Shitty Cardboard dvd case.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Shitty Cardboard dvd case.

Postby PWGuru » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 am

If any of you got the new "PWG Eight" dvd you already know that HS have started to use a cheap ass cardboard case for the dvd, so i wrote HS and voiced my complaint and was told that 95% liked the new case type and they would more then likly continue that way with future dvds.

Now i'm finding that hard to believe as how can people like a case that breaks easiely and would hardly stand the hand of time so i urge all of you that feel the same like me to mail HS and tell them how you feel and lets nip this in the butt.

PWG is my favorite promotion and i have every single dvds from 04 till now and this new case really ruins my mood as a collector :(

Contack HS at: support@highspots.com
PWGuru

Re: Shitty Cardboard dvd case.

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 am

Are they like the dgusa ones? I have to get them shipped to the uk and a few got broke in transit. Mind you the artwork does look sweet.
ad.breed

Postby PWGuru » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am

Yes HS have gone DGU Copycats sadly.
PWGuru

Postby PWGuru » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:35 am

and yes mine got broken too in transit, all the taps holding the dvd itself was broken off.
PWGuru

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:47 am

Maybe it's an eco friendly thing.
ad.breed

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:50 am

I tell you what I hate. When the dvd cases don't have name of the show on the spine. That is annoying.
ad.breed

Postby PWGTickets » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

These are actually a higher quality/more expensive product than we used before. There are two extra panels with printing on them, and the printing is right on the case. They are much more professional looking than the standard DVD cases. We plan on using these for all of our releases. The name of the show is smaller, but still on the spine.
PWGTickets

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Does anyone have a picture of the new packaging? I'm a few titles behind in my PWG DVD buying...
TigerDriver98

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Does anyone have a picture of the new packaging? I'm a few titles behind in my PWG DVD buying...

My own pictures:

Showing the thickness of the spine. Obviously, the Card Subject to Change III DVD is a regular DVD case. The new Digipacks case is about half the size.

The inside cover now features a color photo of an action scene. In this case, Kevin Steen package piledriving Claudio.

Another attempt to show how thin the actual protection part of the case is.
------------------------

If the cases were just thicker, they'd be perfect. However, with how flimsy they are, they're not offering a lot of protection.
talley_1986

Postby PWGuru » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 pm

With no real way of closing it and expecting it to stay closed.
PWGuru

Postby PWGTickets » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:34 pm

This is the standard size for DVD digipaks. We understand your concerns with the size, but standard DVD cases are just as fragile since they are made of plastic. We use padded shipping envelopes to ship all of our DVD's so nobody should have any issues that aren't already associated with shipping DVD's across the country.
PWGTickets

Postby talley_1986 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 pm

PWGTickets wrote:This is the standard size for DVD digipaks. We understand your concerns with the size, but standard DVD cases are just as fragile since they are made of plastic. We use padded shipping envelopes to ship all of our DVD's so nobody should have any issues that aren't already associated with shipping DVD's across the country.

I only bought mine from Highspots, so this may be something I need to address with them, but my DVD only came in a thin white on the outside, gray on the inside plastic sleeve. Besides protecting it from any sort of spills that could happen during the shipping, it didn't offer any other support.
talley_1986

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Maybe its just a cost cutting measure. Maybe we'll see more of this with other promotions. I prefer the usual case but even thats a small preference.
Garden State Saint

Postby PWGTickets » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Again, these are more expensive for us to get made. There is more printing involved and the printing is done directly on the case, as well as shrink wrapping. They are a more professional choice, which we think will appeal to more people.
PWGTickets

Postby ad.breed » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Does look pretty.
ad.breed

Postby PWGuru » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:14 am

PWGTickets wrote:This is the standard size for DVD digipaks. We understand your concerns with the size, but standard DVD cases are just as fragile since they are made of plastic. We use padded shipping envelopes to ship all of our DVD's so nobody should have any issues that aren't already associated with shipping DVD's across the country.

That might be but with a standard plastic case people can replace it when something happens to it without any problems, i had HS send me a new case since first one got damaged in shipping and i doubt that if lets say new one breaks down the line that HS will ship me another one.

Digipack is way more easy to get bent, torn, worn etc it won't stand the test of time but okay if you feel like continuing with the new case i'll simply stop supporting PWG then cause i simply don't like the new case.

Sorry to be so harsh but thats just how i feel.
PWGuru

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:34 am

honestly, I'll continue to support on whatever PWG does and I hope PWG continues to do what's best for them instead and continues to do digipaks, since I have several DVD that use digipaks anyways, instead of listening to fans who continue to bitch about a small situation and even threatening to stop supporting the company about it plus I've actually had issues that the plastic cases in several of my DVDs (including PWG DVDs) and games have been broken and torn than my DVD that are in digipaks
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm

remember VHSs? aw, good times. i bring that up cuz the card subject to change DVD case looks so much bigger in comparison to the eight case, but a VHS would have to be way bigger. this has nothing to do with what you're talking about, just a random thought.
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

I like the new cases. They take up less room, look sharp and I like the addition of photos inside. The only thing I'd like to see improved upon is getting the DVDs out sooner after each show if possible (yeah, like you haven't heard THAT before). Regardless though, I will be a first day buyer whenever a new show is released. PWG is pretty much my Crack and I need my fix!
SlayJ

Postby PWGuru » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 am

If you guys absolutly have to use this kinda cover atleast also make a slip cover for xtra protection for it.
PWGuru

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum