January Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: January Show

Postby El Asian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

it be nice for PWG to bring in some Chikara guys although I assume PWG doesn't bring them in though is financial reasons though if PWG had to choose, I'd just bring in the Osirian Portal

as for the Legends Battle Royal, with Excalibur and Good Ol' DR on commentary, its probably one match that will more than likely better on DVD than live just for the commentary

now enough complaining from everyone and lets all agree that Vampiro should never step foot in a PWG ring, especially for a regular PWG match
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes Vampiro sucks :lol:
krayzie Bone

Postby jdw » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:06 pm

The Roddy vs Generico ROH Title match on the first night is odd.

It really seemed like PWG booked their last show to set up Claudio vs Generico for the PWG Title to headline the second night. A short term storyline to push back Joey's title shot for a later card in Reseda. That seemed to make sense at it it was more likely to work: home court crowd gets Joey more than the crowd they're likely to get at the Reunion. In turn, Claudio-Generico looked to have a better shot of working infront of the Reunion crowd. In a sense a "fitting" main event for PWG at the Reunion.

Did ROH bigfoot PWG? Or is Generico going to get title shots both nights? That doesn't make sense as he doesn't seem likely to beat Roddy, which would make the guy who lost to the ROH champ the first night getting a shot at the PWG belt the second night. Or is something else planned?

I think Joey-Claudio would be a really bad idea for the card. Even in front of his "home" fans on the last card having gotten more of them on his side than the show before, his match with Gaston got the worst heat of the night. It wasn't that they were burned out, as the crowd was back into the matches for the rest of the show. Run Joey out in a main in front crowd that has as many ROH and Old Timers fans as PWG fan... sounds like an invitation to a bomb.

Is there another match for Claudio that works? I'd love to see Claudio-Hero, but that looks to be a very slow build.

John
jdw

Postby eldink » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

after strong wins friday let him cut a promo how he wants both titles...if not that davey
eldink

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

eldink wrote:after strong wins friday let him cut a promo how he wants both titles...if not that davey

I want Davey to come and say that he never lost the strap, and demand a match with Claudio. When is the next chance we'll have Davey back?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:31 am

Yes we do need Davey at PWG in January but I don't really want to see him wrestle Claudio. Davey vs Claudio will be just another ROH'sque type of match. I think PWG matches must stay unique. What I mean by that is PWG should book matches that you can't see anywhere else in the Indies and they have done a great job doing so in 2010. Every other ROH show is Claudio vs Davey, forget it man.
krayzie Bone

Postby evilgenius » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 am

Low Ki vs. Davey is what I want to see.
evilgenius

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:00 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
eldink wrote:after strong wins friday let him cut a promo how he wants both titles...if not that davey

I want Davey to come and say that he never lost the strap, and demand a match with Claudio. When is the next chance we'll have Davey back?

Davey is going to be around that weekend.
According to ROHwrestling.com, Davey is scheduled to wrestle on Friday's show :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 am

I am pretty sure that a Claudio vs Generico mat h was supposed to happen on Saturday's show. And I'm pretty sure that's why ROH booked Generico to fight Strong on Friday. In my eyes, they screwed PWG by doing that. I doubt Claudio/Generico will happen anymore and Claudio/Ryan really wont sell as a main event to that huge crowd. As much as I want to see Claudio/Richards, I want to see it but in Reseda and with some type of build up.
The Franchise13

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:17 am

What would happen if PWG booked:

PWG World Title
Claudio Castagnoli vs Vampiro

Would you riot?
The Franchise13

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 am

The Franchise13 wrote:What would happen if PWG booked:

PWG World Title
Claudio Castagnoli vs Vampiro

Would you riot?

Probably just heckle the hell outta Vampiro. Would probably end up getting the same treatment the Joey Ryan vs. Chris Kanyon for the PWG Title match got.
Lord Akiyama

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm not going to ROH show, I'm only going to PWG. Yes Davey vs Low Ki would be freeking incredible. However my dream match is; El Hijo Del Generico vs El Generico (razor blade table match) :P
krayzie Bone

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I'm not going to ROH show, I'm only going to PWG. Yes Davey vs Low Ki would be freeking incredible. However my dream match is; El Hijo Del Generico vs El Generico (razor blade table match) :P

I cost extra for blood; they probably couldn't afford it.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:50 pm

I've seen a razor blade board match and razor blade table match, both were incredible.
krayzie Bone

Postby ozmania » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 pm

jdw wrote:Even in front of his "home" fans on the last card having gotten more of them on his side than the show before, his match with Gaston got the worst heat of the night.

I wouldn't blame Joey for this. Gatson was a sack of shit that night and has been for the past 3 or 4 shows.
ozmania

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 pm

I agree that ROH kinda screwed PWG on this one. Mabey Claudio/Generico could still happen bit if not Mabey it could be Claudio/Ki as Ki never got his shot from winning BOLA. Or even mabey Shelton could get a shot, Shelton could come out and tell Claudio that although the WGTT has fallen in tag team compition, they have never faced each other 1 on 1, mabey something like that.

On another topic think theres any chance we see some ROH talent on the PWG show? I would love to see Eddie Edwards or Kenny King in Pwg.
eastbay510

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 pm

I say

Jake the Snake vs. Claudio for the PWG Title
Danger Bee's vs. Young Bucks for the PWG Tag Titles or Steen vs. Generico just to piss off ROH for ruining their title match
Gatson vs. Tozawa
Bohnam vs. Hero
Cutler's vs. Brian Cage Taylor/Ryan Taylor
Chuck Taylor vs .Peter Avalon or Kevin Steen
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 am

ozmania wrote:
jdw wrote:Even in front of his "home" fans on the last card having gotten more of them on his side than the show before, his match with Gaston got the worst heat of the night.

I wouldn't blame Joey for this. Gatson was a sack of shit that night and has been for the past 3 or 4 shows.

I agree with you about Gatson. When Gatson first came to PWG he was on fire, now he is slacking off a bit. May be he thinks that he already proved himself and established himself as a world class athlete, but this is just not the case, so yeah he needs to bust his ass a little more.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 pm

ozmania wrote:

What? Gatson has been fine. Who knows how much jobbing to Joey in his preferred fashion messed up his game?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Odd... a post was deleted earlier on. It was from Highspots and all he put was that he heard a rumor about Claudio vs Vampiro. Was it deleted because he let the cat out of the bag?
The Franchise13

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum