PWG - The O.C. Matches You're Most Looking Forward To

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

What match are you most looking forward to?

Poll ended at Sun May 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin
11%
Cape Fear/Los Luchas vs. Arrogance/KoW
27%
TJ Perkins vs. Rocky Romero
No votes
B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan
8%
Super Dragon/Ronin/Alex Koslov vs. Bino Gambino/Disco Machine/Nemesis
16%
Kevin Steen vs. American Dragon
27%
Colt Cabana vs. The Human Tornado
11%

Total votes : 37

PWG - The O.C. Matches You're Most Looking Forward To

Postby evilpaz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:23 pm

Holy shit, I just realized there's a crap load of matches while making this poll up.

It's hard to pick just one, but I think the 8 man will be the best of the bunch. It's almost guaranteed that people are gonna have to get off their seats and get the fuck out of the way with the crazy planchas these guys will do.
evilpaz

Postby dxreydx » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:31 pm

American Dragon vs Kevin Steen won't be a spotfest like the 8 man, but I think it will be the most balanced match of the card. Both can do the comedy, technical mat work and hopefully some stiff stuff and not to mention its current RoH Champ vs former PWG Champ. This is worthy of being a main event any other PWG show or indy show in general.
dxreydx

Postby evilpaz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:56 pm

What's awesome about this card is that almost ANY match can be the main event. I wonder if they'll have Dragon/Steen as the main event or if B-Boy/Joey will be it.
evilpaz

Postby astro_zombie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:31 am

tough choice... but i ended up putting my vote in fer dragon/steen...
astro_zombie

Postby ROshamBO » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:33 am

steev vs danielson,the 8 man match and cabana vs tornado would be mines

the tag title match also would have been a good one if richatds wasnt injured
ROshamBO

Postby Paul Burns » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm voting for Cabana/Tornado. These two guys are REALLY high on my "favourite wrestlers currently" list, and cannot WAIT to see the hilarious that the match shall bring.
Paul Burns

Postby WannaB » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:06 pm

How could 6 people thus far have voted for the 6-man and not even one person for the TJ/Rocky match? Nothing against the guys in the 6-man. I'm sure it will be a solid performence, but it doesn't seem as appealing as the other listings on the card?

Personally I'm looking forward to the 8-man. It should be insane. It looks like it will be the most exciting of the bunch.
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:31 pm

How could 6 people thus far have voted for the 6-man and not even one person for the TJ/Rocky match?

Probably because the six man tag is going to be a better match. Dragon brings out the best in Disco, and he'll obviously give Bino a beating, and Nemesis and Disco have beef with Ronin and Koslov and that could end up being really awesome. Plus, Ronin and Koslov have beef with Bino over the last show when he and Topgun beat them. Ronin and Koslov worked really well as a team and are a great dickhead heel tag team. Add Super Dragon into the mix and things will get wild.
SoCalAndy

Postby Monster Heel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Personally, I voted for the 8-Man because The Kings of Wrestling and Arrogance are two of my favorite teams on the indies. Them as a 4 man team is just too awesome for me. Cape Fear and Los Luchas are always fun as well.
Monster Heel

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:51 pm

I voted Aries/Sabin, I've always wanted to see that match. They both have very similar styles, and if they have Aries doing his heel work and Sabin with his blistering combacks and faceness, it could turn out to be really great. Sabin brings his all when in PWG, and Aries is returning after 15 months so will really want to impress, so I just think they'll mesh well.

Should be an awesome show anyway, all the matches look good in some form.
Rish To The Rosh

Postby WannaB » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:48 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:
How could 6 people thus far have voted for the 6-man and not even one person for the TJ/Rocky match?

Probably because the six man tag is going to be a better match. Dragon brings out the best in Disco, and he'll obviously give Bino a beating, and Nemesis and Disco have beef with Ronin and Koslov and that could end up being really awesome. Plus, Ronin and Koslov have beef with Bino over the last show when he and Topgun beat them. Ronin and Koslov worked really well as a team and are a great dickhead heel tag team. Add Super Dragon into the mix and things will get wild.

I agree that all of those factors will make it a great match, but I don't necessarily believe that the atmosphere/story will push it beyond the quality of the 8-man. The vast majority of these 8 guys have been involved in the bulk of the show-stealers this year. Each of these teams has consistantly delivered solid performences throughout their time in PWG and I have to think that their inventive styles will blend for something that the fans will truly be going apeshit over.
WannaB

Postby evilpaz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:14 pm

Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin - Just like Shelley/Sabin a few shows ago, this match should be very fluid and very crisp with the technical wrestling. Other than that, it's good to see Aries back in a PWG ring again.

Cape Fear/Los Luchas vs. Arrogance/KoW - With the wrestlers involved, this has the potential to be an early PWG MOTYC. I'm hoping to see some great lucha stuff from Generico and Los Luchas.. and I guess from KoW. Good to see Bosh is back and okay.

TJ Perkins vs. Rocky Romero - I'm sure that these two guys will have a good match together, but it just that they're mixed in with a bunch of better and more anticipated matches. I want to see what the fuss is all about with Rocky, I've seen him before but I don't get why people are so high on him. TJ's TJ, his singles stuff really isn't enough to win over the majority of the PWG crowd. I really hope these two go all out on each other and prove me wrong.

B-Boy vs. Joey Ryan - How oh how will Joey Ryan squeeze out the victory in this one? :) I'll root for B-Boy although I have a feeling Joey will cheat his way to victory.

Super Dragon/Ronin/Alex Koslov vs. Bino Gambino/Disco Machine/Nemesis - Interesting match, imo. Poor Bino's gonna act like a silly goose and Dragon's just gonna end up curb stomping his face into a chair.... and then fuck with Ceasar. I'm really excited about Koslov's future in PWG as well as the indie wrestling world. I think he has a lot of potential and can really go far.

Kevin Steen vs. American Dragon - This match is gonna awesome, simply because it's American frickin' Dragon! I'm beginning to take a liking to Steen and Dragon is one of my favorite wrestlers.

Colt Cabana vs. The Human Tornado - This should be a great comedy match. It's always good to see Colt back. Glad Tornado's good to go... fuck The Boogeyman.

Overall, this show is simply gonna be off the chain. It sucks that Davey is injured, but so is life. I'm looking forward to every single match on the card, and that's something I couldn't say for the past shows. Mix in Scorpio and Kazarian and this could be one of PWG best shows of the year.
evilpaz

Postby It's A Bomb » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:59 am

It's a toss up between the Dragon Six Man Tag and the loaded 8 Man Tag. Steen/Dragon could be really good, but chances are it's not going to be as great as we expect it to be and could be filled with comedy. Not saying that would be a bad thing, but I'd rather not let my expectations get the best of me. Plus, I want to see Dragon give a baby a shoot monkey flip while ripping emo hair out of someone's skull.[/list]
It's A Bomb

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:06 pm

WannaB wrote:I agree that all of those factors will make it a great match, but I don't necessarily believe that the atmosphere/story will push it beyond the quality of the 8-man.

I wasn't talking about the Eight Man Tag. I was talking about your comment about the Trios having more votes than the TJ/Rocky match. I don't see why you would say that, as it has a lot more appeal than TJ/Rocky. And I don't find it hard to think it's just as, if not, even more appealing than any other match on the card.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:49 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:
WannaB wrote:I agree that all of those factors will make it a great match, but I don't necessarily believe that the atmosphere/story will push it beyond the quality of the 8-man.

I wasn't talking about the Eight Man Tag. I was talking about your comment about the Trios having more votes than the TJ/Rocky match. I don't see why you would say that, as it has a lot more appeal than TJ/Rocky. And I don't find it hard to think it's just as, if not, even more appealing than any other match on the card.

Wow, sorry about that. I don't know why but my head got a little sidetracked there.

*kicks self for being a dumbass*

Time for rehab.
WannaB

Postby Ozman231 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:33 pm

I'm most looking forward to the Sabin/Aries match. I've wanted to see them go at it for awhile now.

Anyone know why the Briscoes aren't on the show anymore?
Ozman231

Postby CheMateo » Tue May 02, 2006 4:00 pm

Because Davey Richards is unfortunately injured at the moment, so The World Tag Titles cannot be defended. So the Briscoes are scheduled to be at the next show.
CheMateo

Postby onlxn » Tue May 02, 2006 4:12 pm

TJ/Rocky definitely isn't the match I'm looking forward to most, but there's a chance it could really surprise people. I saw them have a really good 15-minute draw at the Inoki Dojo a couple months ago. They match up well, and they're used to working each other...

No way to know how it'll turn out, as both guys wrestle a million different styles and are pretty hit-or-miss in PWG. But it could be a really nice addition to the card.
onlxn

Postby Ocire » Tue May 02, 2006 10:20 pm

I don't remember exactly what match I voted for as it was a while back I voted but I'm definitely looking forward to Super Dragon/Ronin/Alex Koslov vs. Bino Gambino/Disco Machine/Nemesis. In a recent turn of events I've become a major Disco Machine mark and so it would be awesome to see him on the first show I go to. :D Hopefully I show up.
Ocire

Postby RM Punk » Fri May 05, 2006 6:11 pm

Cabana vs. Tornado sounds like a blast.
RM Punk

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum