Got front row tickets to day 2 of BOLA, first PWG show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Got front row tickets to day 2 of BOLA, first PWG show

Postby jonny craig » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 pm

I have followed PWG off and on for awhile now on the boards and pwi, and have seen a couple matches(the one that sticks in my mind was a phenomenal six-man tag match of Cima & MCMG vs The Young Bucks & Brian Kendrick). I was going to go to the last event, but living in san diego made it really hard to find someone to go with me on a days notice. So when I found out the battle of los angeles was the same month as my birthday, I decided I wanted to make a celebration out of it. Mi loving madre got me two front row tickets to day 2 and I get the opportunity to show my best friend who gave up on wrestling around 2003 that its better than ever. I have a couple questions though. Since I pre ordered do I just show up at will call before the bell or do I have to get there early? If danielson is there can I throw ties in the ring? I was thinking about getting a shirt or dvd, how much will that run me? How long is an average show? Are there any good dispensaries near by? Your answers are greatly appreciated and I look forward to watching some quality wrestling with you guys.
jonny craig

Re: Got front row tickets to day 2 of BOLA, first PWG show

Postby CMPG » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:59 pm

By no means, am I an expert about PWG shows as I only have been to one (Seven) but I think I can help you.

If you preordered tickets, you will get in no matter what, however coming early will give you a better choice of where you want to sit. People started lining up to Seven before 2pm for 8pm bell time (before we got kicked out and told we couldn't line up before 4.) But getting there early is not bad cause you get to meet a lot of cool people and get to talk wrestling.

If Danielson is there, you can throw ties in a ring but not sure if that is going to happen again because it already happened at Seven.

I believe I saw shirts and DVDs running about $15-$20. I might be wrong, but I think they were also having a DVD sale with 3 DVDs for $40.

Seven's bell time was 8pm, however the event didn't start till about 9pm and lasted till about 12:30am.

Not sure about dispensaries but if you care to share, Ill be the one wearing the NAPA Racing hat. :)

Hope that helps you plan your trip to Reseda and Happy Early Birthday.
CMPG

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:03 pm

CMPG listed off some good advice.

Other things I recommend:

- They do security and bag check. Empty your pockets as it's about to get to your turn so security will have an easier time patting you down. If you bring a bag, like I do, have every opened for them to see before its your turn so the process will go through smoothly.

- While food and drinks at the post are not ridiculously expensive, they will put you back. I recommend eating and drinking before you enter the venue, either before your arrive or while you're in line.

- Hero and most other guys will be hanging out at the merchandise table before, during, and after the show. They're usually really cool with autographs and pictures. But bring extra money in case they do charge for that.
Lord Akiyama

Postby jonny craig » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it
jonny craig

Postby fatallylost » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Also, gum, sharpies, and lighters will get tossed (if they see them) so don't bother. There's usually someone with a sharpie at the merch table for autographs (although I've never gotten any, I'm a pic guy)

Pics Are easy, unless you want just someone specific. Hero, Danielson, and Excalibur can be the easiest. I've never seen Nick or Matt Jackson afterwards, so no pics with them yet. Generico tends to hang out by the merch table on occasion.

Other than that, being front row, just watch your ass. Bodies will be flying.
fatallylost

Postby 213nelson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

jonny craig wrote:Are there any good dispensaries near by?

Not sure which ones were closed two months ago, when they starting shutting down a lot in LA county, but Reseda Blvd. was loaded with your choice of dispensary. Like i said, not sure which ones closed, but I'm sure you will find a few still operating if you just drive up or down on Reseda.
213nelson

Postby jonny craig » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 am

yea, I noticed in pictures there is no guard rail so that will be really cool to be that close to the action. I think the last show I attended was when I was around 12 at the sports arena(nosebleed seats) when foley started the union to take on vince. I hope my chair gets used as a weapon haha
jonny craig

Postby CMPG » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:53 am

As fatally stated, watch your ass because bodies will be flying. I got nailed the first match of Seven because I didn't think they would land on me. Boy, I was wrong. If there is a wrestler within 8 feet of you, be prepared to jump straight out of your chair and run for cover.
CMPG

Postby truckermudflaps » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

jonny craig wrote:Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it

oh,dont forget, the CVS across the street is good for snacks and what not during the break and before the show. also, the best parking is across the legion hall, at the post office as they don't tow after they close. and if for some reason you dont find a dispensery, im sure youll find people in the lot willing to help out.i tend to be one who shares, so just follow the cloud and youll find me. be prepared to become hooked on PWG. its like a tattoo, once you get one, you want more and are hooked for life.
have fun johnygraig, and keep alert as the poster before mentioned, bodies will fly.fast,and often :)
truckermudflaps

Postby dirtydutch » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 am

I live about 10 minutes from the show and there are about 3 dispensaries heading east on Sherman Way at Sepulveda each about a block from each other (the main street right off Canby) I can't attest to their quality as the only I ever go to is in Sun Valley but when i go walking I always see people hopping in and out of 2 of them. as far them closing down dispensaries I haven't seen it yet I know they were supposed to start but I haven't seen any shut their doors.

and yes like others have said prepared to be hooked, my first live PWG event was Seven and now I got the bug
dirtydutch

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Hope you enjoy the show bro
Souf Centrol

Postby jonny craig » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:24 am

Im sooo stoked for this!!! Ive just started watching some videos of Joey Ryan and im really diggin his work. Im leaving SD at around 1 I think and im hitting up a dispensary in hollywood on the way called eden therapy. Weedmaps said they had 8ths starting at 3 bucks(not sure about the quality), so if any of you guys wanna blaze up some blunts look for me...ill be wearing one of those shirts that looks like it has the jack daniels label on it but with weed instead(think it says homegrown on it). I hope you all make it there safely and have as good a time as I plan on having
jonny craig

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum