Revpro vs SBS?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Revpro vs SBS?

Postby talley_1986 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Seeing as the first show of 2004 I have is Secret of the Ooze, I'm guessing I missed this entire feud. Before buying some of the earlier 2004 shows, could someone sum up the feud between them? It seemed like it was one of the bigger feuds along with Kazarian vs Pearce in the first year.
talley_1986

Re: Revpro vs SBS?

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Ah, I like these sort of questions. As best I remember it, here is a very brief summary of what happened on each show:

Pimpin' In High Places: After the Chris Bosh Vs. Excalibur Hair vs. Hair match, the AXP ran in and attacked Excalibur, and formed an alliance with Chris Bosh. They had felt disrespected by PWG because they thought PWG had been putting the focus on East Coast talent rather than the West Coast talent. Then Super Dragon (w/brick) and Disco Machine came in and fought the AXP off. This led to this famous Excalibur promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CS-LjijthM

Tango And Cash Invitational: There were various confrontations between the two factions during these shows. Joey Ryan and Scott Lost got involved after Sky and new faction member Charles Mercury interfered in their 2nd round match with Bosh and Quicksilver.

Taste The Radness: SBS took on AXP and Bosh in a 6-man tag. Top Gun Talwar came in (as the PWG Gorilla) and turned on his fellow PWG co-owners. SBS and the X-Foundation form an uneasy alliance to combat the AXP faction.

88 Miles Per Hour: A 10-man elimination Guerrilla Games Tag Match main evented this show. During the match Scorpio Sky lays out Super Dragon with his own Psycho Driver. In a post-show promo, he challenges Super Dragon to a Guerrilla Warfare match at the next show.

Kee_ The _ee Out of Our _ool: Super Dragon and Scorpio Sky settle things in a Guerrilla Warfare match. Also on this show Bosh/Quicksilver win the PWG tag titles from the X-Foundation

The Musical: SD/Excalibur win the PWG tag titles from Bosh/Quicksilver.

That was pretty much it for the actual feud. Very soon after this the AXP faction fell apart. Bosh/Talwar/Mercury went on to a brief alliance with Disco Machine (as Sexual Tension).
TigerDriver98

Postby talley_1986 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks a lot. Who was the heels of the feud? By the sound of it, I'm guessing AXP and Bosh, but it's hard to see AXP as heels. What happened with Sexual Tension?
talley_1986

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:41 pm

AXP were the heels in the whole thing. Sexual Tension had two 8-Man Tags (at Rocktoberfest and The Reason for the season) then weren't really ever mentioned again.
TigerDriver98

Postby talley_1986 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:28 pm

It sounds like a pretty decent feud. How are the actual matches? If I'm going to pay the money to get a few of the DVD's, would you say those matches are good enough that I feel I got my money's worth?
talley_1986

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

Yeah, they had some good matches. The 88 Miles Per Hour 10-man tag, and the Sky/SD Guerrilla Warfare match are definitely worth checking out.
TigerDriver98

Postby talley_1986 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks for your help, man. I threw 88 Miles Per Hour in with my DDT4 2011 order with Highspots.
talley_1986

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum