be funny as hell.

A gail wind? IDK but that would be great too.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby iamawesome » Tue May 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
iamawesome wrote:
Me/LTP hehe

smh@all the malachi hate

OK dude alright, touche!
iamawesome

Postby iamawesome » Tue May 25, 2010 11:31 pm

I must agree with Meltman

Annnnnd Yes, Chuckie T should dress like Aries.
Match made in heaven
iamawesome

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum