Most Underrated Wrestler in PWG

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Most Underrated Wrestler in PWG

Postby El Asian » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

while I can understand where you are coming from with that, I don't exactly agree that PWG "doesn't need" the ROH guys or any other fly in talent and just rely on local talent because if PWG just relied on just local talent, it would just make PWG just another local indy fed in SoCal then and PWG has risen above that maybe since it started as well plus if I wanted to go to a show with just mostly local guys in SoCal, I would've gone to Mach 1 instead
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 pm

From what I heard, and again this is just what I heard, all PWG local talent works a lot harder in PWG then in any other places, so if that's true it means that we still gonna be getting the best wrestling show in California even with all local guys. That's just because PWG sets the bar a lot higher and expects the best from these guys, unlike other promotions who are just settling for the same old 80's wrestling.

But you right some fly in's are very good, I just don't want them to be all from ROH.
krayzie Bone

Postby Starshine » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:49 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Also just having 7 matches on each show is not enough, I understand if they ran once a week, then yeah 7 matches makes sense but PWG runs once a month or less, so I think there should be at least 9 matches.

I disagree. I prefer a stance of quality over quantity.

Considering how good the quality of matches has been over the past two years or so, I think it would be unwise to change it up and start running more matches again like they were in 2006.
Starshine

Postby Filthy Fan626 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Yes PWG should develop more local talent and I agree put a belt on someone home grown. Also just having 7 matches on each show is not enough, I understand if they ran once a week, then yeah 7 matches makes sense but PWG runs once a month or less, so I think there should be at least 9 matches.

Claudio is a great champion and I hope he comes back to defend the belt again and again, at the same time I always said that we don't really need big ROH names, the local scene got great talent that is waiting for their opportunity to shine in PWG.

could not agree with you more, we need to split a pitcher next show
Filthy Fan626

Postby Filthy Fan626 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

I agree that pwg is the greatest wrestling promotion in the world. They could not do it without the big name dudes, but I mean come on now, if julio, which is a great talent, does not come back to defend the belt, where does that leave PWG? Von Eerie is also someone that is very under rated in my eyes. maybe just too booked up to make it?
Filthy Fan626

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

I would love to split a pitcher with you but God only knows when the next show gonna be. lol

To the dude who said 9 matches will somehow effect the quality of wrestling, my question is, how? Do you have that little faith in PWG? You don't think they can put on nine solid matches? Back in the day IWA featured 15 matches on a single card, all matches were awesome. Some of us drive from other states to see PWG, we don't want to leave after 2hrs.
krayzie Bone

Postby eldink » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I would love to split a pitcher with you but God only knows when the next show gonna be. lol

To the dude who said 9 matches will somehow effect the quality of wrestling, my question is, how? Do you have that little faith in PWG? You don't think they can put on nine solid matches? Back in the day IWA featured 15 matches on a single card, all matches were awesome. Some of us drive from other states to see PWG, we don't want to leave after 2hrs.

i would only change things that would make the promotion more profitable while keeping everyone reasonable satisfied..seems like you all want different things anyway
eldink

Postby El Asian » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:58 pm

oh God, here we go with another fucking comparison to IWA MS again :roll: seriously, PWG isn't booking guys like the Dixieland Destroyer, Ryan Phoenix Neil Diamond Cutter, Simon Sezz, or any other white trash wrestler from the South desperate for bookings because the name guys aren't available due to distrust with the promoter plus it usually depends on how long a PWG would go on for, it can either last until 8 minutes or even 50 minutes, so putting them lots of matches would make things drag plus one example JAPW books lots of matches that drag on way too much it seems and its better for any fed to cut down a show into maybe 7 or 8 matches
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:42 pm

Back in the day IWA didn't book Dixieland Destroyer, they booked guys like CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Ace Steel, Matt Sydal, Delirious, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Alex Shelley, Jimmy Jacobs, how many fucking big names do you want me to give you that all worked for IWA every week. You don't know a damn thing about IWA yet you run your mouth. Yes today IWA is fucking done, they aint shit today, I'm talking about 2001 to 2007 this is why I said "back the day"

Edink why are you so concerned about PWG profits? Are you part owner? As a fan you should be concerned about wrestling not their profits. Gotta love these internet fans, they all act like they are involved in the business :lol: Losers.

Yes I think seven matches is way too fucking short. If you run once a month it makes a show look really really small. Some of you live 10 minutes away from the venue and I understand you want the show to be over quickly so you can get back to playing your favorite video game and kill all those robots and creatures, so you don't give a fuck, well I drive many hours to the god damn venue, so I don't want to leave after 2 fucking hours of short matches.
krayzie Bone

Postby Starshine » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:06 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I would love to split a pitcher with you but God only knows when the next show gonna be. lol

No, I have faith in PWG. But I also believe the company has been at its strongest when they don't go trying to deliver a supershow size-wise every time out. To me a 7 match card tends to satisfy me more often than a card with more than 8.

IMO the company's best shows are those that aren't stacked to the gills with talent. They're the ones that focus on a fair balance between the local and national talent compacted into a card that allows each match enough time to flourish.
Starshine

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 am

PWG main events used to be awesome long matches sometimes going for like 40 plus minutes. Now days not only there are seven matches but they are short. At the last show the four way for PWG world title was way way too short, I expected at least 25 minutes out of that match, it ended in like 10 minutes I was like what the fuck :roll:
krayzie Bone

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum