Future PWG Venues/shows should be at "The Gym" in

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Future PWG Venues/shows should be at "The Gym" in

Postby pwgmaxfan » Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Wow! PWG delivers a fantastic show everytime. One thing is that it was my first time at the Gym in La Habra. Honestly, I enjoyed the area; the atmosphere was great, I found parking conviently easy and everything seemed more roomier. I like the JCC SweatBox, but I'd prefered that future PWG events happen at the Gym. PWG Representatives; please make it happen. Thank you.
pwgmaxfan

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun May 07, 2006 10:44 pm

No.
SoCalAndy

Postby onlxn » Sun May 07, 2006 11:16 pm

Yeah, I gotta vote no, as well. Admittedly I'm biased, as the Sweatbox is far closer to my house, but I just think it's a better venue for them. The cramped, shitty conditions make for hot crowds, there's easier parking and much easier access to refreshments etc., and it's more easily reached via the highways. Long live the 'Box, I say.
onlxn

Postby Prophecy » Sun May 07, 2006 11:39 pm

I gotta agree that the JCC is a better location for a lot of people. Their crowds are always great, refreshments and food are always convenient and parking isn't too bad.
Prophecy

Postby Mark of the Dragon » Mon May 08, 2006 5:15 am

Prophecy wrote:I gotta agree that the JCC is a better location for a lot of people. Their crowds are always great, refreshments and food are always convenient and parking isn't too bad.

I kind of liked the Gym. Sure it had Really Crappy Parking, an there wasn't a any Food nor Liquor store to invaide durn intermission. But the Gym had alot of room wich seemed to help defuse the Lighting. The Place also had some good accustics. wich seemed to make the action in the ring sound really Loud, But on the other hand some of the wrestlers Intro music sounded really crappy. and Dino's Promos were impossible to hear at times. they needed to spend some time before the show an dial in the Sound system. That would prob help fix those sound problems. But on the plus side, There did seem to be more cute Females at the show then normal, I'm still suffering from a bad case of lust over that little mexican girl that was sitting on the bleachers, damn she was hot.. I wouldn't mind if PWG ran the show from there again every now and then. Besides it's a-Hell-of-Alot close to my house. and the traffic on the freeway going to the JCC can be a bitch at times.
Mark of the Dragon

Postby WannaB » Mon May 08, 2006 9:26 am

The two issues at hand are proximity and refreshments.

In the future Mama Talwar will be there serving up food again, so that will take care of one issue for the most part. The other being that a lot of people have to make a drive from LA county, but me being from Orange County I enjoyed the proximity.

I don't really care one way or the other.

If they alternated between locations I'd be happy.
WannaB

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 am

Even though it's closer to my house, I hope PWG doesn't go back. Parking was horrible. Even though people shit on the JCC's parking, it's not as bad when compared to The Gym. I could easily find a place to park on the street, but at The Gym it took me a long time to get a spot. The guy who said The Gym had good acoustics is so wrong. I noticed that the sound didn't travel as well as the sound at the JCC.

In the future Mama Talwar will be there serving up food again, so that will take care of one issue for the most part.

Well that's just a small solution to a big problem. What if people don't really want to eat the stuff she sells? Or drink the drinks that are available? Just placing food out there and drinks wont fix things, as they could also sell out.

In the end, even if it's closer, I'd much rather watch a show at the JCC. The shows are much more fun there.
It's A Bomb

Postby caesaresp » Mon May 08, 2006 10:28 am

THE JCC.

The GYM was not a venue I would want to go to again. Yeah Parking is great if you get there 4 hours before the show.

No Stores with a 2 mile radius (No Food Run with in reason). No Smoking allowed outside the building (I guess those who did were lucky the Sheriff Dept Left).

The venue was too big to have the POP that makes the crowd noisy elevate.

Overall I would say.

PWG please stay with the JCC or worse case 'Frank and Sons" only a few miles away and a much better venue.
caesaresp

Postby WannaB » Mon May 08, 2006 11:45 am

It's A Bomb wrote:
In the future Mama Talwar will be there serving up food again, so that will take care of one issue for the most part.

Well that's just a small solution to a big problem. What if people don't really want to eat the stuff she sells? Or drink the drinks that are available? Just placing food out there and drinks wont fix things, as they could also sell out.

In the end, even if it's closer, I'd much rather watch a show at the JCC. The shows are much more fun there.

True.

I think PWG should try looking at other possible venues for the Orange County crowd. It would be nice to have more shows down here.
WannaB

whats wrong with you people.

Postby freehat bonch » Mon May 08, 2006 2:16 pm

i have nothing against people writing in these forums but complaining about parking and how far away the venue is, come on. And the food, cant you people go 4 hours without yoshinoya and fuji water. You're all a bunch of little girls if you ask me.
freehat bonch

Re: whats wrong with you people.

Postby shyboy13 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:36 pm

freehat bonch wrote:i have nothing against people writing in these forums but complaining about parking and how far away the venue is, come on. And the food, cant you people go 4 hours without yoshinoya and fuji water. You're all a bunch of little girls if you ask me.

I like the idea that they promoted at a different venue. I think this exposed them to a new fanbase. Many of the "regulars" were not there but I saw a bunch of new faces. I think this is a great way to expose new people to the product. I think when people complain about the parking it is because there was nowhere to park for people who didnt get there early enough. Literally. I mean, the parking is VERY limited and some people I'm sure had to go home because there was no parking. I got there about 70 minutes early and I was one of the last people to get parking. I'd say there was room for maybe 10 cars after I got there. I was lucky enough to get there on time or else I probably would have been forced to go home. In Hollywood there is always parking. If you get there late you may have to park far away but at least you will be able to park. Unless I am mistaken, I am not sure there is anywere to park around "the Gym" other than the parking lot.
shyboy13

Postby evilpaz » Mon May 08, 2006 4:59 pm

There's been a lot of complaining about parking and I think you guys only think there's parking in the front. I actually got there 10 minutes before 8 and found parking right away behind the gym.

The Gym was a cool venue for WAR, but for PWG it's kinda iffy.
evilpaz

Re: whats wrong with you people.

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon May 08, 2006 5:23 pm

freehat bonch wrote:You're all a bunch of little girls if you ask me.

Well nobody did, but thanks for sharing anyways.

There's been a lot of complaining about parking and I think you guys only think there's parking in the front. I actually got there 10 minutes before 8 and found parking right away behind the gym.

I got there around 7:15 and there was no place to park, even behind the venue.
It's A Bomb

Postby Ocire » Mon May 08, 2006 5:31 pm

We got there a few hours early so obvious there was plenty of parking. The reason we got there so early was because we had no idea what to expect... :P
Ocire

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon May 08, 2006 5:52 pm

No more OC shows, period. None. Never again. LA only.
SoCalAndy

Postby dxreydx » Mon May 08, 2006 6:24 pm

LA>OC

You can't smoke outside, bring liqour inside, and a whole bunch of OC bullshit. Yeah its 20 miles closer for me since I live in OC, but those 20 miles isn't much.

If you're a fan that cheers, screams, claps etc. You need water and food. We aren't little girls, we just want the show to look better with a hot crowd. Maybe the shitty crowd was due to lack of anyone of having food and water close by? I don't know, but I've been going to PWG shows since end of 04 and this is probaly one of the worst ones.
dxreydx

Postby evilj » Mon May 08, 2006 7:11 pm

oc>la, i got there at 7, all the spots were gone, but i parked along the side. in la, you'd haveta walk a few blocks to after you actually find a spot.

only thing was the crowd wasn't as hot.
evilj

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 pm

in la, you'd haveta walk a few blocks to after you actually find a spot.

Not even. There is plenty of parking around the side streets around the JCC, and easy parking on Sunset and across the street from the JCC on Fountain. At The Gym, if all the spots are taken, you're SOL.
SoCalAndy

Postby Ozman231 » Mon May 08, 2006 11:35 pm

I had fun at the show, didn't have problem finding parking, got there at 7:30.

The L.A. shows are a lil' too far for me to go for shows, either concerts or wrestling. i just don't drive over 1 hour to go to a show, not really worth it. PWG should have more shows over here in the non LA areas but I agree that maybe a better venue should be picked next time. I'm not complaining. Got a lot of great footage.
Ozman231

Postby Dangerous Robot » Mon May 08, 2006 11:55 pm

I wouldn't worry about any non JCC shows in the (near) future. PWG will be there to stay, unless there's another Bangles Bar Mitzvah in the cards. . .
Dangerous Robot

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum