The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence on September 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence on September 10!

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm

That has to be my favorite show name in some time. Cool and stressing.
TigerDriver98

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 pm

sweet
So Cal Punk

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:20 pm

RockNES Monsters vs. SSB should be AWESOME! Although I must say seeing Mack so low on the card is a bit disappointing.
Whoblehwah

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:03 pm

yes, avalon is their. i can finally get my PPA ALL DAY shirt.
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Steen vs Davey is a BOSS main event. And the Tag Title match should be fun. I was crossing my fingers that we'd finally get the rematch between El Generico and Ricochet, but no dice. Still, I'm sure Generico/Romero will be solid. The RockNES Monsters taking on The Super Smash Bros. sounds like PWG at its most wacky fun. TJP vs Eddie will be a clinic. And the opening matches feature the usual suspects.

Overall this show feels a bit like a change of pace from all the epic "Super Card" shows recently. And I think that's a good thing. Lookin' forward to it.
SlayJ

Postby b2u » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Compared to other promotions, this is still a "Super Card".
b2u

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm

every PWG show is a "supercard". they pretty much have to do that cuz of the amount of shows they put on.
So Cal Punk

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 am

Sick I'm happy to be back for this one!!!! I can't wait!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby jboyaquar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Due to all recent champs either having been fly-ins or televised talent, I really hope PWG chooses to make the next champ(s) out of the pool of homegrown talent. It would serve as both a honor and reminder to locally based talent that PWG rewards hard work (unlike, according to Davey Richards, NOAH) and is interested in creating new stars. Out of all those, probably Rockness is the most over and deserving of a short reign that should end a couple months in to The Dynasty by nefarious means. The purpose of such a screwjob is to give a strong babyface rub to Rockness that would add to whatever momentum they would have accrued in order to gain employment elsewhere. For example, considering Johnny's gimmick, I like the idea of some sort of talent exchange where he and/or maybe others (Willie Mack) would be able to tour an Osaka Pro/DDT.
jboyaquar

Postby gcdevil » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Stacked card

great to see Davey, TJP, and Eddie Edwards back

love that Super Smash Bros. are coming in
gcdevil

The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence on September 10!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Front Row Tickets for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence Sold Out!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Santa Phoebe, CA - Just an update to those fans waiting to get their tickets for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence, Front Row tickets are now sold out! General Admission tickets are still available, but act quickly, because you don't want to be left out in the rain… well, sun, but still, you don't want to get left out of the next Pro Wrestling Guerrilla live event!

The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence takes place on Saturday, September 10 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Tickets for this event are on sale now at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tickets Page. The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky)

Singles Match
El Generico vs. Rocky "Azúcar" Romero

Singles Match
Eddie Edwards vs. TJ Perkins (TJP)

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Player Dos)

Singles Match
Willie Mack vs. Ryan Taylor

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Brian Cage-Taylor

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence takes place on Saturday, September 10, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on September 6, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:07 pm

well procrasination just kicked me in the ass. this'll be my first time buying my seat at the door. it's not that bad, right? . . . RIGHT?!?
So Cal Punk

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 am

I can't wait till this Saturday!!! I'm really interested in the Gamer Tag Team match though!!! RockNES vs Super Smash Bros.!!! That one has me compelled!!!!

Anyway I have to get my ticket at the door! But at least I know it should be a fun show!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am

LoL!! Add me to the list. I gotta buy my tix at the door as well. :mrgreen:
My first time since "As the Worm Turns".

Anyways...
Here my predictions:

Steen over Richards
The Young Bucks over The Dynasty
El Generico over Rocky Romero
RockNES Monsters over Super Smash Brothers
TJ Perkins over Eddie Edwards (Im an edwards fan, but if I had to pick one 'upset' of the night, I think it will go here.)
Willie Mack over Ryan Taylor
Brian Cage-Taylor over Peter Avalon
The_Sharpshooter

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Results

Brian Cage-Taylor over Peter Avalon

Willie Mack over Ryan Taylor

RockNES Monsters over Super Smash Brothers

Eddie Edwards over TJ Perkins

El Generico over Rocky Romero

Young Bucks over The Dynasty for the PWG Tag Titles via More Bang For Your Buck

Kevin Steen over “Jim Cornette’s Walking Wet Dream” Davey Richards for the PWG World Title via chokeout after a Package Piledriver on the apron. Young Bucks attack afterwards, and El Generico comes out for the save. He gets kicked in the balls for his trouble.

At Steen Wolf next month it'll be El Generico vs. Kevin Steen for the PWG title in a Ladder Match. Plus Ricochet will take on Chuck Taylor and the return of Los Luchas.

Lots of photos + awesome NSFW vid of Steen calling out Richards over at http://wp.me/p1rVA2-2qT
spawnsyxx9

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:37 pm

worst PWG show i've been to. that doesn't mean it was bad. the worst PWG show is still better than the best of other promotions. i had fun.
So Cal Punk

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:41 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:worst PWG show i've been to. that doesn't mean it was bad. the worst PWG show is still better than the best of other promotions. i had fun.

Really? I had a lot of fun at this show. In fact it was probably one of the funnest PWG shows I've been to and I've been going for more than 2 years. There's nothing wrong with you finding it subpar as I didn't see anything that would make it so. In fact, I'm kinda curious as to why you thought it was the worst.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:05 am

This was the worst PWG crowd by far that I've ever seen. its one thing to chant a wrestlers name, slow clap, and chant "this is awesome", but what happened last night was ridiculus. The whole night this group of people decided it would be a good idea to chant all kind of disrespectful stuff all night, trying to get themselves over and take the attention off the ring, which they were sucessful at doing. they sang the canadian anthem to Steen, then chanted "we want Hero" at him, which got Steen to start a "theirs the front door" chant. He was legit pissed off at them, and so was everyone else as we chanted "shut the fuck up" and "kick them out". I know we love to pound on the ring apron but when the young bucks are trying to run into the ring and can't get in it may be a good idea to get out of the way. and lastly I don't think the wrestlers appreciate being slapped on the ass as they enter the ring.

On a positive note it was a pretty solid show, The Super Smash Bros. looked awesome and I personally would love to see them back, as well as TJP. I don't remember much about the main event because I was angry and couldn't concentrate, but I heard other people saying it was the match of the night, Im sure it will come out good on DVD.
eastbay510

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 am

I agree with everyone so far....
Last night was not that 'great.' Probably the worst show in the last 2yrs.
Forget the crowd, the matches themselves were nothing special. With the exception of the RockNES/SuperSmash match, everything else seemed very boring and predictable. Sort of reminds me of Dio! (which is considered last year's 'weakest' show, however it was better than last night). All in all, i was disappointed. :cry:

As someone mentioned above...
A bad PWG show is still better than the best of other promotions

With that said.. . I cannot wait for the nxt show... Steen/Generico... That is going to be f'kn awesome.
STEENWOLF!!! :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:worst PWG show i've been to. that doesn't mean it was bad. the worst PWG show is still better than the best of other promotions. i had fun.

Really? I had a lot of fun at this show. In fact it was probably one of the funnest PWG shows I've been to and I've been going for more than 2 years. There's nothing wrong with you finding it subpar as I didn't see anything that would make it so. In fact, I'm kinda curious as to why you thought it was the worst.

the guys above me pretty much said it. but if you enjoyed the show awesome dude, wish i couls've enjoyed that much
So Cal Punk

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum