Referees

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Referees

Postby PWGLove » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 am

I'm not sure how this works but saw the post about Knox. Do referees in Indy's push to get on a promotion like TNA or WWE(I assume they do)? I never gave it much thought but does Knox appearing on Smackdown(if for sure it was him) mean he might get hired by the company. I realize he could be a wrestler or just making side cash, like I said I dont know just using him as the example but wondering now about refs and what a refs deal is. If you were a PWG ref are you hoping your skills get noticed? Do you apply for a position? I know its a dumb question but honestly never gave it thought and been a wrestling a fan a long time.
Anyone shed some light? Thanks.
PWGLove

Re: Referees

Postby luca brasi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm sure they are just like the wrestlers and would love to to get to the big leagues. But there are even fewer ref spots than wrestler spots and look how hard those are to come by. I know Tony Roma has gone to the WWE-FCW camps before. Ex WWE ref Marty Elias worked at PWG, UPW, and EWF before the big league.
And yes that was Knox on Smackdown; he put the segment up on facebook
luca brasi

Postby Endurance » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 am

Also, have you ever noticed that there are no female referees?
Endurance

Postby PWGLove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:58 am

Endurance wrote:Also, have you ever noticed that there are no female referees?

Now that you mention it yes, maybe I should change that.
PWGLove

Postby eldink » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:23 am

check out terry funk's wwf ring debut youtube....as i recall her name was mike mcgirt....she was a decent ref and i'm sure the backstage atmosphere of the wwf at that time must have been hell for her
eldink

Postby luca brasi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm

yup. and she either quit or was dismissed because of some sex harassment scandal or some shit; I can't remember exactly.
I also seem to rememer APW from NoCal having a female ref or two.
luca brasi

Postby Mr. Vegas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:07 am

The only time I can remember seeing female referees recently was at a Lucha Las Vegas show earlier this year at the Rio. But it was female wrestlers as the refs and not actual full time women referees.

Shelly Martinez was the "head" referee and Lucky O Shea and Buggy were the other referees for that night.
Mr. Vegas

Postby dingo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I know that BJW has a female ref and she has been there for a while...I am just curious does anyone know who she is?
dingo

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum