please bring Chikara guys

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: please bring Chikara guys

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
jacob_burman wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:pwg won't pay for eastcoast wrestlers to come here. I asked hero why castognoli wasn't coming to pwg and he said pwg said eastcoast tickets are too much. Which is understandable.

I'd mark out to see the Kings of Wrestling just tear it up in PWG. So why does Hero come over to PWG then? Isn't he more of an east coast guy?

I think he does alot of traveling, so he might be coming here on his own. Stay for a couple of months, do a group of westcoast shows then go home. IDK

Also they might just think it's worth bringing in Hero and not castognoli. So hero and chuck might be worth it in their eyes. Which is the case with chuck because thiers a group that ONLY come to see chuck taylor. They are always on the right wall standing on the chairs. I beleive I seen them another time without chuck being their but they weren't as noticeable because they weren't really poppin for anyone

Yeah, I've sat by them my first show. Pretty cool group of people, those Chuck Taylor fans are. Coming in with their own t-shirts and everything. Got to give them props for their dedication.
jacob_burman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat May 29, 2010 9:49 am

Yeah, the no East Coast thing doesn't hold water to me. Claudio is based out of Philly, which has and is in the vicinity of many, many big airports, all of which fly directly to LA. In fact. he would probably use the same airport the Bricoes, out of Delaware, would use. And they fly in guys from Florida, which is just as far.

It seems more likely that with Chikara, ROH and training people, Claudio probably doesn't have a ton of time to come through.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby jacob_burman » Sat May 29, 2010 4:21 pm

You know, I have an idea. Maybe we all put $1 in a can at the next show which can be used to fly someone we, the fans, want to see at a show. I know this will never happen, but how cool of an idea is it if like 300 fans drop just one dollar to see a guy like Tyler Black or CC or even Daniels come down to a show.
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Sat May 29, 2010 4:25 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:It seems more likely that with Chikara, ROH and training people, Claudio probably doesn't have a ton of time to come through.

Highly unlikely.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat May 29, 2010 5:28 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Yeah, the no East Coast thing doesn't hold water to me. Claudio is based out of Philly, which has and is in the vicinity of many, many big airports, all of which fly directly to LA. In fact. he would probably use the same airport the Bricoes, out of Delaware, would use. And they fly in guys from Florida, which is just as far.

It seems more likely that with Chikara, ROH and training people, Claudio probably doesn't have a ton of time to come through.

LIke I said they might not think he is a big enough draw. Yeah WE want to see kings of wrestling but PWG might not be high up on claudio or they might have had a problem before and choose not to book him. The briscoes are a bigger draw than claudio so of course they are going to get them here

The eastcoast thing doesn't have to hold water, I'm just saying what hero told me. Hell he could have just gave me a nice answer instead of saying claudio doesn't want to come to pwg or pwg doesn't want him.

One thing is for sure......Claudio hasn't been in PWG for a while for a reason
Souf Centrol

Postby El Asian » Sat May 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:LIke I said they might not think he is a big enough draw. Yeah WE want to see kings of wrestling but PWG might not be high up on claudio or they might have had a problem before and choose not to book him. The briscoes are a bigger draw than claudio so of course they are going to get them here

kinda doubt that because Claudio is probably a bigger draw than Chuck Taylor (and I'm a huge fan of Chuck Taylor mind you) but my guess is that PWG probably doesn't have anything for Claudio right now or the fact Claudio is probably a bit busy with ROH and training people in Chikara
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:55 pm

El Asian wrote:my guess is that PWG probably doesn't have anything for Claudio right now

That has to be the reason. The only thing I can see Claudio doing in PWG right now is teaming with Chris Hero. However, Chris Hero happens to in the middle of chasing the PWG World Title (one of the only storyline-ish things PWG has right now) When Chris Hero is through with his World Title chase, I can see the Kings Of Wrestling reuniting in PWG eventually. But until then, I wouldn't count on it.
TigerDriver98

Postby jacob_burman » Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
El Asian wrote:my guess is that PWG probably doesn't have anything for Claudio right now

That has to be the reason. The only thing I can see Claudio doing in PWG right now is teaming with Chris Hero. However, Chris Hero happens to in the middle of chasing the PWG World Title (one of the only storyline-ish things PWG has right now) When Chris Hero is through with his World Title chase, I can see the Kings Of Wrestling reuniting in PWG eventually. But until then, I wouldn't count on it.

be interesting to see Hero get the title then have CC come out and challenge him.
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Sun May 30, 2010 5:32 am

Would it? That match has been done like 5 times in PWG alone. Funny thing about this Claudio business is nobody was saying a peep about KOW until they reunited elsewhere. Not like PWG couldn't arrange that any time they wanted. Why would you want the same teams and stables in different feds?

Hero's value as a singles guy is almost unmatched in PWG. Dude had some amazing matches last year, longest reigning World Champ ever, involved in one of the top 3 PWG feuds ever. I totally get how they would maybe see Claudio as inferior (not saying he's less talented) and decide only a handful of guys are worth the ticket. I'd put Strong in the same category, just a powerhouse the company knows will always come through.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sun May 30, 2010 5:57 am

This coming from a huge KOW fan, by the way. I fucking loved them when they were in every fed that mattered in '06-'07, KOW vs. Cape Fear is one of the best PWG tags of all time.

But it's 2010, we've got Hero following a path toward the title with major singles wins. Claudio's last show was Life During Wartime in a totally unmemorable match. He also showed up during Hero/Tornado but that was that.

I'd rather see Hero team with somebody who'd get a rub from it, like Dragon did with Davey. As a matter of fact, if they ever do bring Claudio back, it should be only for singles matches that haven't happened yet, special guest-style.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Meltman wrote:Would it? That match has been done like 5 times in PWG alone. Funny thing about this Claudio business is nobody was saying a peep about KOW until they reunited elsewhere. Not like PWG couldn't arrange that any time they wanted. Why would you want the same teams and stables in different feds?

Hero's value as a singles guy is almost unmatched in PWG. Dude had some amazing matches last year, longest reigning World Champ ever, involved in one of the top 3 PWG feuds ever. I totally get how they would maybe see Claudio as inferior (not saying he's less talented) and decide only a handful of guys are worth the ticket. I'd put Strong in the same category, just a powerhouse the company knows will always come through.

It would to me because I've never seen it happen lol. And maybe people would like to see the same teams, stables, and feuds in the same feds because they can see it live instead of on DVD?
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Sorry Jacob, its gonna have to be 299 dollars, not 300, because I won't pay a dime for Tyler Black. LOL

Oh by the way Jacob did u know that Tyler Black also made a name for himself in IWA. Oops so much for a garbage fed right? :P
krayzie Bone

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum