Press Release via High-Def Digest
At long last, Marty and Doc will finally take their DeLorean to the high-definition future this October!
Universal Studios has just officially announced Robert Zemeckis' classic sci-fi adventure 'Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy' starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd for Blu-ray on October 26.
Now, for the first time ever, the past, present and future collide in eye-popping high definition for a time-traveling celebration featuring new 25th Anniversary restorations for perfect picture and the purest digital sound. More than two hours of all new bonus features have been added, including an all-new, six-part retrospective documentary featuring never-before-seen interviews with the cast, crew and filmmakers, including Michael J. Fox, for the definitive Back to the Future experience.
The 3-disc Blu-ray set will present all three films in 1080p video, with a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will include:
- Q&A commentaries with director Robert Zemeckis and producer Bob Gale
- Feature commentaries with producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton
- Tales from the Future: new six-part retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, plus Executive Producer Steven Spielberg
- In the Beginning...: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production
- Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film press
- Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy
- Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more
- Third Time's the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown's love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy
- The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film's cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on
- The Physics of Back to the Future: A discussion with celebrity best-selling author and physicist Dr. Michio Kaku about the overall appreciation of the science in the Back to the Future Trilogy
- Nuclear test site ending storyboard sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film
- Sixteen deleted scenes
- Michael J. Fox Q&A
- Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three: Original 2002 DVD documentary that takes a look back in time
- The Making of Back to the Future Part I, II & III: Provides a vintage and historic first look at the making of all three films
- The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy: a televised special hosted by Kirk Cameron addressing fans unanswered Back to the Future questions
- Behind-the-scenes: (Outtakes, Original makeup tests, Production design, Storyboarding, Designing the DeLorean, Designing time travel, Hoverboard test, Designing Hill Valley, Designing the campaign)
- Back to the Future: The Ride
- Music Videos: Huey Lewis and the News "Power of Love" and ZZ Top "DoubleBack"
- Photo galleries, including production art, additional storyboards, photographs, marketing materials and character portraits
- Theatrical trailers
Blu-ray exclusives include:
- U-Control: Setups & Payoffs: As you watch each of the three films, each "set up" showcases items in the scene that prepare you for a future plot point. When you get to that moment in the film, the "payoff" is shown to complete the correlation
- U-Control: Storyboard Comparison: Compare key scenes in the movie with the original storyboards
- U-Control: Trivia Track: Get inside trivia and facts while you watch the movies
- Archival Featurette Back to the Future Night: Hosted by Leslie Nielson, this original 30-minute special aired on NBC prior to the first television screening of the Back to the Future
- My Scenes
- pocket BLU