Ending of Raw

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Ending of Raw

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Holy sweet mother of God, that was amazing. That's about as close to a shoot that WWE could ever hope to pull off in this day and age. Totally unexpected, but it makes perfect sense. The NXT beatdown of Cena, Punk, Gallows, EVERYTHING THEY COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON, brought me back to the awesome start The Dynasty had when they just murdered Dragon and Davey. This could all be pissed away next week, hell maybe even as soon as NXT tomorrow or Smackdown on Friday, but I want to see what happens next.

One of the best, unexpected endings to a show I've seen in a very long time. I think the thing that made it best is they didn't just go after Cena, the uber face. They just went for anyone in their way. Stryker, King, Justin Roberts, ring guys, staff that tried to break it up, I mean my God that was so epic. The only reason I can think that they didn't go after Cole is that it would've got them a face pop, and that's definitely not what they were going for.

They didn't get mic time (Which just builds intrigue and makes me want to watch next week to find out... the whole point, duh), they didn't even really posture to the crowd. They were just focused on physically destroying everything. Ripping apart the ring, the table, the barricade, the floor mats, just doesn't really get done anymore. Sure, tables are used to go through for spots, but they just ripped it apart. Cena has undone the ring ripes before, but it's been a while if memory serves me correct. And I definitely can't remember the ring ever been torn apart like that.

With HBK gone, Taker out, HHH out, Orton hurt, and so on and so on, I can't really think of a better way for instant elevation and credibility. You could argue winning a title would be bigger for them, but for now it seems like it was a point to get them over as a collective unit. Sure Barrett (And probably Danielson) will be their two top guys, but this showed unity and cohesiveness and a common goal. So now they're all going to reap the benefits, not just one guy (or two, for that matter) holding WWE gold. I wouldn't doubt at all if Barrett replaced Orton, though. Which I'd be fine with, even if he takes the loss. PPV Debut in a World Title match... that's huge.

Hopefully they let it play out for a while, but I hope they eventually have Barrett and Danielson butt heads, setting Danielson back on the face path. At least he got the win over Miz first!

Again, god damn, the end of Raw was just fantastic. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Matt Flash

Re: Ending of Raw

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:46 am

I agree. It was very interesting...
Very curious to see how things play out over the next few weeks.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah that was awesome but that raw was horrible I expected the show overall to be a lot better
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Yea, with the exception of the whole NXT invasion angle, everything before that was pretty bad.
I changed the channel for a while as soon as I saw Khali & Hornswoggle challenge the Harty Dynasty. That pissed me off.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Best part was Danielson spitting in Cena's face.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:36 pm

DeadBlueBlazer

Postby BurningHammerMark » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

I am one of NXT's biggest critics but last night was a very good way of generating interest in the crew from Season 1. I doubt in a few months all of those guys will still be on TV like Tarver and Young but if the creative team does this right it'll go very far in putting over guys like Barrett, Danielson, Gabriel and Otunga who seem to be the guys creative is very high on.

I really loved how no one was safe but I also would've liked to have seen more faces run out their trying to make the save for Cena and get destroyed by the NXT guys. I hope they keep this strong in the coming weeks and months but since this is WWE I won't hold my breath and I still have no interest in Season 2.
BurningHammerMark

Postby Matt Flash » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:15 pm

I don't know, I like Tarver. The dude can work a gimmick really well. Markets himself really well. If I want anyone gone, it's probably Skip Sheffield.
Matt Flash

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:23 pm

an angy skip was ok! they need to lose that Stupid Ginger Kid.
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Late to the party but I do have to agree that the ending segment was beautiful. A friend of mine who lives out on the East Coast said I might want to tune it but didn't spoil anything for me. So I recorded Raw. The whole show was horrendous but that last segment was just dandy. A very effective way to put over the first season talent.

Did anyone else guffaw at this like I did?

CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Tarver is alright but he did screw up Bryan kicking Cena in the head and you can heard Heath Slater, the Ginger, telling him to move back and let Bryan kick Cena, the one person I can't stand on that group his "Mr. Jennifer Hudson" David Otunga, who didn't do shit aside from beating a ref before Cena got beat up and did his move on Cena, if you notice, during the destruction of Raw, Otunga just stood around in the ring doing nothing

anyways, some interesting NXT stuff that happened during FCW of all places
The main event of tonight's FCW TV taping was announced as The Miz and Daniel Bryan vs Christian and Heath Slater. Miz's music played but no one came out. Christian's music from like 2 years ago played, christian came out alone and made fun of the music collection. Christian talked about what happened on raw, a very loud Cena Sucks chant starts. Christian called out Slater and told him to explain it to his face. Slater said how he started off 4 and 0 and everything was great, but he wouldn't give him the answers he wanted anymore and they finished 4th.

Bryan runs in and attacks Christian from behind. Miz runs in afterward and together they fight off the rookies. Miz says lets do pros vs rookies. Christian says you want to make a statement? Statements have consequences, so come in so we can beat the consequences into you. Miz says lets do it because they are the WWE pros, and they are AWESOME. Miz pulls off his shirt and the girls started cheering, Christian grabs miz's shirt, puts it on and takes it off and was disappointed when no girls cheered for him.

Christian and Slater start off. Eventually Miz gets in and is going full babyface. Eventually Bryan gets in who is going full Danielson heel. Yelling best in the world, telling the ref he has till 5, and yelling at Miz "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PRO!" Lots of smarks cheering for Dragon. Eventually miz and christian have the rookies ready for the finishers at the same time, and oh **** ALL of the season one rookies show up! They get in the ring and beat the **** out of Miz and Christian and start tearing apart the ring again! Bryan kicks Miz's head in and Slater hits the killswitch on christian. The rookies leave the pros in a heap.
El Asian

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:22 am

CheMateo wrote:Late to the party but I do have to agree that the ending segment was beautiful. A friend of mine who lives out on the East Coast said I might want to tune it but didn't spoil anything for me. So I recorded Raw. The whole show was horrendous but that last segment was just dandy. A very effective way to put over the first season talent.

Did anyone else guffaw at this like I did?

and this is the image that dirt sheets say got him fired...
jacob_burman

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

OMG they should fire Cena! Some kid may have seen this...
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:12 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Image

OMG they should fire Cena! Some kid may have seen this...

Funny thing is Cena posted an apparent message defending Danielson and saying he wanted to see him back.

And the Cena/Umaga thing was before a certain incident.

Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Didn't Cena just recently use a chain to choke out someone? In an stf? Am I wrong on remembering this?
fatallylost

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 pm

It makes sense. You can see Slater go to use the ring ropes to choke Cena, but almost immediately stops. Looked stupid at the time, but it's forgiveable now.

And let's be honest. We just saw a PPV Main Event include someone getting RUN OVER BY A CAR. Yes, he was completely fine afterwards (Which is really just another story for another day), but still.

If wrestling's "fake", then why should someone getting choked by a tie mean anything? It's all fake, right?

I'll be watching Raw Monday just in case this is all a work, which I'm hoping it is. I wouldn't be surprised if Raw had a noticeable jump in ratings. Not a huge jump or anything, but noticeably higher.

Though personally, if he really did get fired, I'm sure he'll get resigned as soon as all this blows over. Aside from this incident, I've not heard anyone say anything in anyway negative about Danielson. JR says he's a guy the locker room should be filled with. Cena wants him back, whether it's a work or not that carries a lot of weight seeing as he's the face of the company. Hell, even Vince was sorry he had to fire him. He runs the biggest wrestling company in the world. Firing Danielson would really mean nothing, as I don't think many fans would stop watching just because Danielson is gone, to him. He'd have no reason to sugarcoat it to him.

In the meantime, I'll just hope and pray Danielson gets booked for the Anniversary show. Danielson/Strong vs. London/Generico anybody?
Matt Flash

Postby Meltman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:23 am

Matt Flash wrote:In the meantime, I'll just hope and pray Danielson gets booked for the Anniversary show. Danielson/Strong vs. London/Generico anybody?

I'd almost rather just see Danielson/London go at it.
Meltman

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Meltman wrote:
Matt Flash wrote:In the meantime, I'll just hope and pray Danielson gets booked for the Anniversary show. Danielson/Strong vs. London/Generico anybody?

If they weren't tag champs, I'd agree. Maybe have that match, and if Danielson wins he gets a shot with a partner of his choice at a later date?
Matt Flash

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:41 pm

fatallylost wrote:Didn't Cena just recently use a chain to choke out someone? In an stf? Am I wrong on remembering this?

I remember JBL/Y2J using cords to choke one another out at I believe the Rumble? Not a damn thing happened then. Funny you can't choke someone, but you can run people over and have limo's back into cars.

On the flip side, if it is true about one of his sponsors calling him, can't really blame Vince there. Vince needs to do whatever he can to make sure his sponsors are happy and they keep giving him money in this day and age.
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Matt Flash wrote:
Meltman wrote:

If they weren't tag champs, I'd agree. Maybe have that match, and if Danielson wins he gets a shot with a partner of his choice at a later date?

Dude, we're lucky if Danielson has any matches on the indies at all, let alone 2 in PWG.
Meltman

Next

Return to General Discussion