We were screwed out of this by ROH

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

We were screwed out of this by ROH

Postby HeyItsThatGuy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:23 am

PWG and DGUSA on the same weekend would have been epic. Screw ROH.

Credit Pwtorch.com
So in this weeks VIP - ETC. NEWSWIRE: Sean Radican lists this piece of info.

(2) ROH management tells Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly they can no longer work in EVOLVE: According to one source, Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly have been told by ROH president Cary Silkin they can no longer take dates with EVOLVE, which is booked by former ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky.

Radican's analysis: ROH not allowing O'Reilly and Cole to work DGUSA dates was understandable given that both ROH and DGUSA run iPPVs and compete for revenue in that market. EVOLVE is a whole different matter, as O'Reilly and Cole aren't appearing on iPPV when they wrestle for EVOLVE.

The bottom line is that when O'Reilly and Cole aren't wrestling for ROH, they should be able to wrestle wherever they want as long as they aren't wrestling for a company competing with ROH on iPPV. This move comes across as sour grapes on ROH's part. The company already blocked DGUSA from running an event during WrestleReunion V weekend in Los Angeles in late January and the trend is continuing here with Cole and O'Reilly
HeyItsThatGuy

Re: We were screwed out of this by ROH

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

WTF! We could have had Dragongate USA at wrestleunion? This slightly upsets me
Souf Centrol

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Fuck... If it had been DGUSA on friday night, I sure as shit would have gone...
Fsportsentertainment

Postby Meltman » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Gotta love how these wrestlers who don't get paid anyway have to deal with old men's drama.
Meltman

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:11 am

When was DGUSA going to run? Thursday before everyone got there? Sunday when everyone left? ROH already had date booked long before DGUSA was trying to get in.

They ran a very successful triple shot that weekend. Not that big of a deal.

PS, I remember reading this like a week or two before WR. How is this just now newz?
Hawkeye

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Don't get too upset, I'm sure there will be plenty of more opportunities for this.

But don't forget about hardcore wrestling fans who live in the south and don't get much wrestling action at all. I drove 5 hours to go see DGUSA for the first time and it was absolutely fantastic and I'm very appreciative that they were at least driving distance away from me.

But I definitely agree that PWG and DGUSA in the same weekend is much better than ROH and DGUSA(even though ROH had a great show Friday night).
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff

Return to General Discussion