How did you get onto PWG?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: How did you get onto PWG?

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Easy. My bro and two cousins made the trip down to SoCal for Wrestlemania 21 back in '05 when i saw an ad online for wrestling featuring some of the TNA guys...AJ,Daniels,Shelley,Sabin and wanted to see them in person. We were blown away that first All Star Weekend and made the trip back that fall for the 1st Battle of Los Angeles. Ever since then, my brother and I have been making the 6hour drive from San Fran to LA/Reseda/Van Nuys for every Battle of Los Angles or other big PWG show including Wrestlereunion and the last DDT tourney. I do not understand how some of you folks down in that area do not make every show. I wish we had PWG up here in NorCal but our peak was APW when they would run the king of the indy's up here.
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby stevecw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 am

roh brought me to pwg !!!
stevecw

Postby Hayabusa420 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:52 pm

The awesomeness that is Super Dragon got me into PWG.
Hayabusa420

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

stevecw wrote:roh brought me to pwg !!!

Same here, now I enjoy pwg alot more than roh. Might be because I can see pwg in person lol
Souf Centrol

Postby hjaskater » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:19 pm

I acquired ASW7 and "Gentle Art of Making Enemies" by nefarious means to make a music videos. I was really, really happy with what I saw.

I went on to buy "PWG Sells Out" and six of the 2009 shows. I'll be buying again when ROH comes to Boston in April (saves the shipping fees).
hjaskater

Postby tmac9311 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:13 pm

i found it by youtube videos like Tiger Drivers and somehow knowing who Matt Sydal was(which lead to Tornado dunking on him). Liked what I saw but kinda left it at that for a year or so until my friend found a wrestling torrent site, Fell in love with it and vowed to start buying the DVD's once I got a job. I started working 2 weeks ago, and bought As the Worm Turns Today :).
tmac9311

Postby BillJames » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I got hooked on ROH and wanted to see them live then I found out that some wrestle for ROH and PWG so when speed of sound came around I went(along with my girlfriend) and now I'm more of a PWG fan than ROH

i am more of roh fan then pwg but i live on the east cost but i saw pwg about a and half a go on the web when i was looking guys like wrestle roh just trying to find matches with them and found pwg matches was not much of a download then so did not see much in tall last year started watching full shows online and that why i buy there dvds now

o and i started watch roh about two summer ago i type wrestling in on daily motion and found roh went to my first show last june and have not miss one after that in less then a year i have spent a carp ton money on roh

but roh and pwg are the best around
BillJames

Postby ajday » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm

I remember finding a video of Samoa Joe on YouTube and it said that he wrestled in PWG. For the next two or three hours, I did nothing but look up all of the videos I could find that connected to PWG. What locked me into it more than anything else was "Photogenic" Chris Bosh. The guy was the most outlandish racist character I have ever seen, and I immediately fell in love with PWG from then on. I immediately purchased PWG Sells Out Vol. 1 (when I actually had a job) that day, and I've been addicted ever since. Even though I don't frequently sign into the message board, I still visit it every other day just to see what is said. I've had conversations over twitter with some of the wrestlers about PWG, and even guys who frequent the boards (KiKrusher99 and SoufCentrol). My new life goal is to save enough money and make a trip from Portland, Or. down to Reseda, Ca. in order to see a PWG sometime before next year.
ajday

Postby thrillaveza » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

i remember this one time back in 06, my friend showed me a video of some guy named Super Dragon! in one of his CZW matches. and as seeing all these related videos and such, just so happens we see a PWG vid of him curb stomping jade chung. and then began the youtubing random pwg matches and segments for like months, till at a Raw house show we saw Joey Ryan, Tornado, and that one big guy with the curly hair and glasses that's regularly at the PWG shows (whom me and my friend used to think this was Super Dragon) standing outside. we took a picture with them cause we also seen them in WSX and such and they told us to go to one of their events. my first show was Bola 07.
thrillaveza

Postby Negabob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Hey New Guy here! having given up on the E and just absolutlely mind boggled by the nonsense of TNA, i satrted trolling YouTube for wrestling, old NWA, AWA, and anything else i could find. Having hears of ROH, I saw their page and got hooked, and looked up alot of their talent ot see who was who and such. This lead me to PWG, from guys like Colt Cabana, and seeing that el Generico and Kevin Steen, Chris Hero and such worked the shows. Watched a bunch of clips, finally broke down not too long ago and bought my first PWG DVD's and now think for my vacation next year, i'll have to fly out to Cali for BOLA.
Negabob

Postby KickToKill » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Hayabusa420 wrote:The awesomeness that is Super Dragon got me into PWG.

yup same here, I first saw Super Dragon live in 2004 at the JAPW 7th anniversary show against Beef Wellington and it was an awesome match, I went to the merch table and picked up Evolution 3 and it's been PWG all the way ever since
KickToKill

Postby The Celt » Thu May 27, 2010 7:11 am

I pretty much a total wrestling fan, there's really not any wrestling promotion you could sit me in front of that I couldn't find something I enjoy about, and I mean on that a huge scale. There's bits of XPW I like :!:

I can't remember specially what brought me to PWG, probably youtube and seeing the roster on a real world mod for the wrestling booking game Total Extreme Wrestling. PWG is pretty much my favourite wrestling promotion day. I still keep on an eye on all the players in the world (WWE, TNA, ROH, CHIKARA, CZW, everyone really) but PWG is number one for me because quite simply it's shows equal the most fun you can have in about 2 hours.

Don't have many PWG DVDs but I do have PWG sells out Vol.1 and will likey have Vol.2 pretty soon.
#
The Celt

Postby kenssmith » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:51 am

I had gotten hardcore into ROH. Then the booking change happened and the product went sour on me. I was banned from the message board because I criticized the decision to bring in Bushwhacker Luke.. So I quit watching their tv show, buying their dvds, and even caring whether or not they lived to see tomorrow. I had always known about PWG and watched TigerDriver's videos online. So I decided to just dive in and get the newest release at the time (Express Written Consent), BOLA '08, and Life During Wartime. And now it's been an obsession ever since. PWG is a great promotion that gives every fan something they'd like.
kenssmith

Postby kennyomegared » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 am

been watching from afar for some time, loved the comic book themes and finally got pwg sells out, then broke down and bought a bunch of dvd's from highspots (a couple times), and recently attended my first show, Titannica. i'll be at Dio! this week too. can't wait to see hero live!
kennyomegared

Postby The Generic Luchador » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Youtube Videos

But the first show I watched was 99
The Generic Luchador

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 am

It was like mid '05, and I was really getting into ROH and stuff and was already an established WWE and TNA fan. I've been a wrestling fan as long as I can remember, and a good friend of mine was giving me great exposure to these great feds in the states and in Japan.

but to make a long story short, Highspots.com helped me find out about PWG.

My friend gave me a link to highspots, and I stumbled across "KEE_ THE _EE OUT OF OUR _OOL!" and my interest was immediately captured! My friend was more hardcore ROH, but he said PWG is awesome, so eventually I came across this awesome PWG sale. First dvd I picked up(and firsty indy dvd ever for me) was "Uncanny Xmas", which was great. I had never laughed that hard watching a wrestling show in my life (Top Gun did it for me). And I was just blown away by Generico, Steen, and the Super Dragon/Storm match.

Been hooked ever since..
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am

Basically the same way as the guy who started this.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 am

Back in the end of 2007 I started watching indy wrestling. My friend (Amos) who wrestled for IWL, told me to go watch him in Anaheim. I was very curious so I decided to go. That was the first time I saw Joey Ryan. The show was good enough that kept my attention going & wanted to see more. I have a respect for wrestling, so when I see a couple of guys working their butts off to give me a good show, I have great respect for them.

I went to a few more IWL shows, but was more interested to see if there were any more indy shows in South Cali. Im from Chino, so I kept it really local. I tried to find out more info about AWS & the indy show thats held in West Covina. However, I didnt go to those shows because of the unknown names & it really didnt catch my attention.

I then remember going to another forum that advertise threemendous 2 last year. When I read that Bryan Danielson & MCMG were going to be there, I went crazy. I didnt think that people that I usually see on tv will actually come to South Cali... I went to Threemendous 2... and it blew me away!!! Every Card was a 5 star match in my eyes. I lost my voice for a couple days. Since that day, I have yet to miss a show. If I have to go alone, or w/ my girlfriend, you will always see me in the front row w/ my pitcher of beer!
The Franchise13

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum