Paul London

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Paul London

Postby PWGLove » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 am

Anyone think its strange that Paul London isnt wrestling? He tweeted something weird a while back and the young bucks addressed him at DDT4 after the match saying just dont show up stoned. Does anyone think he wont be back to PWG? Just curious.
PWGLove

Re: Paul London

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 am

It's not the first time. Following 100, London was scheduled for the 2009 DDT4 tournament, but was too injured to participate. Then he pretty much did his own thing, making a one-off appearance at Danielson's initial finale at Guerre Sans Fronti
Lord Akiyama

Postby camstun187 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 am

I think London just wrestles when he wants to. I can imagine PWG gives him a LOOOTTTT of leeway in how he chooses to go about his life. I mean shit, he treats PWG like his own little playground, so what more evidence do we need? I can only imnagine he just doesn't feel good, physically, and doesn't wanna sour things up.

I'll give him major props if he's there, though, to support the team.
camstun187

Postby jdw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:34 am

Strange turnaround in a couple of days, as mentioned. Bucks cut a promo on London on 3/5 then on 3/8 the promotions knows a month out that he won't wrestle and has a replacement lined up. If he was banged up enough that there were questions whether he'd be back in the next card, it might have been better to just have DDT4 be for the vacated titles.

John
jdw

Postby fatallylost » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 am

camstun187 wrote:I think London just wrestles when he wants to. I can imagine PWG gives him a LOOOTTTT of leeway in how he chooses to go about his life. I mean shit, he treats PWG like his own little playground, so what more evidence do we need? I can only imnagine he just doesn't feel good, physically, and doesn't wanna sour things up.

I'll give him major props if he's there, though, to support the team.

The only issue with that, is one week before DDT4, he was at a show in Chino. On the 25th of this month, he'll be wrestling there as well.
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 pm

PWGLove wrote:Anyone think its strange that Paul London isnt wrestling? He tweeted something weird a while back and the young bucks addressed him at DDT4 after the match saying just dont show up stoned. Does anyone think he wont be back to PWG? Just curious.

I didn't even know he had a twitter account. I always thought he just yelled stuff into the bullhorn and it was transferred into digital media. :P

I hope he comes back, he's fuckin great to watch and sort of listen too lol His promo vids are always so hilarious. Danger Bees! and Hybrid Dolphins. Both were so fucking WINNING!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby jdw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:49 pm

[quote="fatallylost"The only issue with that, is one week before DDT4, he was at a show in Chino. On the 25th of this month, he'll be wrestling there as well.[/quote]

http://iwlwrestling.com/nextshow.html

Showing up on the last show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnfpYTuRkbA

Also working Friday for another promotion:

http://www.btwrestling.com/home.html

Maybe he's got a Japan tour. ;)

Yeah... strange. Should have just had the belt on the line at DDT4, put the Bucks over and have someone ready to challenge them.

John
jdw

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm

He tweeted (and later deleted) something like "When Guerrillas keep listening to unproven chimps, I'll have to find a new jungle" or something of that sort (don't remember the exact quote).

So it kinda appears like he won't be back in PWG for a while. I'll miss the guy... well not his singles matches, but his tag matches were always fun.
TigerDriver98

Postby Coach » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Can we bring back Brian Kendrick? I enjoyed him as a wrestler in PWG over London. London didn't offer much to matches aside from notoriety. Thankfully he was involved in mainly tag matches!
Coach

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Im a huge Paul London mark.... so I hope he comes back. I will see him on the 25th, and his pretty cool win me, so hopefully he'll be direct and tell me what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised his a little bothered because PWG didn't use him at KR2. It doesn't make any sense if u have one half of your tag champs in the building and not use him.... just my opinion.
The Franchise13

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:He tweeted (and later deleted) something like "When Guerrillas keep listening to unproven chimps, I'll have to find a new jungle" or something of that sort (don't remember the exact quote).

Maybe that's the reason why he made his debut in Chino on February.
The Franchise13

Postby El Asian » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:02 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:He tweeted (and later deleted) something like "When Guerrillas keep listening to unproven chimps, I'll have to find a new jungle" or something of that sort (don't remember the exact quote).

So it kinda appears like he won't be back in PWG for a while. I'll miss the guy... well not his singles matches, but his tag matches were always fun.

hopefully things get worked out between London and PWG then, I really hope it ain't the last we him in PWG, then again I've hoped the same between with PWG and Sky as well
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm

i really hope london stays reacurring in pwg. he's my favorite wrestler & pwg is my favorite promotion, so it's like a match made in heaven for me.
So Cal Punk

Postby PWGLove » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 am

The Franchise13 wrote:

Maybe that's the reason why he made his debut in Chino on February.

That is the tweet I was referring to, then one of the young bucks tweeted to London " very cryptic message mr london" or something close to it.
Thats why I thought the young bucks addressing him in the ring at DDT4 after their match was strange. Seems like PWG might not being seeing London anytime soon. I was hoping he would work out but it appears politics behind the scenes are playing a part. I also have heard from a few people as everyone can see he obviously wrestled in Chino prior. Just looking for some feedback, thanks to all the responses.
PWGLove

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 pm

I'll miss the promos. Otherwise, good riddance. London almost ruined BOLA.
Meltman

Postby PWGLove » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Meltman agreed the promos are great but the product in the ring the last couple of shows was so so. IMO
PWGLove

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 pm

I enjoy London, mostly because of his promos and tag matches, but I agree his singles left something to desire, though as mentioned, I do hope London gets motivated again (though may involve green substances) and does come back to PWG one day as London did probably help boost attendance when he first came to PWG, or I believe anyways
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I'd love to know what wrestler doesn't smoke weed.
Meltman

Postby chdevin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

London isn't wrestling at WINNING! because he was booked with Brian Kendrick for Pro Wrestling Bushido, a promotion in Northern California, that day.
chdevin

Postby fatallylost » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I fully admit, my first PWG show was London's debut. And he was about 80% of the reasoning. I saw Joey wrestle for my friends company (the same one that London showed up at in Chino) so, from there I caught the EWF shows, as they are down the street from me. Then PWG's show was coming up, I see London's name, I had to go.

If he is done with them, for now, I'd rather they have him in the match that drops the titles whenever that would be. It just seems right.
fatallylost

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum