7th Anni. Card

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 7th Anni. Card

Postby Meltman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:58 pm

jacob_burman wrote:I actually believe Davey because he wants to be a firefighter/doctorish or something of that nature. He wants to go out and save lives. I can easily see him giving up wrestling for something he really wants to do. As he said, wrestling isn't his life. He doesn't seem like the guy that wants to go to WWE or TNA, so in that standard, what else is there to do that he hasn't done?

If you followed any previous Davey "controversies" the main thing issue comes from there being no money in wrestling. Hence him ditching DGUSA to sign with ROH, bigger pay. You can't say what somebody wants without you knowing them. WWE and TNA are money, that's the bottom line. Money, exposure, all that. Danielson signed with WWE for money.

Setting a retirement date is just really lame I feel. Is there gonna be a 4-month retirement tour? For a guy who might come back any moment after set date for a one time $100 appearance?

jacob_burman wrote:And the claim would be that he hasn't appeared at the last two shows. Who knows how many times Davey will be able to appear in PWG from Aug. to Dec.? I mean, isn't the whole reason they took the strap off of Omega is because he couldn't make it to the shows to defend the title? So in that case, if Davey isn't going to be able to continue to make the PWG shows, yes, I would like to see the belt off of Davey and given to someone who will be at the shows.

You're showing too much concern almost. He's confirmed for the July show, things are obviously looking more up than down after him missing 2 shows for Japan. If anything I would imagine if he's serious about leaving/retiring he'd want to fully commit all bookings until then.

There have been some real bad title situations in the past. For example Tornado being champ while his knee was fucked; we saw no defenses for a very long time. Before him Low Ki had to vacate the title. The Omega/Davey situation is actually pretty tame in comparison.
Meltman

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:57 pm

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:I dont know if any here went to AWS Halloween Slaughterhouse in Oct 09, but Von Eerie and Candice put on an amazing steel cage weapons match. Well that got me thinking. How about a handicapped guerrilla warfare match featuring Von Eerie and Candice v. The Necro Butcher. It would be insane. Who doesn't want to see the ladies make Necro bleed? Ballplex and pedigree onto a pile of chairs? Necro trying to punch "these bitches"(thats what i picture Necro calling em) in the face? Probably just the weed talking, but I know I wanna see this match.

CVE isn't going to be at the next show..
UGotJealousEyes wrote:I want to see Super Dragon vs. Macho Man on this show.

It has as much a chance of happening as most of these cards lol.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how possible it is to have a card with 10+ fly ins as some people have suggested.

As for the comment posted earlier about 10+ fly ins, you have to consider that the Machine Guns, London, Kendrick (who all live in the area) and Danielson (who lives in Vegas) aren't really fly ins.... so for a normal show they generally use six, with it being a bigger show, they can have one more: Omega, Richards, Generico, Taylor, Steen, Hero, and Strong....
jdrouskirsh

Postby hjaskater » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Okay, a few more DREAM MATCHES for the 7YA show:

KUSHIDA & Hayato "Jr." Fujita vs. Motor City Machineguns
Kikutaro & Human Tornado vs. The Dynasty
Mr. #6 vs. Chuck Taylor
Apollo55 vs. Hybrid Dolphins (Roddy & Danielson)
hjaskater

Postby Meltman » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:49 pm

^ Ha, that's great.

Some fans just can't read between the lines. Lengthy show stretches, doubling up on locals. Not a shining indication of PWG having the means to have a dozen fly-ins.

And even after an announcement and a closed thread they still bring up Super Dragon.
Meltman

Postby Phoenixsplash » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:13 am

Anniversary Eight Man
Ronin, Bino Gambino, Malachi Jackson and Charles Mercury vs Hardkore Kidd, Los Luchas, and Disco Machine.

May seem odd, but I really want Bino, Ronin, and Kidd back. Felt all were way under-appreciated during their runs.

Brandon Bonham vs Scott Lost

Joey Ryan vs Kevin Steen vs Chuck Taylor vs Tozawa

Tag Titles
Danger Bees vs Goodtime and LTP vs Necro Butcher and Roderick Strong

Special Attraction
Jack Evans vs El Blazer

World Title
Davey Richards vs Chris Hero vs Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson

Guerrilla Warfare
Young Bucks vs Cutlers

Most won't ever happen, but I think it'd be an awesome show.
Phoenixsplash

Postby hjaskater » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Phoenixsplash wrote:Special Attraction
Jack Evans vs El Blazer

Good lord, the FLIPZ.
hjaskater

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:26 pm

PWG World Title Match
Davey Richards (c) vs. Chris Hero

Hero said he'll only come back if he gets a World Title shot, and he's been such a huge part of PWG that he simply needs to be on the Anniversary show.

PWG World Tag Team Title Match
The Danger Bees (c) vs. Men Of Low Moral Fiber

For obvious reasons, this could be a show stealer. PWG has done a great job of keeping that aura of unpredictability in their title matches, and this would probably be no different. This would be fantastic in every sense of the word.

Guerrilla Warfare Match
The Young Bucks vs. The Cutlers

I really can't imagine any other booking for a Guerrilla Warfare match. Not that they needed it, because the whole Cutlers/Bucks rivalry has been more of an underlying issue than a violent blood feud. But this will still be amazing, and if The Cutlers win, it would be HUGE, and could pretty easily make them the next in line for a Tag Title shot.

Bryan Danielson vs. CIMA

Originally I was going to put in SHINGO, because I think that'd be the better match, but this would probably be the BIGGER match, and for the Anniversary show that's just as important. Tack on a 2/3 falls stipulation and you've got a top of the card that rivals ROH's iPPV Death Before Dishonor VIII from this past Saturday. Hell, even if it's just a straight up 1-on-1 match, that's still huge enough to put it in contention.

Roderick Strong vs. SHINGO

This match would be the god damn definition of babyface fire and intensity. I can't even give a reason why I want this match so bad. I really don't think I should have to. This would be incredible, and have every bit of a chance to steal the show as the top-4 matches.

6-man Tag Match

Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino and PAC vs. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin and Karl Anderson

I don't keep up with my Dragon Gate that much, so I have no idea if any of the DG guys are teaming in any way at the moment, but this would again be fantastic. Maybe short changing PAC here, since his return might be better served as a big-time singles match, but there's nothing that I want to take away from the other matches, so I have him here. This would, again, be incredible.

Joey Ryan and Scott Lost vs. The Briscoes

Not as marquee a match as some of the others, but this would still be a very very quality tag team match. I enjoy every single one of them more now than when they had their first match for the belts waaaay back in '08 at Scared Straight.

Brandon Gatson and Brandon Bonham vs. Johnny Goodtime and LTP

More solid featuring of the local talent. I know it's a mix-n-match most of the time now, but the crowd still loves these guys in the openers of the shows, so why try and fix something that ain't broken yet?

Ryan Taylor vs. Malachi Jackson

Just because I want Jackson to get utterly destroyed by Taylor. No other real reason whatsoever.

Maybe this is a little stacked, with too many fly ins and not enough breathing room inbetween bigtime matches, but if any crowd is up to the task or staying hot for all these matches in one night, it's our PWG crowd. That's for damn sure.
Matt Flash

Postby hjaskater » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Dragon Kid vs. Necro Butcher
hjaskater

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm

pwg title:
davey (c) vs hero vs omega
hero & omega both have title shots & id really like to see this match, but i just dont want amdrag in the title hunt dont know why

tag titles:
dager bees (c) vs mcmg, or amdrag & strong, or both (gurilla warfare MAYBE)
come on this match will be pure awesomeness

ROCKness monsters vs LTP & malichi jackson
nice lowercard match & ROCKness monsters need to be in pwg damn it (i know goodtime alreadt is); LTP & malichi are a random paring

young buck vs cuttlers (tag #1 contenders match)
we all want it

steen vs kendrick (gurilla warfare if not the other match)
after the end to the last show this should happen

amdrag vs joey ryan, or chuck tayor, or scott lost, or any combination of them (if amdrag isnt in the other match)
i dont know if this has happened before but im a joey ryan fan (& i like the other guys to) & id like to him/them go up agaist the so called "best in the world"

yeah that's about all i got
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:55 pm

also danger bees vs men of low moral fiber (maybe gureilla warfare) would be awesome
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

last thing i reeeeeeeeealy hope super dragon is there (probly not but whatever) maybe face amdrag, joey ryan, or mabye . . . davey (MARK OUT!)
So Cal Punk

Postby Meltman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 am

With Sky's return official, they need to book him against Gatson. That's the best possible return for Scorpio.
Meltman

Postby hjaskater » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, in just a few hours we find out how much crazy this show'll be!
hjaskater

Postby jdrouskirsh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 am

Meltman wrote:With Sky's return official, they need to book him against Gatson. That's the best possible return for Scorpio.

thing is, with it being a bigger show and all, they need to condense the lower card local guys (LTP, Goodtime, Malichi, Taylor, Gatson, Bonham) into a maximum of two matches... so if Gatson is against scorpio, the rest of them need to all be in one match
jdrouskirsh

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:08 pm

jdrouskirsh wrote:thing is, with it being a bigger show and all, they need to condense the lower card local guys (LTP, Goodtime, Malichi, Taylor, Gatson, Bonham) into a maximum of two matches

agreed, but remember the locals helped build pwg too
So Cal Punk

Postby Meltman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 am

jdrouskirsh wrote:
Meltman wrote:With Sky's return official, they need to book him against Gatson. That's the best possible return for Scorpio.

thing is, with it being a bigger show and all, they need to condense the lower card local guys (LTP, Goodtime, Malichi, Taylor, Gatson, Bonham) into a maximum of two matches... so if Gatson is against scorpio, the rest of them need to all be in one match

You were right about this. I'm surprised Tozawa didn't get a bigger match though, simply for being temporary.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 am

Meltman wrote:^ Ha, that's great.

Some fans just can't read between the lines. Lengthy show stretches, doubling up on locals. Not a shining indication of PWG having the means to have a dozen fly-ins.

And even after an announcement and a closed thread they still bring up Super Dragon.

Wait, Super Dragon's going to be there? :mrgreen:

I agree with this though. I always laugh at the "book the show" threads, because they always involve all kinds of fly ins or really big name wrestlers, especially from Japan. It'll go something like this:

The Cutler Brothers vs. Toshiaki Kawada and Kenta Kobashi

Scott Lost vs. CIMA vs The Great Sasuke

Davey Richards vs. Antonio Inoki

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration. But seriously people, when fantasy booking the next card, you have to think of who is actually available and easy to get. You'll usually get a couple of good guys from outside of SoCal (MCMG, Roddy, Danielson) maybe one guy we don't see that often (Steen, Kendrick), the regulars, and cool fly-ins only when it is pretty easy (ie, YAMATO and Tozawa because they were going through LA anyways).
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm

so with the card already announced and all and might as well turn in this into a "what's everyone predictions for the show" instead, so yeah, what does everyone predict for the show, mine:

Ryan Taylor, Malachi Jackson, and Akira Tozawa over Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, and Candice Larae
Brandon Bonham over Brian Cage
Bryan Danielson over Roderick Strong
the Cutler Brothers over the Young Bucks in a Guerrilla Warfare match
El Asian

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:21 pm

El Asian wrote:so with the card already announced and all and might as well turn in this into a "what's everyone predictions for the show" instead, so yeah, what does everyone predict for the show, mine:

Ryan Taylor, Malachi Jackson, and Akira Tozawa over Brandon Gatson, Johnny Goodtime, and Candice Larae
The_Sharpshooter

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:54 am

El Asian wrote:so with the card already announced and all and might as well turn in this into a "what's everyone predictions for the show" instead, so yeah, what does everyone predict for the show, mine:

So Cal Punk

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum