What was the last fight of AJ Styles in PWG?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby guerrilla_fan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:28 pm

That such a fan of PWG

I would like a clarification that I have little doubt a fight that was not long ago, because I have understood that the PWG's debut show, the main event was played between Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles.
So my question is this.

Thank you very much to clarify this question because I was stunned by the news of Davey Richards.
guerrilla_fan

Re: What was the last fight of AJ Styles in PWG?

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

AJ's last PWG match was against Rocky Romero at "All Star Weekend 4: Night 2" in November of 2006.
TigerDriver98

Postby luca brasi » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 pm

debut show: Joe was actually injured (he appeared w/arm in sling); main event was changed to AJ vs. Kazarian. AJ won w/ Styles Clash iiirc
luca brasi

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm

It's hard to believe AJ Styles has been gone from PWG that long. Since then he has been in a group led by Kurt Angle, a group led by Christian, was deamed Prince AJ, led a subpar Frontline faction, almost quit wrestling in the land of Universal Studios, was basically handed a world title win by Sting, become the Legends/Global/TV champ and now submerged in a mean nothing faction feud.
Garden State Saint

Postby talley_1986 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am

I'm not a huge AJ fan in the indies, but he was fantastic during All Star Weekend 4. His match against PAC from Night 1 is probably my favorite PWG match from 2006 while the Romero one was really good as well.
talley_1986

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:25 pm

talley_1986 wrote:I'm not a huge AJ fan in the indies, but he was fantastic during All Star Weekend 4. His match against PAC from Night 1 is probably my favorite PWG match from 2006 while the Romero one was really good as well.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! AJ basically squashed PAC in that match. It was basically AJ controlling most of it with PAC getting in a FEW spots and even then he still got a standing ovation. As for AJ himself, his early work in 03-05 was good but after that he seemed to go back a little. His matches didn't click as much and I found myself getting bored during his matches. His match with Rocky was pretty good but you could see his spots coming before he even went into them. It's not a knock on the guy but at the time you could see what he was setting up for before he even did it
WrestlingFanMatt

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum