January Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

January Show

Postby Meltman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:54 am

So what's everyone expecting from the Jan. show? How will the non-Battle Royal wrestlers be booked?

Confirmed for PWG are Hurricane, Essa Rios and Vampiro. Piper and Funk in the royal.

Here's what I'd like booked:

Singles Match
Hurricane Helms vs. Joey Ryan

If Helms dons the mask and costume, I see Joey as the perfect evil foil for a WWE-style match. A style Joey is familiar with.

If they don't book Claudio/Generico next month, then...

El Generico vs. Hurricane Helms OR Peligro Abejas vs. Hurricane/partner

Would be super fun.

Singles Match
Mr. Aguila (Essa Rios) vs. Chris Hero

I haven't seen Aguila since TNA in 2004 or 2005 but if he can still go this would be cool. Hero knows lucha and is great with small cruisers.

Not sure about Vampiro though...maybe a 4-way or tag or 6-man match? They can't expect him to do much, he wasn't even good in WCW.

What do you think?
Meltman

Re: January Show

Postby Meltman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:56 am

Also I expect Vampiro to mist somebody as Muta did last year. If only it could've been Tajiri.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 pm

I personally just hope Vampiro gets robbed in Mexico again and no shows the event instead

though I do like the idea of Mr. Aguila vs. Chris Hero, that seems like a perfect match to hold for Mr. Aguila

btw, what Mr. Aguila looks like nowadays for those that don't follow CMLL

El Asian

Postby r1wchamp » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Man, I was really hoping they could get Prince Devitt this year. Bummer Bummer.
I agree about the whole Vampiro thing. I would rather him just not show up somehow.
As for Helms, I'm not really his biggest fan either, kinda mediocre in my opinion. Helms vs. Joey might be good, or even vs. Brandon Gatson.
I honestly haven't seen Mr. Aguila in a while, since TNA. Haven't REALLY watched him since his Essa Rios days in WWF. I'm thinking either Hero or Bonham. Hopefully, he's just in some sort of 6 or 8 man tag.
Seems like last years guest wrestlers were far more "star-studded" than this year.
Hurricane Helms, Vampiro, and Mr. Aguila can't even compare to Muta, RVD, Super Crazy, and Jushin Liger.
Hopefully someone else is announced. COME ON DEVITT :)
r1wchamp

Postby Meltman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 am

Yeah, they're obviously keeping Devitt as the last surprise. Terry Funk, Piper, Fergal Devitt.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

Devitt would be great except apparently NJPW already has a show during the WrestleReunion weekend, so that rules out most NJPW guys to appear anyways and I'm still hoping for Karl Anderson and Giant Bernard team up in PWG one day

speaking of tag teams that should for PWG WrestleReunion, I hope PWG and WrestleReunion gets a way to have Haas and Benjamin wrestle for the PWG show, even if they are put in singles matches against other guys, I'd be fine with that as well
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Battle Royal is the match I'm looking forward to the least.
krayzie Bone

Postby b2u » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Kurt RussellReunion II
Legends Battle Royal
PWG World Title: Claudio Castagnoli(c) vs. El Generico
Special Challenge Match: Paul London vs. Davey Richards
Special Challenge Match: Chris Hero vs. Essa Rios
Special Challenge Match: Joey Ryan vs. Hurricane Helms
4 Team Elimination:
The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Generation Me vs. The Cutler Brothers vs. The RockNES Monsters
Six Man Tag Match: The Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero and Brandon Gatson
b2u

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I honestly don't want to see El Generico vs Claudio. This match happened like 100 times in the Indies. Joey Ryan is a number one contender and he should get a title shot.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:12 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I honestly don't want to see El Generico vs Claudio. This match happened like 100 times in the Indies. Joey Ryan is a number one contender and he should get a title shot.

I think they should do a three way, and have Cladio pin Generico. Then Joey could say he was screwed multiple times on getting his shot and demand another one, leading to the inevitable payoff of him winning the title. Because we all know that is where this is going.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Matt Flash » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:45 am

Fucking Hurricane. I wish I could be a prepubescent looking man-boy getting in one-way girl fights with HBK on Twitter and still get booked for doing absolutely nothing good in.... fuck, ever. I have honestly never liked that guy, in-ring included. Vampiro is balls, too. Essa Rios will probably fit in just fine, though. I'd say throw him in a big floppy tag match, but that won't happen. Maybe a match vs. Taylor? Or Taylor? Or Cage-Taylor? Or Rocky Romero. Any of those would be fun.

Generico vs. Claudio seemed to be set when they said they'd be facing off next month.

Put Joey over Hurricane and just be done with it (Though I wouldn't doubt them doing Helms vs. London)

Davey vs. London. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up like he did with Strong at BOLA.

Strong vs. Hero. It's been done a lot but for me, it never gets old.

Essa Rios vs. Chuck Taylor would be a super fun lucha match.

Them Fightin' Taylor Boys vs. Them Fightin' Briscoes. This is like a gimme.

Vampiro vs. Rocky Romero. I wanna see Vampiro get destroyed by kicks, knees and armbars.

The Cutlers and Willie Mack vs. RockNES Monsters and Peter Avalon. Mack with the CUTlers would be hilarious, and Avalon being gross and creepy with Goodtime and Yuma would be funny. The spots, of course, would make the crowd into the show as a whole.

It'll look nothing like this, I'm sure, but whatever.
Matt Flash

Postby kikrusher99 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 am

Hurricane couldn't be more of a disappointment. I hope they book Malachi Jackson vs Helms as Malachi needs a win, and a booking.Tozawa vs Rios could be a great match, and I would book Vampiro vs Necro Butcher in a Necro Butcher rules match.
kikrusher99

Postby The Franchise13 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Im pretty sure ROH told PWG not to have Joey Ryan in the main event. It would look bad for Joey to be the main event when he is only an opener for ROH.... so because of that:

PWG Ttile
Claudio vs Generico

Legends Battle Royal

Joey Ryan vs Paul London
Chris Hero vs Essa Rios
Generation Me vs The Briscoes Brothers vs The Cutler Boys (#1 contender to tag title)
Chuck Taylor vs The Hurricane (grenade vs super hero)
Vampiro vs Rocky Romero (or Brandon Gatson)
RockNes vs The Taylor Boys

This line up will make sense to me
The Franchise13

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:23 pm

So TJ Perkins announced he was going to be at the ROH show, any word that he might come back home to PWG for one night only???? It would be good to see him again!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby jdw » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Claudio-Generico seems to be what was booked at the last card, and seems a bit smarter if they're drawing a mixed ROH-PWG crowd. Save Claudio-Joey (or Generico-Joey) for Reseda. Joey is working a storyline with "his" fans, and where ever it's headed, it's liklely to pay off better with the home fans rather than to a group of converantion fans.

I hope El Hijo del Generico is wrong, but suspect he's right. Joey with the belt... yeah, not looking forward to that.
jdw

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:23 pm

I think Joey with a belt is a great idea. His new Hollywood gimmick is awesome, plus he no longer does comedy so the wrestling matches will be good.
krayzie Bone

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:02 am

I'd have Hurricane face Brian Cage... before Cage was fired from the WWE, they were planning on calling him up to feud with the Hurricane, so it makes sense to have them face each other in January
jdrouskirsh

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am

krayzie Bone wrote:I think Joey with a belt is a great idea. His new Hollywood gimmick is awesome, plus he no longer does comedy so the wrestling matches will be good.

Bleh. He was already champion once so long it got boring. I'd rather get a long Claudio reign or let someone new carry it. The belt on Joey again isn't really exciting, and doesn't create any new matchups we haven't already seen a million times.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:34 pm

stated this before and since PWG probably does have to use him for the show anyways and if there's a way for PWG to not use him at all, that be great, put Vampiro in the Legends Battle Royal at least, probably the only way I'd accept him in PWG match at least
El Asian

Postby highspots » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

El Asian, they must have not heard you the first 20 times you said it, I heard a rumour they were thinking Vampiro v. Claudio
highspots

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum