PWG "Best Feuds" DVD Idea

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG "Best Feuds" DVD Idea

Postby Meltman » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:27 pm

PWG has a ton of incredible matches from years past that they're sleeping on that a lot of new folks haven't seen. I'm sure there are some PWG fans who've never seen a Super Dragon match who got into the company after he retired. Why not release some DVDs to highlight the greatest PWG has produced?

Think about it: Best of PWG: The Kevin Steen/Super Dragon Saga. Begins all the way from the 3-way where SD defends his title against Steen to the many matches they had, finally the Guerrilla Warfare match. In the middle you put in the awesome stuff with Disco Machine, Excalibur and 2 Skinny Black Guys (3-on-3, Excalibur/Dragon Guerrilla Warfare, the tag where Disco turns on SD, etc.).

Another one: Best of PWG: The Chris Hero/Human Tornado Sada. Much like SD, Tornado is retired. A lot of fans haven't seen much of his stuff I bet. This could start all the way from Tornado treating Candice badly, ends with their own Guerrilla Warfare. In the middle all the stuff with Kingston and Claudio, Necro and LuFisto, even matches related like the 5-minute Tornado vs. Candice match.

One more idea: Best of PWG: The Joey Ryan/Super Dragon Saga. IMO the best Joey ever wrestled was when he wrestled SD. This starts all the way in PWG's debut with their random matches, ends with the incredible brawl they had in 2008 (maybe it was 2009). A ton of stuff here: Ironman match, Guerrilla Warfare, the many tag matches with The Dynasty vs. SD/Davey or SD/B-Boy, etc.

This kinda stuff must be extremely easy to produce. They would sell like hotcakes. What do you think, and any more possible DVD ideas?
Meltman

Re: PWG "Best Feuds" DVD Idea

Postby ajday » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 am

Meltman wrote:This kinda stuff must be extremely easy to produce. They would sell like hotcakes. What do you think, and any more possible DVD ideas?

Not really sure how exact I am, but I remember watching a eight or nine video piece on youtube about The Dynasty vs. PWG-Unit (or whatever you want to call the band of people that had B-Boy, Super Dragon and Frankie Kazarian). I wouldn't mind seeing that being put into this feud category personally.
ajday

Postby IronMonkey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm

I'd buy all of the 3 above mentioned Dvd's IMMEDIATELY.
IronMonkey

Postby luca brasi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 pm

They could make these really special if they did some documentary-type stuff between the matches... some interviews from the people who were involved, or just there... even some comments from some OG Guerrilla fans would be cool...!
luca brasi

Postby Meltman » Tue May 17, 2011 10:22 am

Another idea: Best of DDT4.

They could do it in yearly intervals (for example Best of DDT4: 2007-2011). Pick tag matches from the first 5 tournaments.

Stuff like that. Easy to put together. All you need is a cool DVD cover.
Meltman

Postby b2u » Tue May 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Meltman wrote:Another idea: Best of DDT4.

They could do it in yearly intervals (for example Best of DDT4: 2007-2011). Pick tag matches from the first 5 tournaments.

Stuff like that. Easy to put together. All you need is a cool DVD cover.

Like the old best of Starrcade double VHS.
b2u

Postby Meltman » Wed May 18, 2011 7:02 am

Damn, nice. Never knew about that being the same format. Makes it even cooler.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed May 18, 2011 8:45 am

one idea I've always wanted to have for a DVD is PWG has a compilation of matches where the PWG titles (including the tag titles) have been defended outside of PWG
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Wed May 18, 2011 1:46 pm

^ Would that even cover more than 1 DVD? I can't think of many matches.

Another idea: compilation of all the Guerrilla Warfare matches. There's some brutal stuff a lot of people will likely not find on their own. There's been like 10 Guerrilla Warfares right?
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed May 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Meltman wrote:^ Would that even cover more than 1 DVD? I can't think of many matches.

here's a list of matches, which can be found in PWG's results page

Southern California Championship Wrestling on January 15, 2005 in Cudahy, CA

Super Dragon (c) vs. "Photogeneic" Chris Bosh

Westside Xtreme Wrestling on March 19, 2005 in Essen, Germany

Super Dragon (c) vs. El Generico

Westside Xtreme Wrestling on March 19, 2005 in Essen, Germany

Super Dragon (c) vs. "M-Dogg 20" Matt Cross vs. "Superstar" Steve Douglas

Combat Zone Wrestling on December 10, 2005 at New Alhambra Hall in Philadelphia, PA
Joey Ryan (c) vs. El Generico

Ground Zero Wrestling on July 29, 2006 in Modesto, CA

Joey Ryan (c) vs. "Photogenic" Chris Bosh

Ground Zero Wrestling on January 26, 2007 in Modesto, CA

Human Tornado (c) vs. Dana Lee

1 Pro Wrestling on June 29, 2007 at The Doncaster Dome in Doncaster, England

El Generico (c) vs. "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm

Dragon Gate on July 16, 2007 at Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor Hall in Kagawa, Japan

El Generico (c) vs. Genki Horiguchi

High Risk Wrestling on October 25, 2008 in Ontario, CA

The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) (c) vs. The Cutler Brothers (Brandon and Dustin Cutler)

Pro Wrestling Alliance: Queensland on December 19, 2008 at Beenleigh Arena in Beenleigh, Queensland, Australia

Chris Hero (c) vs. Shadow Phoenix

Pro Wrestling Alliance: Queensland on December 20, 2008 at Cleveland Assembly Hall in Cleveland, Queensland, Australia

Chris Hero (c) vs. Mason Childs

Dragon Gate "AGGRESSIVE GATE" on May 3, 2009 at Ishikawa Industrial Exhibition Center #3 in Ishikawa, Japan

The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) (c) vs. Shingo Takagi and Akira Tozawa

Pro Wrestling Superstars on October 23, 2010 at Jacksonville Commons Recreation Center in Jacksonville, FL
¡Peligro Abejas! (Paul London and El Generico) (c) vs. "Manscount" Jack Manning and Joey Silva

Mach 1 Wrestling "Slam and Jam" March 5, 2011 at the American Sports Center in Anaheim, CA
Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Johnny Goodtime

so yeah, I think that can cover a DVD, maybe the only problem is getting the rights for the footage though
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Wed May 18, 2011 7:28 pm

That's way more than I expected.

How many of those are marketable, though? The Peligro defense is on YouTube full. A lot of the intriguing ones are 100% PWG guys who likely wrestled better within PWG.

PWG should book Claudio vs. Goodtime. Goodtime is one of the best in PWG right now.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Meltman wrote:How many of those are marketable, though? The Peligro defense is on YouTube full. A lot of the intriguing ones are 100% PWG guys who likely wrestled better within PWG.

Generico's title defenses against Jonny Storm and Genki Horiguchi sounds good, the match between Bosh and Dragon was really good if I recalled, Dragon vs. Generico in Germany is awesome and was actually on Super Dragon Evolution 4 as a bonus match plus the Germany crowd in wXw is really something to behold, so the 3way match should also be promising, while Shadow Phoenix is a really awesome talent from his Chikara appearances, so his match with Hero might be promising, and Young Bucks vs. Tozawa and Shingo, you know that should be awesome
El Asian

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum