All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

For those fans that haven't heard, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla was informed by Low Ki earlier this afternoon that due to a family emergency, he would be unable to make the first night (May 27) of All Star Weekend 8, taking place this Friday and Saturday in Reseda, CA. Low Ki stated that he still plans on competing on Night Two of All Star Weekend 8, where he is set to face Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Claudio Castagnoli in a potential World Championship title match, should Claudio retain on Night One. Our thoughts are with Low Ki, and we wish him the best in this difficult time.

With Low Ki out of action on Night One, some changes have been made to the line-up that we think you will find very appealing. Now, we don't presume to know you, the reader, personally, but we figure that by now we've got a bit of a grasp on what our fans like and dislike, and we're pretty sure all of our fans will like these changes. And if they don't, they can go fly a kite! But not you. No, you're one of the good ones.

All Star Weekend 8 - Night One will now feature:

Singles Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Alex Shelley

-- Not much explanation needed. Both of these guys are awesome, and where else in the world could you see this match? Your dreams don't count, either.

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Nightmare Violence Connection ("Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa)

-- After El Generico and Ricochet were defeated by The Young Bucks at Card Subject to Change III, it was clear that El Generico thought Ricochet was responsible for their team losing the match, and more importantly, the World Tag Team Championship titles. Ricochet was looking forward to facing El Generico in order to prove that he was not the weak link in their tag team match, but that was before "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen laid out a major challenge to Ricochet and El Generico:

PWG always gets struck by bad luck. Almost every show. Tomorrow night was supposed to see Low Ki battle Alex Shelley but unfortunately, Ki needs to stay home to deal with a family emergency. I know the feeling all too well. Last month, I had to do the same. And it absolutely killed me to have to bail on PWG. But I swore I'd make it up to the fans and coincidentally, I think Low Ki's situation is going to help me achieve that.

Since Ki won't be able to face Shelley, the decision was made to have Alex Shelley wrestle Eddie Edwards in a unique battle that could only happen in a PWG ring. However, that leaves Tozawa without a match. This is where I come in. I'm well aware of the match I am booked in tomorrow night against Willie Mack. And I don't want that to change. On the contrary, I look forward to putting him in his place... and by that I mean back in the front row with the rest of the fans.
But I'm also well aware of the fact that there's a certain team out there that a lot of PWG fans hoped Tozawa and I would wrestle before our Japanese friend has to return home to the land of the rising sun (Wesley Snipes!) And to make up for missing the last show, I want to give PWG fans the opportunity to see that match.

So here it is...a challenge...

After I'm done with Willie Mack, Akira Tozwa and Kevin Steen vs Ricochet and El Generico.

Generico, don't be a fucking pussy. Let's do this!

See you tomorrow night.

After hearing about the challenge, Ricochet and El Generico agreed to team up once again, this time to take on Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa. As fans have come to find out, Akira Tozawa is one of the toughest and most resilient competitors in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Kevin Steen has that reputation, as well, but tomorrow night he will really have to live up to it by facing Willie Mack in singles competition, and then wrestling again in this tag team match later in the evening. With just one match to focus on, El Generico and Ricochet should have the advantage, but with each man out to prove a point to the other, the discord between them might be too much for them to overcome.

Front Row tickets for both nights of All Star Weekend 8 are sold out, however General Admission tickets will be available at the door prior to each event! Don't miss your chance to see what will undoubtedly be two of the most talked about nights of wrestling of the entire year!

Take these lemons back! We don't want your damn lemons!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. General Admission tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With the full lineups for each night of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 announced on the All Star Weekend 8 Mini-Site, tickets have been going fast! So fast, in fact, that Front Row seats are now sold out! We encourage everyone considering attending All Star Weekend 8 to get their tickets in advance in order to guarantee themselves a seat for what will undoubtedly be the best weekend of professional wrestling all year! General Admission tickets for both Night 1 and 2 are available for purchase on the Mini-Site.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on May 23, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:46 pm

My first All Star Weekend! I can't wait...
The Franchise13

Postby fatallylost » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Sweet. My first as well! I am very excite!
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah I've never been to an all star weekend. Counting down the days now
Souf Centrol

Postby Madvillian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Kikrusher and myself are now devising a way to make this happen for us. Andrew Deyoe, you down? #PWGkliq
Madvillian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Sweet I can plan ahead for this one. ^_^ I'll attend after work and make sure they don't schedule me later.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Hopefully there will be some debuts, Frightmare, Ultra Mantis, AR Fox has been tearing it up on the east coast reciently
eastbay510

Postby ajday » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Madvillian wrote:Kikrusher and myself are now devising a way to make this happen for us. Andrew Deyoe, you down? #PWGkliq

Yup, asking for it off as I type this.
ajday

Postby tmac9311 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:11 am

Madvillian wrote:Kikrusher and myself are now devising a way to make this happen for us. Andrew Deyoe, you down? #PWGkliq

any way I could tag along? Seems like a great way to break my PWG virginity money time permitting
tmac9311

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 am

All Star Weekend is back!

Damn, shows are over a month away. Hopefully PWG gives us updates at a steady pace.

eastbay510 wrote:Hopefully there will be some debuts, Frightmare, Ultra Mantis, AR Fox has been tearing it up on the east coast reciently

I think the next likely flier to debut is Rich Swann.
Meltman

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 am

Awesome!!!
Add me to the list, this will be my first as well. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:29 am

personally, I'm just hoping for the return of Kenny Omega and Pac at least
El Asian

Postby Tarfoo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 am

Please God Silverback, all I'm asking is Kevin Steen versus Low Ki for one night. Thank you for everything and bless the lockerroom.

Amen.
Tarfoo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:37 pm

El Asian wrote:personally, I'm just hoping for the return of Kenny Omega and Pac at least

Same here. It could happen too, as Omega will be in the US for the NJPW East Coast tour in Mid-May, and PAC will be on a DGUSA show in early June. So here's hoping things work out with getting them on ASW.
TigerDriver98

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 pm

El Asian wrote:personally, I'm just hoping for the return of Kenny Omega and Pac at least

Agreed!!!!

I also will throw this out in the air. I kind of want to see Matt Cross come out to PWG!!! He's a great flyer!!! Really cool guy from what I hear too!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby eldink » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:54 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:

Agreed!!!!

I also will throw this out in the air. I kind of want to see Matt Cross come out to PWG!!! He's a great flyer!!! Really cool guy from what I hear too!!!!

which could cause the first " permission to speak chant" in wrestling history....
eldink

Postby npdavis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:

Agreed!!!!

I believe the last time he was in PWG (at least from what I remember) he had one of the most painful looking inadvertent bumps I've ever seen.
npdavis

Postby El Asian » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:33 pm

speaking of the NJPW, turns out Best of Super Jr. is happening on that weekend although Omega technically isn't with NJPW anyway but it is BOSJ and Omega could get booked anyways depending if that show needs a DDT representative, hopefully Omega is available for PWG instead of NJPW but who knows, although it rules out anyone (mostly me) hoping for the return of Liger and Devitt

as for Matt Cross, while it be nice to see him back in PWG for this but its not gonna happen as Tough Enough is still airing despite Matt's elimination and for those who don't understand why that matters here's how it works apparently, WWE has a contract on hold for him, I believe similar the 90 days clause, now I believe this prevents from doing any indy dates as well and I believe his elimination was taped before he appeared on Raw before WrestleMania, I believe this why WWE still has that chick who's favorite match was Melina vs. Alicia Fox under their contract, maybe to protect from who gets wins and gets eliminated, similar contract on what reality competitions are using from what I gathered

anyways going back to NJPW running a US show a week before this, I mentioned NJPW is running BOSJ during ASW afterward but one tag team that is working the NJPW in the US show but since they aren't jr. heavyweights at all and despite being the heavyweight tag champs in NJPW, one can hope they allow them to work some PWG shows and miss technically one scheduled NJPW night anyways and if anyone has read my topics before that I've always suggested PWG to bring these guys especially someone who hasn't been in PWG for awhile, bring in Bad Intentions, Karl Anderson and Giant Bernard, for All Star Weekend

also random thing to note, holy shit, I just noticed you adjust the size on where you type stuff on this board
El Asian

Postby Endurance » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm

My first AWS as well. At Winning I brought my friend who had never seen an indy show in his life, let alone follow wrestling on tv, and he was hooked. Hopefully I can get him to drive us to Reseda again.

I wanna see Hero vs. Castagnoli, RockNES vs. Steen and Tozawa, and Young Bucks vs. American Wolves
Endurance

Postby maxx powerz » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I think the one dream match PWG can provide us with that pretty much no other promotion on the planet can provide is Haas and Benjamin vs. the Young Bucks. So that would be the match that I'd be pulling for. On top of that, I agree with anyone else who would like to see Pac and/or Kenny Omega back. Not sure that anyone knows the rules pertaining to TNA talent anymore, but I'd love for the Machine Guns to come back too. Man, WGTT against the Young Bucks one night and MCMG the second would be so effing epic, I'd give PWG my money on the spot. I've never been much of a Christopher Daniels fan, but I feel like he's busting his butt a little and having better matches in general than he did during his last run on the indy circuit. And since he certainly qualifies as an all-star I'd vote for seeing him again. Maybe have him give a rub and work with some younger guys. I'm sure it would be a thrill for guys like Johnny Goodtime and Willie Mack to get to work with a guy like Daniels.

Fantasy Booking
Night 1
Young Bucks v. WGTT
Castagnoli v. Tozawa
Pac v. Omega
MCMG v. Cutlers
Low Ki v. Hero 2
Generico v. Ricochet 2
Daniels v. Goodtime
Ryan v. Steen
Mack, Yuma & Gatson v. Chucky T, Brian Cage & Ryan Taylor

Night 2