Davey Richards Staying?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Davey Richards Staying?

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Tonight, Davey announced at the ROH show that he resigned with them, thus, not retiring. I wonder what changed his mind, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him hold the PWG title for a while now.
jacob_burman

Re: Davey Richards Staying?

Postby bford24 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 pm

I am not that surprised. At age 27 I know he can still wrestle for another 2 years at least and still become a firefighter at 29 or 30. Maybe he will be like Lost and retire at age 30.
bford24

Postby b2u » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm

I think now I'm okay with his recent departures from PWG shows as champ. Now I hope he'll carry the title well past the one year mark and maybe even challenge Hero's record.
b2u

Postby jacob_burman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:25 pm

bford24 wrote:I am not that surprised. At age 27 I know he can still wrestle for another 2 years at least and still become a firefighter at 29 or 30. Maybe he will be like Lost and retire at age 30.

That is very possible. Seems like talking to his mom, she told him to keep wrestling. And now that Strong is ROH Champ, Richards should have a really nice run with the title, though I was really hoping Ryan was getting the title at the next show.

Would be pretty sick of Richards and Strong hold their title until the big LA show and have a match to see who the better champion is. They are both contender's to each other's titles, though it is doubtful both companies would do something like that.
jacob_burman

Postby El Asian » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 pm

as much as I love that Davey isn't retiring, there's one part of me that is actually would prefer he did retire, mostly due to his resemblance to Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid, I do have this fear that Davey would end up Benoit or DK
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:03 am

Dude, thats a bit of a stretch.

I'm happy Richards is sticking with wrestling. Gives PWG some more time to play with the buildup of the Joey Ryan match.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:06 am

2 years more would be fair. He could even do like Bonham and just work PWG. That'd be ok with me.

But if he stays in ROH they need a Strong vs. Davey feud.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby PWGLove » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:03 am

El Asian wrote:as much as I love that Davey isn't retiring, there's one part of me that is actually would prefer he did retire, mostly due to his resemblance to Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid, I do have this fear that Davey would end up Benoit or DK

Shit looking like and being like are two totally different things, give Davey some fucking credit for being his own man ....not the reincarnation of some other damn wrestler. I can find a resemblence between a lot of the current PWG wrestlers and wrestlers from back in the day, it doesn't mean shit. Hell yeah Davey excited to see you continue for a while.
Thanks for the idea for a new thread ....current wrestlers that remind you of old school wrestlers.
PWGLove

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

PWGLove wrote:
El Asian wrote:as much as I love that Davey isn't retiring, there's one part of me that is actually would prefer he did retire, mostly due to his resemblance to Chris Benoit and Dynamite Kid, I do have this fear that Davey would end up Benoit or DK

Shit looking like and being like are two totally different things, give Davey some fucking credit for being his own man ....not the reincarnation of some other damn wrestler. I can find a resemblence between a lot of the current PWG wrestlers and wrestlers from back in the day, it doesn't mean shit. Hell yeah Davey excited to see you continue for a while.
Thanks for the idea for a new thread ....current wrestlers that remind you of old school wrestlers.

its pretty rational fear really, not just the fact Davey does resemble Benoit and especially DK including tights and hair style but also the frequent use of headbutts as well
El Asian

Postby RobGrayson » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Well it looks like Davey isn't staying after all ...
RobGrayson

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 pm

I suppose it will be awhile before he gets his rematch for the belt.
Garden State Saint

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Why are we trying to say that Davey is gonna turn into Benoit or Dynamite? The guy is not taking a large number of risks like they did and seems to be in the right frame of mind as far as making decision. Granted it does suck that he dropped the belt and i've been a fan of Davey since I saw his debut match at ASW1 in 2005 but there is no way you can compare him to guys like Benoit and Dynamite. Davey WAS gonna retire after this year and like he said he's got other things outside of wrestling that he can do if he decides to retire one day but saying he'll turn out like those guys is just not fair.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby PWGLove » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:27 am

El Asian wrote:
PWGLove wrote:

its pretty rational fear really, not just the fact Davey does resemble Benoit and especially DK including tights and hair style but also the frequent use of headbutts as well

Give me a break "rational" he looks similar, and has tights like him ....better put the straight jacket on him now! You have generalized a mans life because he shares a similar wrestling style.......very smart.
PWGLove

Postby PWGLove » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:31 am

Ive heard heard he has gotten a shot in Japan and is kinda the man right now over there. I dont know much about that anyone hear anything? If it is true it would make sense that he doesnt retire from ROH and PWG just takes some time off to see what happens in Japan.
PWGLove

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum