7th Anni. Card

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

7th Anni. Card

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:04 am

If you follow PWG you know anniversary shows always deliver extra hard. What are some matches you'd like to see this year?

Potential dream card:

PWG World Championship
Davey Richards
Meltman

Re: 7th Anni. Card

Postby El Asian » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:07 pm

with this being PWG's 7 year show, PWG will probably pull in some surprises in store, personally, with the show set to be in 30th of July, I actually want PWG to actually announce the show by announcing a few matches leading up to show, it builds excitement, anyways, with a certain someone gone from another company for now, I think there's one match I would love to see for the 7 year show

PWG World Championship Match
Davey Richards (c) vs. Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson

with Hero and Omega, both are issuing their rematch clause for their title shot, however Danielson, remember, he never lost the title, so a fitting return for him to try and reclaim the title that he never lost
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:56 pm

The only surprise last year was 2SBG reuniting. Sadly I don't think we'll see any stand-out "wow!" type names. Hope I'm wrong, either way it'll be a great show.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Meltman wrote:Sadly I don't think we'll see any stand-out "wow!" type names.

Wasn't considering Danielson when I said this. If they did book him it certainly falls in that category, but it's such a weird business I'm not counting on anything of the sort. Fans do love their ideas though, thinking back at topics around here (WGTT in DDT/PAC making unannounced appearance).

Then again, Cabana shows up in PWG 1 day after being canned, so the Danielson theory has some legs.
Meltman

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Here's my card:
PWG World Championship: Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega
Omega gets his rematch, Hero finally gets his title shot, and Danielson gets a chance to reclaim the title he never lost...if they can't get danielson to come back, make it a triple threat
PWG Tag Team Championship: Peligro Abejas vs. Motor City Machine Guns
Machine Guns are due to return to PWG, and this would be an amazing match...
Brian Kendrick vs. Kevin Steen
after last show, this makes perfect sense
Young Bucks vs. Cutlers vs. Dynasty
after last show, a rematch is in store... throw scott lost into the mix instead of malichi and make in a triple threat tag match, with the angle that all three teams are after the tag titles
Chuck Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson
Roderick Strong vs. Brandan Bonham
the nothing else for them so put them together matches
LTP vs. Johnny Goodtime vs. Ryan Taylor vs. Malichi Jackson
for the anniversary show, they shouldn't have the lower card locals to take up more than one match, and instead of having these guys tag once again have it every man for himself
jdrouskirsh

Postby thrillaveza » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:22 pm

i'm sure danielson would get hired back by wwe once that whole stupid situation he was put in blows off (he's backed by a lot of people in the locker rooms, including cena as well as all the indy wrestling internet fans and fans of the wwe universe). but that'd be cool to see him wrestle in pwg again. but yet, if wwe doesn't rehire him by this event then i think he'd compete.

i know that richards' title match will either go against strong or hero...perhaps another kurtrusselmania (minus rvd) or even a fatal 4 way with omega in the mix just like what EL Asian said. all i know is, any match with richards will always be a good match to watch.

i also want to see some tag action with the brandon(s) teaming up. let alone seeing some stables from chikara come to socal (the orsirian portal is who'd i love to see in pwg). either of the teams i would love to see face generico and london.

and more chicks wrestling. what i love about pwg let alone indy wrestling, is that the women can actually wrestle. i do love seeing candice and von eerie wrestle, but i want to see more chicks wrestle in pwg. perhaps a tag match amongst the two with amazing kong and sarah del rey in the mix. like candice and von eeire vs. kong and del rey. maybe it's just me, but i would love to see that; it'll be like a typical david vs. goliath match but knowing the surprises pwg has, who would know the outcome.

as for the various singles matches

prince devitt vs. scott lost
if you haven't seen devitt wrestle, youtube him. i think him and scott have the same wrestling ability with their quick and sudden attacks they do. judging by videos i've seen from devitt and watching lost wrestle i think they are both on par of one another. though some say devitt is a aj and low ki clone, i beg to differ.

austin aries vs. chuck taylor
idk, there's something about this match that brings excitement. you got two heels, both snobby and interactive with the crowd. i feel a match like this would be fun with a lot of crowd interactions. i wouldn't know who would win amongst the two but i got my favor for taylor.

shingo takagi vs. kevin steen
i honestly do not know whether this match happened before but i would love to see this match. you got two guys with a devastating move set, wrestle against each other.

and in any order, the remaining pwg regulars in matches.
thrillaveza

Postby Htornado » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:40 pm

I'd love to see PAC brought back for the anniversary show.
Htornado

Postby b2u » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:48 am

PWG World Title 3 Way Elimination: Davey Richards(c) vs. Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega
PWG World Tag Team Titles: Peligro Abejas(c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare: The Cutler Brothers vs. The Young Bucks
Roderick Strong vs. Brandon Bonham
Colt Cabana vs. Akira Tozawa
Scott Lost and Chuck Taylor vs. Joey Ryan and Brandon Gatson
Six Person Tag Team Elimination Match: Ryan Taylor, Malachi Jackson and Christina Von Eerie vs. LTP, Johnny Goodtime and Candice LaRe
b2u

Postby Meltman » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:19 am

Forgot how I skipped over this earlier.

El Asian wrote:with the show set to be in 30th of July, I actually want PWG to actually announce the show by announcing a few matches leading up to show, it builds excitement

Dude, absolutely. With so much space between shows and DVD releases PWG practically needs to do this to keep a buzz going.

There's like a month and a half right now of waiting time. I sincerely hope it's not a case where we get nothing for 3 weeks, then boom, then nothing else for 3.

They really, truly would benefit from announcing one match every couple of days. If you've got an 8-match card you can have a 4-day gap between announcements; that's over a month, with just about a week to just be hyped about the event.

They've done it in the past with All Star Weekends and other specialty shows.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:23 pm

Meltman wrote:Forgot how I skipped over this earlier.

El Asian wrote:with the show set to be in 30th of July, I actually want PWG to actually announce the show by announcing a few matches leading up to show, it builds excitement

Dude, absolutely. With so much space between shows and DVD releases PWG practically needs to do this to keep a buzz going.

There's like a month and a half right now of waiting time. I sincerely hope it's not a case where we get nothing for 3 weeks, then boom, then nothing else for 3.

They really, truly would benefit from announcing one match every couple of days. If you've got an 8-match card you can have a 4-day gap between announcements; that's over a month, with just about a week to just be hyped about the event.

They've done it in the past with All Star Weekends and other specialty shows.

Totally agree with this. By the time DIO was around, I lost a lot of interest in the show that I didn't make the trip out there. it also probably didn't help that I wasn't in love with the card either. But this 7th year show, a match announced here and there would build excitement and get fans talking. Still greatly bummed out that this will happen on a Friday night, though.
jacob_burman

Postby b2u » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:13 pm

b2u wrote:PWG World Title 3 Way Elimination: Davey Richards(c) vs. Chris Hero vs. Kenny Omega
PWG World Tag Team Titles: Peligro Abejas(c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Tag Team Guerrilla Warfare: The Cutler Brothers vs. The Young Bucks
Roderick Strong vs. Brandon Bonham
Colt Cabana vs. Akira Tozawa
Scott Lost and Chuck Taylor vs. Joey Ryan and Brandon Gatson
Six Person Tag Team Elimination Match: Ryan Taylor, Malachi Jackson and Christina Von Eerie vs. LTP, Johnny Goodtime and Candice LaRe

In light of recent of events, I would add "American Dragon" Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson to the match as well. Probably the first elimination would be Dragon, then Omega, then the showdown between Hero and Davey. Davey will probably retain but Hero would claim he didn't the one on one shot he most rightfully deserves. Thus setting up the big one on one match down the line.
b2u

Postby hjaskater » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm

PWG World Tag Team Championships
iPeligro Abrejas! vs. Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi

PWG World Championship
Davey Richards vs. Dragon Kid

DDT4 2009 Rematch (Guerrila Warfare)
The Young Bucks vs. The Hybrid Dolphins

PWG Championship #1 Contenders Match
Scott Lost vs. Austin Aries vs. Chris Hero

PWG Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Match
The Briscoes vs. Hart Foundation 2.0 vs. The Cutlers vs. Motor City Machineguns

Chuck Taylor vs. Colt Cabana vs. Human Tornado

Lucha VaVOOM Showcase Match
Joey Ryan y Mascarita Dorada vs. Cassandro y Cuije

INSANE Locals Triangle Trios
Los Luchas/Malachi vs. RockNES Monsters/Bonham vs. Gatson/LTP/CVE
hjaskater

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:53 am

Heres my card for the 7th year show:

PWG Guerrilla Title
Davey Richards vs Kenny Omega (Omega demanding title rematch)

PWG Guerrilla Tag Title
Peligro Abejas vs Motor City Machineguns

Guerrilla Warfare
Generation Me vs The Cuttler Brothers

Brian Danielson vs Chuck Taylor

Brian Kendrick vs Kevin Steen

Roderick Strong vs Brandon Bonham

Christina Von Eerie & Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan & Ryan Taylor

Alot of this matches make sense. No Chris Hero, at Dio he mentioned he wont come back until he gets a PWG title shot, I believe this means he is going to take a couple of months off PWG. Brian Danielson shouldnt be fighting for the title either. He should be in a match that should be more fun than a fight... Chuck will be the best.
The Franchise13

Postby Madvillian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 am

I would really love to see Scott Lost vs Samoa Joe at this show.
Madvillian

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

With Danielson confirmed, it has to be Danielson/Davey for the title. I doubt we'll get Omega on this card at all, possibly Hero.

Cutlers/Bucks Guerrilla Warfare will (it's got to be this match) will be in-fucking-sane.
Meltman

Postby UGotJealousEyes » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

I want to see Super Dragon vs. Macho Man on this show.

It has as much a chance of happening as most of these cards lol.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how possible it is to have a card with 10+ fly ins as some people have suggested.
UGotJealousEyes

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Meltman wrote:With Danielson confirmed, it has to be Danielson/Davey for the title. I doubt we'll get Omega on this card at all, possibly Hero.

Cutlers/Bucks Guerrilla Warfare will (it's got to be this match) will be in-fucking-sane.

I don't know about that. I think PWG might want to have someone who they want to win the strap from Davey in the match. With Davey retiring in December, he's probably going to take a lot of overseas dates as people are going to want to see him in one of his last matches. So who knows if Davey will be able to defend the title, especially since he missed the last two shows. And with Danielson, who knows how much time he will actually spend in the Indys. I honestly expect him to be back in the E by Summerslam.
jacob_burman

Postby Meltman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:42 pm

First off, anyone who sets a date for their own retirement will not retire by that date.

Even so, you think PWG would go a predictable route and take the belt off Davey after his claim? They had Danielson win the belt after signing with WWE. They know the fans expect certain things and that's how we're swerved.

Besides, the show's in July and his claim is December. If you want the belt off him by the 7th anniversary that's one hell of a rush.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Meltman wrote:First off, anyone who sets a date for their own retirement will not retire by that date.

Even so, you think PWG would go a predictable route and take the belt off Davey after his claim? They had Danielson win the belt after signing with WWE. They know the fans expect certain things and that's how we're swerved.

Besides, the show's in July and his claim is December. If you want the belt off him by the 7th anniversary that's one hell of a rush.

I actually believe Davey because he wants to be a firefighter/doctorish or something of that nature. He wants to go out and save lives. I can easily see him giving up wrestling for something he really wants to do. As he said, wrestling isn't his life. He doesn't seem like the guy that wants to go to WWE or TNA, so in that standard, what else is there to do that he hasn't done?

And the claim would be that he hasn't appeared at the last two shows. Who knows how many times Davey will be able to appear in PWG from Aug. to Dec.? I mean, isn't the whole reason they took the strap off of Omega is because he couldn't make it to the shows to defend the title? So in that case, if Davey isn't going to be able to continue to make the PWG shows, yes, I would like to see the belt off of Davey and given to someone who will be at the shows.
jacob_burman

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:30 am

I dont know if any here went to AWS Halloween Slaughterhouse in Oct 09, but Von Eerie and Candice put on an amazing steel cage weapons match. Well that got me thinking. How about a handicapped guerrilla warfare match featuring Von Eerie and Candice v. The Necro Butcher. It would be insane. Who doesn't want to see the ladies make Necro bleed? Ballplex and pedigree onto a pile of chairs? Necro trying to punch "these bitches"(thats what i picture Necro calling em) in the face? Probably just the weed talking, but I know I wanna see this match.
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum