2010 Death thread

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

2010 Death thread

Postby CheMateo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

We lost a lot of notable figures in 2009. I hope 2010 will not have as high of a volume. So with that said the first wrestler death of 2010 is

Ludvig Borga.

I remember Borga making me so mad when he ended Tatanka's undefeated streak. On top of that Yoko and Borga broke Tatanka's ribs and he was unable to compete at the Survivor Series. Undertaker ended up taking Tatanka's spot since death was also a part of American History.

One of those Borga promos still sticks out in my mind when he was feuding with Luger. Borga was in a run down area and he was talking about how the Lex Express doesn't visit this poor and dilapidated part of town.

I just found out that he was a heel in Die Hard 3.

A Ludvig Borga promo.
CheMateo

Re: 2010 Death thread

Postby The Dan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:06 am

Every year the amount of deaths seems to be on the up and up :(. I'll always remember Halmes' 'shoot fights' with another deceased wrestler in Shinya Hashimoto. Sad to see another one go so young. :(
The Dan

Postby CheMateo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 am

Peter Graves passed away last night. I'll always remember him as Jim Phelps, Captain Oveur from Airplane, and as the narrator of Biography on A&E.

CheMateo

Postby Meltman » Mon May 17, 2010 6:20 am

Dio died over the weekend. Shitty. Think PWG will name another show in honor, a la "Holy Diver Down" (Dio/Van Halen)?
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 am

Reseda in the Dark?
fatallylost

Postby CheMateo » Fri May 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Add Gary Coleman to this sad list.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

CheMateo wrote:Add Gary Coleman to this sad list.

Sad news indeed. Gary was a fun character. It's a damn shame that PWG never brought him in to manage LTP (as Excalibur said they wanted to) that would have been quite memorable.
TigerDriver98

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat May 29, 2010 6:46 am

ThunderCats writer Stephen Perry.

One of the more tragic stories I've come across.

---

Courtesy of Comic Book Resources

Police in Zephyrhills, Florida, have confirmed that ThunderCats writer Stephen Perry, who has been missing for more than two weeks, is the victim of an apparent homicide.

His van was discovered on May 16 at a Tampa motel, reportedly near a severed arm. More remains were found in a dumpster at a gas station two miles from his ransacked home. Perry's roommates, James Davis, 45, and Roxanne Davis, 49, were missing as well. However, police later arrested the couple on unrelated charges. They're now considered "persons of interest" in the case.

Perry, 56, suffered from bladder cancer and had been jobless, without health care and, for a time, forced to live in his van with his 5-year-old son Leo. Over the past eight months he received assistance from the Hero Initiative, which helped him to line up work and pay rent, utilities and medical bills.

The Tampa Tribune reports that Krystal Carroll, his 26-year-old ex-girlfriend and the mother of Leo, was told on May 19 that Perry was dead. The two had a tumultuous relationship, with Carroll seeking emergency custody of their son and Perry getting a domestic violence injunction against her, all in late April.

Earlier this week the newspaper spoke with Perry's longtime friend, artist Steve Bissette, who had been instrumental in bringing the writer's plight to the attention of the comics industry. Since Perry was reported missing, Bissette has devoted his blog to remembering his friend's life and career and tracking news reports of his disappearance.

Perry was best known for his work on the mid-1980s animated series ThunderCats and SilverHawks, both developed by Rankin/Bass. However, he also wrote comics like Timespirits and Psi-Force for Marvel and Wally Wood's THUNDER Agents for Deluxe. Nat Gertler revealed that, to help the writer, he recently purchased the rights to Salimba, the jungle-heroine comic that Perry created in the 1980s with Paul Chadwick.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 am

Courtesy of ABC News

Hollywood icon Dennis Hopper has died at the age of 74 from complications due to prostate cancer. The Easy Rider star -- who was diagnosed with prostate cancer in late 2009 -- became too weak for chemotherapy treatments in March when the cancer metastasized to his bones. According to a friend, he was surrounded by family and friends when he passed away in his Venice Beach home on Saturday morning.

Full Story: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10778980
Lord Akiyama

Postby jacob_burman » Sat May 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:ThunderCats writer Stephen Perry.

One of the more tragic stories I've come across.

---

Courtesy of Comic Book Resources

Police in Zephyrhills, Florida, have confirmed that ThunderCats writer Stephen Perry, who has been missing for more than two weeks, is the victim of an apparent homicide.

His van was discovered on May 16 at a Tampa motel, reportedly near a severed arm. More remains were found in a dumpster at a gas station two miles from his ransacked home. Perry's roommates, James Davis, 45, and Roxanne Davis, 49, were missing as well. However, police later arrested the couple on unrelated charges. They're now considered "persons of interest" in the case.

That's pretty f'n sick. Not the way anyone should go out...
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Sun May 30, 2010 5:58 am

Dennis Hopper too now? Fuck, this summer is looking bleak.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm

With Coleman's passing... it really makes me look at my childhood TV shows differently... especially Diff'rent Strokes.

-Todd Bridges - multiple arrests.
-Gary Colman... with all due respect, he was a bit crazy, and very angry.
-Dana Plato - committed suicide.

This just in, Dana Plato's son has also committed suicide (ok, it was last week, but my computer was down.)

What the hell was going on on that set?
fatallylost

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:38 am

Damn, now Dennis Hopper. Was he at all relevant to our generation or am I just more sentimental? Most of us Y'ers would know him from what... Mario Bros., Speed, and Crash. A lot of people are mention Easy Rider and rightfully so but my personal favorite Hopper performance was as Frank Booth from Blue Velvet. PABST BLUE RIBBON!

I heard that Hopper considered Boiling Point to be his best work. But it was re-edited and tooled to be an action vehicle for Snipes. I'd like to have seen the original cut as the Warner Bros. release was weak.

fatallylost wrote:-Todd Bridges - multiple arrests.
Hasn't he at least been able to turn is his life around?
CheMateo

Postby fatallylost » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:43 am

Hasn't he at least been able to turn is his life around?[/quote]

So it seems.. but, time will tell. I do hold out hope for the guy.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:03 pm

CheMateo wrote:Damn, now Dennis Hopper. Was he at all relevant to our generation or am I just more sentimental? Most of us Y'ers would know him from what... Mario Bros., Speed, and Crash. A lot of people are mention Easy Rider and rightfully so but my personal favorite Hopper performance was as Frank Booth from Blue Velvet. PABST BLUE RIBBON!

I heard that Hopper considered Boiling Point to be his best work. But it was re-edited and tooled to be an action vehicle for Snipes. I'd like to have seen the original cut as the Warner Bros. release was weak.

Hasn't he at least been able to turn is his life around?

oooo shit. He was the PABST BLUE RIBBON guy??? My friends from college and I used to always watch that clip and laugh our asses off. He bought many good times in their dorm room :(
jacob_burman

Postby fatallylost » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:59 am

NEW YORK
fatallylost

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:12 am

And then there was one. Sad to see the Golden Girls passing away these past few years. I hope Betty White does not pass away next year.
CheMateo

Postby KickToKill » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Peter Steele
Dio
Frank Frazetta
KickToKill

Postby Meltman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 am

Jimmy Dean the sausage guy died. If there were an afterworld there'd be some pissed fat fucks angrily waiting right now.
Meltman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 am

Meltman wrote:Jimmy Dean the sausage guy died. If there were an afterworld there'd be some pissed fat fucks angrily waiting right now.

Maybe this guy will be the first in line:
TigerDriver98

Next

Return to General Discussion