All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby b2u » Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 pm

Calling it right now, RockNES Monsters take the belts night one. I think a tag title match between RockNES/Nightmare would be better suited as a title match than Bucks/Strong and Aries. Bucks/Strong and Aries is more of a one time dream match of sorts. Doesn't really need the belts on the line. RockNES are in line for a big push based on the crowd reactions and fans they have, and Tozawa is on the way out so them defending the PWG tag belts for the first time against a Dragongate wrestler would do wonders for their career. In fact, I'll say right now that RockNES Monsters will have a career defining weekend as will Willie Mack based on his performance against Strong. I mean, not many wrestlers out wrestle Roderick Strong in a match, let alone make him look weaker. Only Joe made Strong look weak and maybe Kensuke Sasaki. But I think Mack will beat Steen on Night 1 and lose to Hero Night 2. I think Mack wins BOLA this year too, by going through Strong and Hero in rematches in the process to get those loses back.
b2u

Postby Meltman » Thu May 05, 2011 11:45 am

b2u wrote:But I think Mack will beat Steen on Night 1 and lose to Hero Night 2.

I think the opposite will happen. Hero loses title shot on Night 1, Mack also loses. Then Night 2 Mack gets an upset win over Hero to start building up a more heated Claudio/Hero rematch (with Hero full heel).
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Mon May 09, 2011 8:44 am

More "bored asshole" predictions...

Night 1 - Taylor Boys will lose, one will turn on the other and they'll wrestle each other on Night 2. Cage is basically a face in PWG and each guy has a ton of potential in singles.

Or Night 2 - Taylor Boys face a team like... King & Peter Avalon. Or King & Avalon face each other. Either way Night 2 should involve Avalon, Candice or both.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

I just realized that Brandon Gatson isn't booked for the weekend, a little odd
El Asian

Postby SlayJ » Wed May 11, 2011 4:52 pm

b2u wrote:Calling it right now, RockNES Monsters take the belts night one. I think a tag title match between RockNES/Nightmare would be better suited as a title match than Bucks/Strong and Aries. Bucks/Strong and Aries is more of a one time dream match of sorts. Doesn't really need the belts on the line. RockNES are in line for a big push based on the crowd reactions and fans they have, and Tozawa is on the way out so them defending the PWG tag belts for the first time against a Dragongate wrestler would do wonders for their career. In fact, I'll say right now that RockNES Monsters will have a career defining weekend as will Willie Mack based on his performance against Strong. I mean, not many wrestlers out wrestle Roderick Strong in a match, let alone make him look weaker. Only Joe made Strong look weak and maybe Kensuke Sasaki. But I think Mack will beat Steen on Night 1 and lose to Hero Night 2. I think Mack wins BOLA this year too, by going through Strong and Hero in rematches in the process to get those loses back.

I agree on both points. Mack is gonna own it at ASW! And I think it would be awesome for Goodtime & Yuma to win the titles on Night One and face off with Steen & Tozawa on Night Two...but with a twist. The Aries/Strong team obviously have big time credentials, but they are not a proven duo in PWG and shouldn't just walk in and get a potential title shot. If they're planning to team up more in the future, have them dismantle the Cutlers on Night One, then beat the Taylors 24 hours later (or better yet bring in Rhett Titus to team with King) to earn a shot down the line. Meanwhile the Bucks can demand their Tag Title re-match on Night Two and BAM, we've got us a 3-way elimination bout for the belts. With all the bad blood between these teams, this could out-crazy the Bucks/Cutlers/Bees mayhem from "Seven". And after re-watching DDT4 again last night, I so need to see Steen dish out some payback for all the Super Kicks he ate from the Bucks in the Finals. I would probably go crazier for that than anything else all weekend! Meanwhile RockNES can get some revenge of their own on Steen for the beatdown at WrestleReunion and gain a huge victory to retain the straps.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby Meltman » Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 am

SlayJ wrote:I agree on both points. Mack is gonna own it at ASW! And I think it would be awesome for Goodtime & Yuma to win the titles on Night One and face off with Steen & Tozawa on Night Two...but with a twist. The Aries/Strong team obviously have big time credentials, but they are not a proven duo in PWG and shouldn't just walk in and get a potential title shot. If they're planning to team up more in the future, have them dismantle the Cutlers on Night One, then beat the Taylors 24 hours later (or better yet bring in Rhett Titus to team with King) to earn a shot down the line. Meanwhile the Bucks can demand their Tag Title re-match on Night Two and BAM, we've got us a 3-way elimination bout for the belts. With all the bad blood between these teams, this could out-crazy the Bucks/Cutlers/Bees mayhem from "Seven". And after re-watching DDT4 again last night, I so need to see Steen dish out some payback for all the Super Kicks he ate from the Bucks in the Finals. I would probably go crazier for that than anything else all weekend! Meanwhile RockNES can get some revenge of their own on Steen for the beatdown at WrestleReunion and gain a huge victory to retain the straps.

Dude, did you read the Bucks vs. Aries/Strong match description? PWG doesn't run on "proven duos", they run on (often unlikely) matches that people find out about and get excited for.
Meltman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Meltman wrote:Dude, did you read the Bucks vs. Aries/Strong match description? PWG doesn't run on "proven duos", they run on (often unlikely) matches that people find out about and get excited for.

I thought they ran on mineral water and Funyuns? :P
DjEn3rgy21

Postby SlayJ » Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Meltman wrote:
SlayJ wrote:I agree on both points. Mack is gonna own it at ASW! And I think it would be awesome for Goodtime & Yuma to win the titles on Night One and face off with Steen & Tozawa on Night Two...but with a twist. The Aries/Strong team obviously have big time credentials, but they are not a proven duo in PWG and shouldn't just walk in and get a potential title shot. If they're planning to team up more in the future, have them dismantle the Cutlers on Night One, then beat the Taylors 24 hours later (or better yet bring in Rhett Titus to team with King) to earn a shot down the line. Meanwhile the Bucks can demand their Tag Title re-match on Night Two and BAM, we've got us a 3-way elimination bout for the belts. With all the bad blood between these teams, this could out-crazy the Bucks/Cutlers/Bees mayhem from "Seven". And after re-watching DDT4 again last night, I so need to see Steen dish out some payback for all the Super Kicks he ate from the Bucks in the Finals. I would probably go crazier for that than anything else all weekend! Meanwhile RockNES can get some revenge of their own on Steen for the beatdown at WrestleReunion and gain a huge victory to retain the straps.

Dude, did you read the Bucks vs. Aries/Strong match description? PWG doesn't run on "proven duos", they run on (often unlikely) matches that people find out about and get excited for.

Dammit, once again I am screwed over by ignoring the small print!
SlayJ

Postby CMPG » Fri May 13, 2011 7:23 am

2 weeks to go til ASW8!

I know this might sound silly but I think ASW8 is more stacked than Wrestlemania 27 was. Go PWG!
CMPG

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am

CMPG wrote:2 weeks to go til ASW8!

I know this might sound silly but I think ASW8 is more stacked than Wrestlemania 27 was. Go PWG!

Agreed, especially with the real strongest force in wrestling today! The PWGKliq!!!!! 8)
DjEn3rgy21

Postby drop19 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Anyone heard if DJ AC is showing up? I'm hoping for both nights.

The possibility, no matter how remote, that Mack could walk out of ASW as the champ has me really psyched.
drop19

Postby Meltman » Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 pm

drop19 wrote:The possibility, no matter how remote, that Mack could walk out of ASW as the champ has me really psyched.

Mack will most likely come out of the weekend as one of the most talked-about guys. A majority of indy fans still don't really know who he is, but PWG giving him these huge matches will get a lot of attention.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sat May 14, 2011 2:34 pm

And from there it can only get bigger. Personally I really wanna see Mack vs. Generico and Mack vs. Ricochet.
Meltman

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:37 am

Meltman wrote:And from there it can only get bigger. Personally I really wanna see Mack vs. Generico and Mack vs. Ricochet.

Mack and Generico? The Future Two Skinny Black Guys? :P The name is still in the works.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Sun May 15, 2011 11:23 am

Two Fat White Guys.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Sun May 15, 2011 11:25 am

Or El División Negro.
Meltman

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Los Hermanos Negro?
fatallylost

Postby Meltman » Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Or... Pel-Negro Abejas!

"Acceptable!"
Meltman

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

CMPG wrote:2 weeks to go til ASW8!

Considering that PWG wont cancel a match that people paid to see at the last minuite for no reason at all... yea I would definatly agree.
eastbay510

Postby Meltman » Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

If these shows take 2+ months to come out...well, fuck.
Meltman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum