The Curse of Guerrilla Island Live Results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The Curse of Guerrilla Island Live Results

Postby The Franchise13 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:53 am

Closer look at Last night Matches:

Brian Cage vs Johnny Yuma
When Cage came out to the ring, he was followed by Ryan Taylor & Chuck Taylor. Chucky announced that the Taylor Boy's are going to take charge of PWG. Chucky & Ryan went to the back. Brian "Cage" Taylor won a clean fight over Yuma. Cage finisher looks sick. Chucky & Ryan came back to the ring and started beating Yuma because "he almost embarrassed one of the Taylor boys." Goodtime & Romero came to the save which will lead to some future matches between the six.

Candice LeRae vs "Pretty" Peter Avalon
Nothing special about this match. LaRae came out to the ring w/ the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme song which got a nice pop. Some fans starting rapping, "Go ninja, Go ninja, GO" from Vanilla Ice.... Hilarious. Candice won which left Avalon throwing a tantrum in the middle of the ring.

Rocky Romero vs Ryan Taylor
Nice pop for Ryan Taylor. Hopefully he will get a bigger push w/ the Taylor Boys. Back an forward match up w/ Romero getting the clean win. Chucky or Cage did not show up for this fight.

The Briscoes vs The Cutlers
Great match. Both teams got a huge pop & support from the fans. "Skinny Cutler" was doing a lot of push ups which pissed off the Briscoes. Somebody counted up to 60... Briscoes won & showed some respect by letting us know that the Cutlers are the real deal. It looks like we are going to have "The Peligro Abejas" vs The Briscoes in the near future.

Johnny Goodtime vs Chuck Taylor
Another good solid match. Chucky came out alone. Match went back & forward. Finished came when Cage & Ryan Taylor came out & interfered in the match. Ryan Taylor distracted the referee while Cage took care of Goodtime. The Taylor Boy's left their mark that night. Winning 2 out of 3 matches. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chucky & Ryan Taylor vs RockNES in the next show.

El Generico vs Ricochet.
Match of the night. Generico did look heelish... especially since he was wearing all black. Maybe he is getting himself mentally prepared for his December match vs Steen... The crowd was hot for this match. The chants changed from "Ole Ole" to "Oche Oche" for Ricochet. Ricochet was having a blast in the beginning doing a little dance & doing the superman walk in front of Generico. That stopped when Generico took him to the corner and chopped that life out of him. Ricochet stated "that was not necessary." Generico did get the empty pitcher of beer (because Souf Centrol told him to) and was about to hit Ricochet with the pitcher while Souf Centrol was distracting the referee. In the end, Generico came to his senses & didnt use the pitcher, which probably cost him the match. Ricochet won by doing a Somersault to jumping into Generico's shoulders & doing an inverted hurricarana. To hard to discribe it... but it was sick. Standing ovation for both men. Generico raised Ricochet's hand in the end. Ricochet got a "please come back" chant.

Joey Ryan vs Brandon Gatson vs Chris Hero vs Claudio Castagnoli
Joey Ryan came out first to a mixed reaction. Alot of boos for a man who did nothing but win his matches... harsh. Gatson came out next to a chant of "next world champ." Claudio was next... his huge. Hero came out last to another mixed reaction. I thought the match was great. When they were announcing Joey's name, Claudio threw his shirt at him. Showing some heat. Right when the match started Claudio went after Joey, throwing him to the outside & then diving over the top ropes at Joey. Huge Pop. Hero did a sommersault over the top rope. Huge Pop. Hero has plenty of talent weather you like him or not. Claudio & Gatson took a nasty fall from the top rope to the floor. I was next to it when it happened, and I thought they hurt themselves. It was sick. They landed on a chair & it looked like Gatson was completely out. For what it appeared, Hero got accidently kicked in the face by Joey Ryan which gave him a nasty cut on the bottom of his left eye. Finish came when Claudio threw Joey in the air and hit him w/ a European Uppercut in mid air. Claudio pinned Joey. Hero was shocked. I was standing next to him, and the look on his bloody face.... priceless. Hero came in, took the belt away from Claudio only to strap around his waist. Joey than came in & it looked like him & Claudio were going to shake hands but Joey slapped Claudio & ran to the back. Claudio received a "please come back" & "we need a champ" chants.

Great night. Alot of new feuds are going to start based on what happened.
The Franchise13

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 am

Ebessan wrote:What exactly happened with Chuck, Cage & Ryan Taylor? Did they form a new stable?

Looks like it.
They interfered as a group twice (during Cage and Chuckie's match)...
If I remember correctly, nobody came to help Ryan Taylor when he wrestled Rocky Romero.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Meltman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 am

Great review, really looking forward to some Taylor Boys and RockNES tags in the future. PWG needed this for their tag division.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 am

sourdoughjack wrote:All the people around him were encouraging him, so that was why he kept doing it. His own section got a kick out of it. Also, isn't it just like having a sign?

Kind of. Like having a sign at a tiny hall with 200 people. Which would be weird. But that attempt to be clever was too cute by half.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Nice to hear about the Taylor Boys stable and the possibility of RockNES Monsters in PWG.
Whoblehwah

Postby ASSQUATCH » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Is there a particular reason why Tozawa wasn't booked on this show?
ASSQUATCH

Postby Meltman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, krayzie bone sent the bookers an email about him.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm thrilled Claudio won the PWG strap. I understand there was zero build to it but PWG is bound to get great stuff from him if he is committed to PWG for the next bunch of dates.
Garden State Saint

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:02 pm

I posted my review in the other thread but I'll put it here too

Last night was a lot of fun, I'm glad I got to come back after so long. Made is so sweet.

The opening Joey Ryan Promo: That was great, the iPhone promo app was fucking great. That had to be a fun promo to watch.

Cage vs Yuma: Fun match, loved the Taylor boys coming in and raising hell. I had a ball with this especially watching Cage with his Wolverine chops all he needed was to scream out bub. lol Fun match

Candace vs Avalon: This match was funny, I loved the "GO NINJA GO chants" and The TMNT opening. That match was fun as well.

Ryan Taylor vs Rocky Romero: This was a good match, had a few hits n misses but still fun.

Cutlers vs Briscoes: This match was wikkid too, the beginning took a bit to build up but had it's moments with the sit ups and push ups segment After that they turned up the heat and started kicking ass. I loved it, the match was great, hope to see more of both teams going at it.

Chuck Taylor vs Johnny Goodtime: That was a kick ass match, some real hard bumps and funny moments. The "Catch me Bitch" as Chuck went to dive on Good time. And the Awful waffle from our angle looked fucking brutal. it was a great match, even when the Taylor Boys came out to help.

Ricochet vs Generico: I loved this match, the "Ochet" vs the "Ole" chants were funny. I loved the fact that they played it as Generico was studying new ground and was getting frustrated rather then his usual bouncy self. He turned it up a bit and that was fun to watch. Had some really hard moments in it. Definitely would love to see a rematch of this.

Claudio vs Joey vs Hero vs Gatson: This match was way shorter then I had anticipated. I thought for a four way dance it would have gone longer. The match was nuts though, Ryan even super kicked hero and cut him open. The match was all over the place. Claudio is a beast!!! He deadlifted Joey and threw him out, deadlifted Gatson and took him out then Deadlifted Hero off a pin into an anchored German Suplex!!! Holy hell!!! I wish this match would have been longer though. Seemed way to short for me.

All in all this event was fun, even though it only lasted a few hours. Still can't believe it was done by 10:48pm. But I had fun, got lit, drank some delicious beer and screamed like a madman. Lizzie Valentine was in attendance again. She should pop in for a show sometime. I'd love to see her in person in the ring again.

Some personal highlights:
Bought my DVD Seven.
Dude with the iPad was funny, especially after I said "You went from markers and poster board to an iPad"
Got trapped when Claudio landed on us
laughed at avalon passing me in mid air as he tried to hold to me on while falling as I darted and he missed.
Drank beer like a champion
And loved starting the "We Want AC" chant and getting it 5 minutes later lol

Can't wait until the next one.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 pm

The roster got updated, and I see...The Fightin' Taylor Boys. Fucking awesome name, this group has much potential.
Meltman

Postby gabriel_the_photog » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 am

Hello to everyone on the board. I found out about this show on one of the online sites, and I happen to live in Woodland Hills (right down the street from Reseda), so I decided to check this show out. First off, let me say that I've never enjoyed going to live matches...the last one I attended was when Goldberg beat Hogan in Atlanta...back in the day. Not having the multiple camera angles and announcers drive the show seemed odd to me.

Saturday's show changed my opinion on all of that. This show was f##*kin' AMAZING. I can't say enough about the action and athleticism of the wrestlers involved. I'm an indy convert now and will be going out to support these guys as much as I can....because it's truly a labor of love. I also have to give a shout out to the nice trio who gave me their front row seat...hope to see you guys again at the next show!
gabriel_the_photog

Postby eldink » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 am

gabriel_the_photog wrote:Hello to everyone on the board. I found out about this show on one of the online sites, and I happen to live in Woodland Hills (right down the street from Reseda), so I decided to check this show out. First off, let me say that I've never enjoyed going to live matches...the last one I attended was when Goldberg beat Hogan in Atlanta...back in the day. Not having the multiple camera angles and announcers drive the show seemed odd to me.

Saturday's show changed my opinion on all of that. This show was f##*kin' AMAZING. I can't say enough about the action and athleticism of the wrestlers involved. I'm an indy convert now and will be going out to support these guys as much as I can....because it's truly a labor of love. I also have to give a shout out to the nice trio who gave me their front row seat...hope to see you guys again at the next show!

i am sure you will my friend
eldink

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum