please bring Chikara guys

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

please bring Chikara guys

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm

I just saw king of trios 2010 and boy that was awesome. Anyways I would love to see Chikara guys in PWG. That would be great if PWG brings the following talent; Helious, Frightmare, Jigsaw, Mike Quackanbush, Ossyrian Portal or the Colony. Any of these guys would match well just about against anyone in PWG, especially against Young Bucks or LTP/Goodtime team.
krayzie Bone

Re: please bring Chikara guys

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed May 26, 2010 3:40 pm

pwg won't pay for eastcoast wrestlers to come here. I asked hero why castognoli wasn't coming to pwg and he said pwg said eastcoast tickets are too much. Which is understandable.
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes that is true, east coast tickets are expansive. Hopefully one day we will learn how to warp space/time so that we can travel anywhere on earth in seconds. LOL
krayzie Bone

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed May 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Yeah. It kinda sucks, but hey, at least you have your own awesome socal guys. I'm a huge Scott Lost mark but I doubt I'll ever get the chance to see him live unless:

A. I take a trip to Cali.
or
B. ROH books him on a NYC show.

I guess we should just be thankful for what we have.
Whoblehwah

Postby talley_1986 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 pm

A good portion of the quality CHIKARA wrestlers have been working EVOLVE and DGUSA. So you're able to see some of them more often. However, for PWG, I'd rather they keep it mostly SoCal guys, who I don't see in any other promotion I watch. I know I'd pick watching someone like LTP in PWG, then no LTP and Fire Ant in nearly a half dozen promotions.
talley_1986

Postby El Asian » Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm

personally, I would like to see some Chikara guys come over to PWG and mix it up with the SoCal PWG has booked and whatever local guys PWG will start booking in the future, maybe some tag teams in Chikara in PWG's tag division

also, its spelled Osirian Portal, not Ossyrian
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed May 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Ah nice try el asian, but you won't provoke me to start a fight in this thread. :P
krayzie Bone

Postby deadmandevilman » Wed May 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Ultra Mantis Black. make this happen! but yeah I would love the chikara dudes on a card like Guerre Sans Fronti
deadmandevilman

Postby BadFurDay » Thu May 27, 2010 12:40 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Ah nice try el asian, but you won't provoke me to start a fight in this thread. :P

How is correcting your spelling of a tag team name "provoking you to start a fight"?
BadFurDay

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:42 am

Souf Centrol wrote:pwg won't pay for eastcoast wrestlers to come here. I asked hero why castognoli wasn't coming to pwg and he said pwg said eastcoast tickets are too much. Which is understandable.

I'd mark out to see the Kings of Wrestling just tear it up in PWG. So why does Hero come over to PWG then? Isn't he more of an east coast guy?
jacob_burman

Postby The Celt » Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 am

I think the main points why CHIKARA guys aren't in PWG have been covered; the main reason is it's just too expensive to bring them in. Thing is, CHIKARA uses pretty much local talent that can drive to their shows and that's a great service. PWG mirror this but in SoCal by bringing SoCal's talent to the front. Honestly I think if PWG wasn't around the Bonhams, The Gatsons, The Young Bucks and even probably even guys like Human Tornado and Joey Ryan would never have gotten the breaks they have, whereas guys in CHKARA might have shown up in some of the other East Coast promotions. My point is I really like that PWG brings in the best of the indie scene but has NEVER forgotten to bring in locals too and that's paid off in a MAJOR way with the rise of the Bucks to national attention.
The Celt

Postby Meltman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:22 pm

The last time they debuted any Chikara guys was 2008 (Chuck Taylor/Vin Gerard). Worked out real well for one of them. The financial reasons are understandable, but it does suck that certain matches will never happen. Some Chikara guys would be perfect special attraction matches on specialty shows. They don't even have to be regulars.

I'd kill to see Generico/Dasher Hatfield or heel Bucks/Future Is Now (Helios/Jimmy Olsen).
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu May 27, 2010 7:01 pm

jacob_burman wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:pwg won't pay for eastcoast wrestlers to come here. I asked hero why castognoli wasn't coming to pwg and he said pwg said eastcoast tickets are too much. Which is understandable.

I'd mark out to see the Kings of Wrestling just tear it up in PWG. So why does Hero come over to PWG then? Isn't he more of an east coast guy?

very good point plus consider other wrestlers that live in east coast that PWG does regularly bring in such as the Briscoes, Austin Aries, Davey Richards, and, depending if you consider Florida as part of the east coast as much Nevada is part of the west coast, Roderick Strong
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I wouldn't call Aries or the Briscoes regulars. Guys like them, Cabana and Necro have always been "special guests" more or less.
Meltman

Postby Alex08 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Meltman wrote:The last time they debuted any Chikara guys was 2008 (Chuck Taylor/Vin Gerard). Worked out real well for one of them. The financial reasons are understandable, but it does suck that certain matches will never happen. Some Chikara guys would be perfect special attraction matches on specialty shows. They don't even have to be regulars.

I'd kill to see Generico/Dasher Hatfield or heel Bucks/Future Is Now (Helios/Jimmy Olsen).

I would do unmentionably explicit things If I saw the following CHIKARA performers: Quack,jigsaw, Helios, the colony and most importantly "PINK ANT" PINKIE Fn SANCHEZ! Oh , I'd suck just about anything to see these guys in PWG ( completely kidding for people who are thinking about it !)
Alex08

Postby El Asian » Thu May 27, 2010 10:07 pm

I think what's disappointing about the situation is when Dragon Gate USA can book both Chikara and PWG or Chikara itself can book PWG guys yet PWG can't even book Chikara guys
El Asian

Postby The Celt » Fri May 28, 2010 5:04 am

The difference between guys like Cabana and Strong and they CHIKARA boys are that ROH guys have more of a name than the anyone in CHIKARA. Yes, they are even levels of "overness/namestake" on the indie scene. The ROH crew tend to be a very well travelled group, most having been booked up and down the country and in Japan so they're names are known to those who follow the indie whereas the CHIKARA are even some what obsure even to smarks. No offence, but most CHIKARA guys outside their main event posistions are just not a draw, even to the average indie fan. I mean you get 100 indie fans together and maybe 5 will know the name Dasher Hatfield, and that's at MAXIMUM best. It's just not worth the money to bring in guys that are considered locals on the tri-state scene, when for 1/20 of the money PWG can use SoCal local and still get the same effect.

Also, Dragon Gate USA is 1) Located on the East Coast...sort of, and 2) has alot of money being pumped into via Dragon Gate Japan. As for CHIKARA getting PWG guys occassional? Honestly I don't know quite how they pull it off, but often it's because the PWG guys they bring in are going to be in the area anyways...like when Super Dragon and B-Boy were Team PWG for their World Tag Team Grand Prix, B-Boy was going to be on the East Coast for CZW anyways. The Jacksons? Already over there except for Malachi, I could go on.
The Celt

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri May 28, 2010 7:29 am

Hopefully with EVLOVE, Chikara and DGUSA, the Chikara guys will gain exposure for the talent that would be clear to any pro wrestling fan. I personally would love to see Quack vs virtually anyone in PWG.
deadmandevilman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri May 28, 2010 5:30 pm

jacob_burman wrote:

I think he does alot of traveling, so he might be coming here on his own. Stay for a couple of months, do a group of westcoast shows then go home. IDK

Also they might just think it's worth bringing in Hero and not castognoli. So hero and chuck might be worth it in their eyes. Which is the case with chuck because thiers a group that ONLY come to see chuck taylor. They are always on the right wall standing on the chairs. I beleive I seen them another time without chuck being their but they weren't as noticeable because they weren't really poppin for anyone
Souf Centrol

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 28, 2010 6:27 pm

I thought Los Angeles was one of the most exciting cites on earth, with so much to do and yet people spend their weekend just to see a guy from Kentucky called Chuck Taylor LOL unbelievable.

Anyways I just hope Los Luchas show up this time, I'm psyched to see them again.
krayzie Bone

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum