Cyanide: A Loving Tribute to Poison Results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Cyanide: A Loving Tribute to Poison Results

Postby jonny craig » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Havn't seen this topic posted yet tonight so I thought id get it started. So anything interesting happen yet?
jonny craig

Re: Cyanide: A Loving Tribute to Poison Results

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 pm

had to scour the shit for results due to the fact some other thing called PWG in I believe in Indonesia was happening, anyways, Willie Mack beat Peter Avalon with Mack getting a Please Come Back chant as well
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Roderick Strong d Chuck Taylor.

El Asian wrote:had to scour the shit for results due to the fact some other thing called PWG in I believe in Indonesia was happening

You mean stuff like "ih anti banget sama yg namanya PWG! sori gua mah, APWG bangeeeeets!!! :p"? I really do wonder what that PWG is... maybe some kinda band. Searching for #PWG on Twitter usually filters that stuff out thankfully...
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:33 pm

the Cutlers beat the rockNES Monsters, match got a "this is awesome" chant
TigerDriver98 wrote:
El Asian wrote:had to scour the shit for results due to the fact some other thing called PWG in I believe in Indonesia was happening

You mean stuff like "ih anti banget sama yg namanya PWG! sori gua mah, APWG bangeeeeets!!! :p"? I really do wonder what that PWG is... maybe some kinda band. Searching for #PWG on Twitter usually filters that stuff out thankfully...

yes, that one, thankfully searching #PWG helps

anyways TigerDriver98, curious question, when was the last time you went to a PWG show anyways?
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Joey Ryan d Brandon Gatson. "Joey Ryan is sleazy again"

El Asian wrote:anyways TigerDriver98, curious question, when was the last time you went to a PWG show anyways?

Last one that I attended was "Seven". Honestly I think I've missed more PWG shows this year than I have in the previous 6 years of PWG combined. It's just more difficult for me to make it out to shows nowadays.
TigerDriver98

Postby dirtydutch » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Joey d Brandon. apparently Joey is sleazy again, I saw one NWA and he was rocking the mustache again. go I hate missing this show to be stuck at work
dirtydutch

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 pm

To wrap this up...

The Young Bucks defeated Ryan Taylor and Brian Cage-Taylor
Kevin Steen beat TOZAWA
Danger Bees defeated The Kings Of Wrestling to retain the PWG World Tag Team Titles (it was made into a title match apparently).
TigerDriver98

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Willie Mack vs Peter Avalon - Great match from the starting gate! Willie Mack flew and kicked some ass and pinned Avalon for the win.

Strong vs Chuck Taylor - This match had some great humor, but it got turned up quickly. It was a back and forth contest with hard chops and some great moves. In the end Strong won with a string of back breakers and lung blowers.

The Cutlers vs RockNES Monster (Yuma & Goodtime) - This match was nuts, bodies everwhere. The Doomsday device in the crowd was crazy. So was the crazy incest chant that started when Goodtime tripped the brothers into an awkward looking position (face in the crotch). The battle went back and forth and the win was great with a Spring board Tandem Tombstone Piledriver that looked menacing!

"The Technical Wizard" Joey Ryan vs Brandon Gatson - Match went down to wrestling, bodies still flew but Joey was still a few steps ahead of him. He hit the mustache ride and Gatson kicked out. Joey basically beat him up, wore him down then made him tap out with a great submission.

Intermission

Generation Me (The Young Bucks) vs The Fighting Taylor Boys - This match was great, it was hard hitting and high flying. So much heat in the crowd from this one. It was back and forth high flying and power from both teams. In the end it was the Bucks hitting More Bang For your Buck and getting the "W".

Kevin Steen vs Akira Tozawa - This match was hard hitting, sick, nuts and fucking amazing. It started with Tozawa suicide diving through the ropes onto Steen even before he got in the ring. Then all hell broke loose. It was back and forth with Steen beating him down and Tozawa holding his own. This match had a lot of great spots. Including a fan who was wearing a El Generico mask getting in Steens face. The stare down was priceless. Steen was classic here and everyone was having a blast here. They took it to the outside, and Steen even broke a present on Tozawa's head which shattered. Steen after put a piece of glass in his mouth and started chewing it. I think some of the hardest hits though had to be a few bumps on the outside where Tozawa looked dazed and knocked out and even Steen hit his head hard coming down off the apron. Another great one was the Dead Life German Suplex Tozawa delivered on Steen on the outside apron of the ring near the entrance. Watching that up close was cringing. Steen ended up beating Tozawa with not only one but two Package Piledrivers. Both looked like it hurt.

Peligro Abejas! (The Danger Bees!) vs The Kings Of Wrestling (Claudio and Hero) - This was a great main event, both teams had a great presence at that moment. In the beginning KOW began to cut a promo about it being the holidays and to be in the Christmas spirit and to put the PWG tag titles on the line. London then responed (This was interesting, you had to be there to hear it lol) He came back with his own response about giving back and being called ungiving. (this is where the Marijuana chants started and Generico was saying no to marijuana on the mic) It was great. They ended up agreeing that if the Bees put up the titles CC would give one of the Bees a Title shot. London pointed to Generico and told him you want this? We'll do it then. Now we had a title match. It was hard fought, Generico and CC went at it in the beginning to where the KOW earned the early advantage. It was fast paced, Claudio even hit his European uppercut which thundered through the hall. This was a wicked hit. London would come in and hit some great spots as well and it was just bodies everyone. The Forearm Shots with Hero was great as both cracked like thunder. There would be hard hits and a lot of counter moves. Generico would fight against CC and would even counter his Riccola Bomb with a Sunset Flip into a power bomb of his own. The match would go back and forth until it was one mistake that ended it for the KOW where Generico School boyed CC and London would Spear Hero for the 1,2,3!!! The bees came out and Generico would face Claudio for the PWG World Title.

This hands down was a great favorite. The venue wasn't super packed but it was just right for a PWG crowd. I loved it!!! Can't wait until the next one.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:52 pm

The show was very good minus the Young Bucks match cause they just mailed it in. Tozawa vs Steen was awesome, Rockness Monsters vs Cutlers was awesome, Tozawa improved greatly. Yes it is official Krayzie Bone no longer hates Tozawa lol
krayzie Bone

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:24 pm

This was a really good show. The matches were very good, and the wrestlers all worked their asses off. The Main event was a little short, but good.

The crowd was weird. There was definitely a lot of new faces attending, and they seemed to either not get all the chants and sometimes take a while to get into things. And the guys starting the TNA chant were not cute or funny. The Bucks use TNA heat to get over as heels, and chanting doesn't add anything to it. It just makes you look like a TNA fan, which is nothing to aspire to.

When it comes to Joey Ryan, I feel like he has shamed a lot of the crowd into cheering for him. For me, I'll boo him and enjoy doing it. And I think he has used the boos to good effect for his character, so people should feel free to boo him. The only thing he said is that he feels that some of us don't respect him as a wrestler. That isn't true. I totally respect him as a wrestler, and for what he does in the ring, and his sacrifices, and his skill, and I would never disrespect him as a wrestler. As a person, as a character/gimmick? Maybe. But booing and disrespect are different things for me when it comes ot Joey Ryan.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:32 pm

I think Joey Ryan was working the crowd when he said "some fans don't respect me", I doubt that's how he really feels. I like the return of the technical wizard gimmick and his match with Brandon Gatson was actually pretty good.

You are right about Young Bucks, they draw TNA heel heat from the fans, which is a shame because we are at PWG show and nothing of TNA should ever influence it.
krayzie Bone

Postby Dizzle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm

The show was awesome. All the tag matches were cool, even if the Bucks were going for the cheap heat, still entertaining. Willie Mack, wow, was amazed to see how he moved in person. Steen vs. Tozawa was the match of the night for me, the powerbomb to the apron on the outside was just fuckin sick. Thought Tozawa was out after he hit. "The Hollywood Submission Machine" Joey Ryan vs. Brandon Gatson was a good match. The promo Ryan cut before and after were both awesome. Strong vs. Taylor, felt like the crowd just wasn't into it at all in the first half of the match, then once it picked up it was good. Cutlers vs. Rocknes, awesome tag action, tombstone to finish was brutally awesome. Generico/London vs. KOW, solid match, but holy moly, somebody get some new tag belts or at least a roll of duct tape. Brought my cousin and friend for their first PWG experience, needless to say, they will now join us as regulars. Overall, fun show, and as always, can't wait for the next one.

Oh, and special thanks to the gentleman that sold me his 8th ticket for my cousin (only 7 of his 8 made it out), appreciate it.
Dizzle

Postby jdw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Willie Mack vs Peter Avalon: Solid opener. Little slow starting, but they got it going and the crowd enjoyed it a lot.

Strong vs Chuck Taylor: Solid match. Sorta wish Roddy wasn't tossed in a pre-lim.

The Cutlers vs RockNES Monster: Really had the crowd going batshit down the stretch. Crowd came to have a good time, and were treating this like it was a MOTYC, which is more of a sign of how much they wanted to have a good time than this actually being "great". But perfectly entertaining.

Pehaps hitting a problem here in the card as the first three matches were probably above the expectations of a lot of the crowd, and it's hard to sustain this all the way to the end.

Joey Ryan vs Brandon Gatson: Bad luck of the draw in where this was positioned. Storyling match. Part Joey playing to the fans that have wanted to make him heel from BOLA. Part Joey going with this technical gimmick, working a body part and getting the win with it. He could do a better job of working the arm (or whatever body part he picks in the next match), and if he's going to want to go with a tecnical gimmick, work in more submissions and interesting holds to get it across. Gaston was... not at his best. Joey's story, so on a level he shouldn't step on it. But the lack of fire and much spark in there made this really flat at times. Part of that was following a match that drove people nuts. But part of that was Brandon and this match. We were a group of seven. Six people were bagging on Brandon's work during the intermission, with me the only one trying to offer up any defense.

Generation Me/The Young Bucks vs The Fighting Taylor Boys: The Bucks had a lot of bullshit to kill time early, perhaps too much. Once they put it away and picked it up for the run to the finish, it was perfectly okay. The crowd enjoyed almost all of it.

Kevin Steen vs Akira Tozawa: Really good match up. Steen was tremendous, and Tozawa is fab in there with guys like Steen and Hero who know how to work with him bottoming in the spunky underdog role.

Peligro Abejas! vs The Kings Of Wrestling: Good match, really well booked: giving the fans a "bonus" title match, the right guy winning against the right guy. Some nice small things, like Hero looking at the PWG Title when Claudio put it on the mat. Perhaps short, but that might have been an issue with the earlier tags: they went way beyond midnight. This one pretty much did what it needed to do, delivered that bonus for the fans, then delivered the winner they wanted. It was also nice they wrestled it "straight", with London leaving the bullshit in the holster. I typically don't mind his bullshit unless it goes too long, like the stuffed trunk. Here, the vibe of "this is a title match, it's serious shit, let's wrestle" worked quite nice.

Liked the show. Claudio vs Generico should be good. Trying to figure out what they would have underneath it in support.

John
jdw

Postby jdw » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:The crowd was weird. There was definitely a lot of new faces attending, and they seemed to either not get all the chants and sometimes take a while to get into things. And the guys starting the TNA chant were not cute or funny. The Bucks use TNA heat to get over as heels, and chanting doesn't add anything to it. It just makes you look like a TNA fan, which is nothing to aspire to.

There seems to be a clear tradition of "contrarian chants". Someone chants for Yuma, and someone in turn chants for Cutler in the beat between the next Yuma. I think the TNA chants were little more than that. A smart heel plays to the handful of fans that are cheering for them, making the people who hate them try to drown out the Heel Fans. Negro Casas was a master of this, picking out the small pocket of 20 fans chanting for him out of a crowd of 5000 fans, pointing out, "See... I have fans too!" Then a few minutes later stooge in such away that his fans play along to turn their backs on him: "We can't support you Negro if you screw up like that." Bucks aren't that good. But there's nothing wrong with fans enjoying themselves chanting along to them.

A far worse reaction was that to Brandon: lots of crickets. It's a bit sad because he's a hard working guy. Fire wasn't there, crowd didn't care, and there remains a chunk of fans from BOLA who that give Joey "suck heat" rather than "heel heat". I know because I was sitting with two who just hate Joey for "ruining" BOLA, and it's not a good hate: they don't want to see him get punked, but instead want to see him stay backstage and not wrestle. :/ So mix those two together... and it wasn't a good dynamic.

PWG and the fans really shouldn't get too worked up about the TNA chants. The Buck came back and got a reaction from the fans. That's a good thing.

When it comes to Joey Ryan, I feel like he has shamed a lot of the crowd into cheering for him. For me, I'll boo him and enjoy doing it. And I think he has used the boos to good effect for his character, so people should feel free to boo him. The only thing he said is that he feels that some of us don't respect him as a wrestler. That isn't true. I totally respect him as a wrestler, and for what he does in the ring, and his sacrifices, and his skill, and I would never disrespect him as a wrestler. As a person, as a character/gimmick? Maybe. But booing and disrespect are different things for me when it comes ot Joey Ryan.

I agree with this mostly. I do think he needs overcome those who are giving him suck heat.

John
jdw

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't want to hear TNA chant during PWG show, it is disrespectful and stupid. I'm an IWA fan, so how would you feel if I chant IWA IWA during let's say Chris Hero's match, the fans will probably boo me out of the building, so what excuse do they have to chant TNA? If they want TNA they should go to TNA, keep this garbage out of PWG.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't want to hear TNA chant during PWG show, it is disrespectful and stupid. I'm an IWA fan, so how would you feel if I chant IWA IWA during let's say Chris Hero's match, the fans will probably boo me out of the building, so what excuse do they have to chant TNA? If they want TNA they should go to TNA, keep this garbage out of PWG.

not exactly how I would word it but yeah, I have to agree on that, the fact the Bucks used the TNA chant for heel heat is pretty much the point, too bad TNA fans are too stupid to realize that TNA is horrible beyond reason and should never be chanted at any wrestling show
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Yes exactly, Bucks wanted TNA heel heat, they wanted PWG fans to boo them out of the building, but instead we had TNA fans in the crowd who actually supported it, lol
krayzie Bone

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Knock it off, you idiots (You know who you are).

Anyone that trolls, or eggs on a troll, or says something remotely related to any of this idiocy gets banned. I've let this nonsense go on for long enough.

To everyone else, please do not hesitate to contribute to the discussions here, positively or negatively, in a meaningful way. As long as you're not challenging someone to bicycle races around Dead Man's Curve because you disagree with them, all are welcome.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby camstun187 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:12 pm

......... >_>

<_< ......

Show sounds badass.
Fuck TNA
camstun187

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:40 am

camstun187 wrote:......... >_>

<_< ......

Show sounds badass.
Fuck TNA

These are two things that are true.

The more I think about this show, the more I think it was the sleeper show of the year. I feel like there wasn't that much hype going in, and a lot of people thought it would be a phone-in show before January. Instead it was incredibly good top to bottom, especially at showcasing local talent. On reflection, this was Steen's best PWG show in a while, and all the matches were very very cool. Probably one of the best 3 of the year.

Most importantly, our champ came back. Huzzah!
El Hijo del Generico

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum