Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: o_O Kurt Russellreunion is now...

Postby ajday » Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Granted, replace reunion with mania...

If only there was an edit button...
ajday

Postby revolution » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 am

Damn. I went to a wrestling convention this past weekend and at the Highspots table, I ended up choosing As The Worm Turns over Kurt Russellreunion. I wish I had known... shiiiiiieeeeet.
revolution

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 am

Test

Kurt Russellreunion........

Doesn't matter what it's named, show was awesome
Souf Centrol

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:48 am

ajday wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:My question is, why Kurt Russell? I wasn't following PWG at the time so just wondering why they used his name.

From the write up:

Los Angeles, CA - Long-time fans of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) know that Highspots (http://www.highspots.com), the premiere retailer of professional wrestling merchandise, has worked with us as distribution partner of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla DVDs for over six years. Because of this relationship, we were extremely surprised when Highspots ask us to be a part of Wrestlereunion 4 (http://www.wrestlereunion.com) since we figured after six years, they were probably pretty sick of us. However, Highspots has an infinitesimal amount of tolerance left for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, so what better way to stretch it to the breaking point than to turn Wrestlereunion 4 into a tribute to one of Hollywood's brightest stars: Kurt Russell! That is why on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at the LAX Hilton in Los Angeles, California, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, in conjunction with Highspots, presents Kurt Russellreunion as a part of Wrestlereunion 4!

Kurt Russellreunion will pay tribute to one of the greatest living actors, a man who is single-handedly responsible for Hollywood's third (fourth? second?) Golden Age, and what better way to do so than by featuring living legends of the professional wrestling world alongside the stars of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!...

It continues so on and so forth about the matches

interesting. I'd much rather have it be John Goldman, but that's just me lol. Or even Eastwood.
jacob_burman

Re: Kurt Russellreunion DVD Now Shipping!

Postby ajday » Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 am

jacob_burman wrote:
interesting. I'd much rather have it be John Goldman, but that's just me lol. Or even Eastwood.

It was suppose to parody that one company's annual event, and since Russell is close to wrestle, that's why the went with that name. Don't get me wrong, I love Eastwood and I have no clue who in the hell Goldman is, but if it was Goldman or Eastwood it just wouldn't have the same ring as Russell with the word mania following it, ya know?
ajday

Postby Meltman » Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 am

Think he meant John Goodman. I've definitely seen a Lebowski reference here and there on press releases, so that's something.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu May 27, 2010 6:43 am

Also, the Russell fandom is probably legit. There's a PWG tag tournament from way back called the Tango & Cash Invitational, another KR reference.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Interesting Russel mention. And yeah, meant Goodman. Working 7 straight days really messes with the mind lol. Put yeah, it is a nice ring to it. Be pretty badass if they can get a major celebrity to come to the show and name it after them.
jacob_burman

Postby shettler » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:03 pm

I want to order this dvd, but it says it's out of stock...seriously?!?! Didn't it just come out not too long ago??? And, the same thing for the classic logo t-shirt??? C'mon, PWG!!! My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. Help me out!
shettler

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 pm

shettler wrote:I want to order this dvd, but it says it's out of stock...seriously?!?! Didn't it just come out not too long ago??? And, the same thing for the classic logo t-shirt??? C'mon, PWG!!! My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. Help me out!

You can still get the DVD from highspots.
http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=22976
abouttreefitty350

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum