Brian Danielson at PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Brian Danielson at PWG

Postby maxx powerz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Meltman wrote:It's happened before, but not in PWG. If I recall correctly the match wasn't much to write home about, sadly.

Chalk it up to circumstance. ROH B-show the night before Danielson gets a title shot, it was Pac's third match for the company, it didn't really make sense to book the match as anything other than a glorified squash.

That said, Danielson always has shown a disappointing disinterest in giving "flippy" guys much offense when he faces them. Whether its Pac, Jack Evans or Matt Sydal in ROH, or even the Young Bucks match as DDT4 (which I loved, but the point still holds), Danielson doesn't seem to like to give the aerial guys much offense when they face him. Maybe its a principle thing for him, I dunno.
maxx powerz

Postby Sillentassasin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:38 pm

i will be making my way there... gotta support my boy Danielson!
Sillentassasin

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:58 pm

El Asian wrote:personally, I always wanted a match between Bryan Danielson and Human Tornado

That one would be fun
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Htornado » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:55 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
El Asian wrote:personally, I always wanted a match between Bryan Danielson and Human Tornado

That one would be fun

Yeah, that would be a cool match.
Htornado

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am

Can't think of a better match than Dragon v. CIMA III
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:Can't think of a better match than Dragon v. CIMA III

Well we better hope CIMA happens to be in this country when the show happens....
jdrouskirsh

Postby KickToKill » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Although I'm happy to have Danielson in PWG again I'm bummed that he got fired from WWE. I thought he'd become on of their future main players, Especially after reading that Jim Ross said he's his favorite out of the NXT roster. There's so many guys I'd like to see him work with..., Punk, Jericho, Tag match with Regal...anything!
KickToKill

Postby Madvillian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 am

-- Jim Ross wrote the following on Twitter yesterday concerning Bryan Danielson: "Daniel bryan became relevant in 13 wks which is a big win. Sure hope wwe gives Bryan a 2nd chance some day. The kid has 'it.' Size non issue."

-- As noted earler, Bryan Danielson returned to action at Saturday night's CHIKARA Pro event in Taylor, Michigan, defeating Eddie Kingston with a roll-up. Following the bout, Danielson spoke on the microphone to discuss his future. The transcript of his speech is as follows: "I just want you guys to know - I can't say a lot about what's going on right now - but, when I came through that curtain and all of you people cheered and all of you people cared and all of you people cared enough to bring ties, it made me feel good," Danielson said. "I don't know what's going to happen with my career, but for the next little while while I'm on the independents, I have one goal and one goal in mind - to bring more people to independent wrestling. Let me tell you about PG wrestling. CHIKARA does it at its very best. I kicked Eddie Kingston as long as I possibly could and that was PG. People came out here and mat wrestled as hard as they could and that was PG. When guys come out here and wrestle as hard as they can, that is still PG."
Madvillian

Postby jacob_burman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Madvillian wrote:-- Jim Ross wrote the following on Twitter yesterday concerning Bryan Danielson: "Daniel bryan became relevant in 13 wks which is a big win. Sure hope wwe gives Bryan a 2nd chance some day. The kid has 'it.' Size non issue."

-- As noted earler, Bryan Danielson returned to action at Saturday night's CHIKARA Pro event in Taylor, Michigan, defeating Eddie Kingston with a roll-up. Following the bout, Danielson spoke on the microphone to discuss his future. The transcript of his speech is as follows: "I just want you guys to know - I can't say a lot about what's going on right now - but, when I came through that curtain and all of you people cheered and all of you people cared and all of you people cared enough to bring ties, it made me feel good," Danielson said. "I don't know what's going to happen with my career, but for the next little while while I'm on the independents, I have one goal and one goal in mind - to bring more people to independent wrestling. Let me tell you about PG wrestling. CHIKARA does it at its very best. I kicked Eddie Kingston as long as I possibly could and that was PG. People came out here and mat wrestled as hard as they could and that was PG. When guys come out here and wrestle as hard as they can, that is still PG."

FINALLY a guy that isn't out there mocking the PG thing because he sees that wrestling, the basic down and dirty wrestling, is PG. Doubt that will change anyone's mind out there that loves to bash the PG thing, but I'm glad a man as credible as Danielson stood up and said it.
jacob_burman

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum