BLOOD IN PWG SHOWS- Your Thoughts?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

BLOOD IN PWG SHOWS- Your Thoughts?

Postby bat4life » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Hello everyone! I don't usually post on here but I do come and read the forums almost everyday. I was at BOLA 2010 both nights front row I enjoyed every match up until the end of Joey vs Hero Finaly. During the match they were wrestling by the crowd close to the mens bathroom and Joey decided to blade, blood got everywhere on that side and it even got all over some ladies clothes and shoulder. I was actually shocked that they decided to do this, i've been coming to PWG shows since I first saw them at WR4 back in Jan of this year. I never saw the need for them to do this since they have such great talent and put on great shows every time. But the bllod really disturbed me along with other fans that were there. The crowd went silent once they saw Joey bleeding, some like me were in shock that he decided to blade. My concern here is health issues. There are such things as blood born pathrogens, hepatitis, HIV and the likes so to see a woman with blood spray on her shirt and shoulder is not only disgusting but it is also hazardous. Look, I love PWG and will continue to support them but lets be real here people we don't know the health issue of these wrestlers. Are they screened for such diseases that can be spread through the blood they've now shed on the people in the crowd? Now the wrestling on TV can do this because they have barriers to keep fans away but with PWG, we become part of the show half the time. I just worry that if some ass hole comes to this show, they decide to blade again, blood gets on such said asshole, then PWG can be shut down for a while, it just takes one person and the whole fun is over. PWG, your talent is great, don't cheapen it by having to spray blood on your audience.
bat4life

Re: BLOOD IN PWG SHOWS- Your Thoughts?

Postby luca brasi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Hmmmm
I was going to jump right on here and defend blood at PWG because I think they place it and use it well (there's been maybe a couple times where I felt the match would have been *that* much better if there had been color), BUT after reading your argument I agree you bring up good points, and this needs to be thought about by EVERY indy wrestling promoter
luca brasi

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:44 pm

To be fair, I really doubt it was Joey's intention to bleed on fans.

Also if that disturbed you don't watch Cape Fear vs. Roddy/Davey from Guitarmegeddon II. <_<
Whoblehwah

Postby PWGLove » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:01 pm

I was one of those ladies and I think it was just bad timing and we couldn't get out of the way fast enough. I agree they should probably put some more thought into it ....wasn't thrilled to lose my sweatshirt but It could have gone worse. First thing we talked about was, where was the blood thank f-ing goodness it want on my face or hands.From my angle Joey used the blade then Chris Hero hit him with a forearm and it just splattered everywhere, dont think they thought they would cover us(then again don't think they really care. We were trying to give them more space but couldn,t get out of the way....just too many people to push back.Would have loved the show just the same with out it, but shit happens.Like I said wasn't thrilled but love both J.Ryan and C. Hero and the show so all is forgiven ......this time :P
PWGLove

Postby Sillentassasin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am

Joey's blood bascially fell on my hand..... and also on my jeans... i guess i agree with the HIV blah blah argument... but SERIOUSLY? JOEY HAS AIDS?!?!

dude these guys are pros and i dont think they'd do such a thing that it would endanger the fans .... i think that when joey bladed he didn't expect it to splatter all over... but if you get front row seats you know the risks..

CAUSE WE ALL KNOW JOEY RYAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS FANS!
Sillentassasin

Postby Evilguest » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:59 am

I have never been a fan of blood in wrestling
Evilguest

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:35 am

I've been attendin PWG shows for over a year now and I've been.sitting in the front row for the last 10 months. On my first show sittingin the front row, Mercury was thrown over the rope ropes and his leg accidently hit my arm... hard. It left me bruised up for about 2 weeks. Should I have complained? No. When i put myself in the front row of an indy wrestling show with out barricades, i know the consequences of what could happen. If we "ban" blood or even "control" it, than we might aswell control when wrestlers fight in the outside because a fan could get hurt. But that's how it is. I think, just for the safe side, PWG should put some type of disclaimer on the ticket or at the door of the american legion that when you come to a PWG show, you come at your own risk. Especially if your in the front row.
The Franchise13

Postby bat4life » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am

The Franchise13 wrote:I've been attendin PWG shows for over a year now and I've been.sitting in the front row for the last 10 months. On my first show sittingin the front row, Mercury was thrown over the rope ropes and his leg accidently hit my arm... hard. It left me bruised up for about 2 weeks. Should I have complained? No. When i put myself in the front row of an indy wrestling show with out barricades, i know the consequences of what could happen. If we "ban" blood or even "control" it, than we might aswell control when wrestlers fight in the outside because a fan could get hurt. But that's how it is. I think, just for the safe side, PWG should put some type of disclaimer on the ticket or at the door of the american legion that when you come to a PWG show, you come at your own risk. Especially if your in the front row.

I totally agree with you on the disclaimer part! I think there should be a warning on the ticket or at the ticket desk that you sit in the front at your own risk. It just takes one person who could complain and sue and that would be the end of it. And for fans, that would suck!
bat4life

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

bat4life wrote:I totally agree with you on the disclaimer part! I think there should be a warning on the ticket or at the ticket desk that you sit in the front at your own risk

If you have seen or been to 1 PWG show, you know the front row is dangerous. Is a warning really needed?

In regards to the blood, I thought it might have been done to try to get Joey back over as a face in that match since the crowd had turned. But it is so rare in PWG that I don't really mind it in general, and you are probably in more risk of communicable diseases from the filthy wrestling fans than you are from Joey's blood.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby fatallylost » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:23 am

While I get the argument, do you really think any wrestler would blade/bleed on purpose if he had any idea he had a blood born disease? Are you serious bro? No one is that stupid.
fatallylost

Postby THEDARKCOUNTRY » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:54 pm

I swear Joey did NOT blade. It was a fake blood pellet
THEDARKCOUNTRY

Postby Sillentassasin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:13 pm

THEDARKCOUNTRY wrote:I swear Joey did NOT blade. It was a fake blood pellet
Sillentassasin

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Blood is part of wrestling. Even in the old days way before "hardcore" wrestling wrestlers always bladed, to give a match more realistic feel. Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes were literally covered with blood, you guys are lame to even complain about that shit. You wanna take fun out of everything don't you?

You don't like danger stay home, let us enjoy that shit. Wrestling is extreme sport, so extreme situations will occur. Yes the venue is small but thats the fun part. No guard rails, seating right next to the ring is what makes PWG what it is. The whole Indy PWG experience is freeking awesome, you never know if a suicide dive is coming your way or not. Numerous times I had wrestlers slam into me, I thought it was great, If some of you are scared, just don't seat close to the ring, buy general admission ticket and seat toward the back, that way you will know nothing will happen to you, don't take the fun away from those of us that enjoy a little danger.
krayzie Bone

Postby luca brasi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Love the discussion. Glad more people are defending the bloodletting on this board. Thanks because I am fan of blood if it is well placed, not blood just for the sake of blood (XPW, ECW, etc)
but... FAKE BLOOD CAPSULES?? Are you kidding me??? I don't know if you're just clowning or not... but when guys blade, the cuts are very small and tend to stop bleeding fairly quick. Watch just about any match where the wrestling continued more than 10 minutes after the gig job.... the bleeding has stopped, and most of the blood from the face has wiped away with sweat.
The blood was real man. I wont be arrogant to say it has never happened, but I personally can NOT name ANY INSTANCE where fake blood was used in wrestling. If someone has stories of fake blood, let's move the discussion to the General forum because I for one would love to hear them.
Ryan's BOLA blood was from a blade, I was real close, saw the motions while Hero had him in a front face lock. He actually started dropping blood on Hero's arm and the floor BEFORE his head even got rammed into the post for the "wide open bust"
luca brasi

Postby luca brasi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:50 pm

I have heard many stories of wrestlers drinking lots of wine and popping handfuls of aspirin to make their blood thin to promote heavir juicing. As a result, I think, the blood looks brighter.
luca brasi

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum