Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 1

Postby the.devil.himself » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 am

eastbay510 wrote:you can't camp out, we couldn't even go on the property till 5, someone will probally call the cops

what do people do before 5? do they just stay in their cars or form a line on the street?
the.devil.himself

Postby jboyaquar » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:25 am

I'm going to assume Generico's mid-late September trip to the wacky world of DDT impressed the 'retired' Dick Togo or related officials so that this unexpected blessing could take place.

BTW - three of Generico's matches from that tour are up on YouTube and each unique offering provides further evidence how he's, arguably, a top 10 worker in all of professional wrestling.
jboyaquar

Postby Braeg » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:17 pm

jboyaquar wrote:I'm going to assume Generico's mid-late September trip to the wacky world of DDT impressed the 'retired' Dick Togo or related officials so that this unexpected blessing could take place.

Dick Togo was there live when Generico had his surprisingly good match with Sean Waltman at King of Trios. I could easily see that making him go "I want to work with THAT guy." If Generico wasn't the champ, I could even see him putting Togo over.
Braeg

Postby jboyaquar » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Braeg -

Good point; though there were several snafu's in the slightly over-ambitious game-plan that might ween a retiring competitor away from such a match.
Bless Chikara for bringing in the Michinoku Pro gentlemen.

I do get curious how wrestlers make it known to international companies that he/she would be interested in working for them.
Especially Japan where there's at least half a dozen organizations most gaijin indy wrestlers would love to compete for.
Then, how is it that Generico gets hooked up with DDT? (Omega - fellow Canadian, PWG veteran) I do not believe he had toured for them before (as we know, he had for D Gate)

But, coming back to my original point, perusing youtube one will find three Generico DDT matches, each with Very different opponents and very different match schemes: Kodaka - undersized daredevil, Generico on offense most of the time, Ishikawa - oversized strong style, Generico getting his ass kicked, Dino & Oishi - goofballs with, in Dino's case, overt gay overtones with Generico more than willing to goof it up - his movements are really funny in the match.

Whereas in Chikara, no matter it being a six man or singles bout - it was the same type of match.

In DDT Generico showed off the diversity of his talents and skills.
jboyaquar

Postby So Cal Punk » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 pm

a really good name for this show would've been "Astonishing X-Mas Volume 2". FEAR sounds more like the name of a CZW dvd.

not a fan of naming more than one annivercary show after the number of the anniversary either, also very CZW
So Cal Punk

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:15 pm

The name of the show doesn't matter. Fact is, fans have been wondering for YEARS IF Super Dragon would ever get back in a PWG ring and it's gonna happen on the 10th. I for one can't wait to see how he does this time. Add in Dick Togo making an appearance and you got one HELL of a card already
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm

WrestlingFanMatt wrote:The name of the show doesn't matter. Fact is, fans have been wondering for YEARS IF Super Dragon would ever get back in a PWG ring and it's gonna happen on the 10th. I for one can't wait to see how he does this time. Add in Dick Togo making an appearance and you got one HELL of a card already

agreed, regaurdless of the name of the show PWG fucking more than delivers
So Cal Punk

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:23 am

Spoiler: show
Judging by the latest ROH tapings it looks like The American Wolves are gonna start feuding, could Fear be the last time they team up?
eastbay510

Postby ajday » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 am

eastbay510 wrote:
Judging by the latest ROH tapings it looks like The American Wolves are gonna start feuding, could Fear be the last time they team up?

With the way they draw together as a team, I doubt it will be something we see the end of in PWG. I mean hell, we still want to see American Wolves vs. Murder City Machine Guns when Sabin gets healthy. Never know though. Anything is possible.
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 am

ajday wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

With the way they draw together as a team, I doubt it will be something we see the end of in PWG. I mean hell, we still want to see American Wolves vs. Murder City Machine Guns when Sabin gets healthy. Never know though. Anything is possible.

I agree that the Wolves are awesome, but it would be a little weird if they are friends in one promotion and foes in another
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

I don't think it matters if ROH does end up breaking up the American Wolves to PWG since ROH doesn't run shows on TV or live anymore anyways plus its not like PWG was gonna stop the American Wolves from teaming together like I'm sure PWG was still gonna have the Motor City Machine Guns team together in PWG just as TNA was about to break them up and the only reason TNA didn't break up the Motor City Machine Guns was because Alex Shelley and then Chris Sabin ended up getting injured anyways
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:58 pm

people feud in one promotion & team in other promotions all the time. it's like being a heel in one & a face in another.
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm

another great name would've been "X-Mas Origins: Super Dragon"
So Cal Punk

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Only 30 more days to go!!!
The Franchise13

Postby DuckyChaos » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm going to have to complete avoid any PWG news until the DVD gets released come December 10. Want to avoid any spoilers until I can see the show myself.
DuckyChaos

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:28 pm

DuckyChaos wrote:I'm going to have to complete avoid any PWG news until the DVD gets released come December 10. Want to avoid any spoilers until I can see the show myself.

that's when the show is, not the dvd release.
So Cal Punk

Postby DuckyChaos » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:11 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
DuckyChaos wrote:I'm going to have to complete avoid any PWG news until the DVD gets released come December 10. Want to avoid any spoilers until I can see the show myself.

Yea I know, I meant i'm avoiding any PWG news after Dec 10 until I get the DVD.
DuckyChaos

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 pm

DuckyChaos wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:

Yea I know, I meant i'm avoiding any PWG news after Dec 10 until I get the DVD.

probably the best way to avoid spoilers for a few months before the DVD comes out is to avoid every wrestling message board or any type of social media that talks about pro wrestling, even the ones that talk about mainly WWE, might end up spoiling things

now, in honor of the main event, here's a music video from awhile back that went through the history of the Kevin Steen and Super Dragon, which all came to an end in December coincidentally enough in a Guerrilla Warfare match

El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:another great name would've been "X-Mas Origins: Super Dragon"

This idea...this idea I like.
Garden State Saint

Postby DuckyChaos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 pm

El Asian wrote:probably the best way to avoid spoilers for a few months before the DVD comes out is to avoid every wrestling message board or any type of social media that talks about pro wrestling, even the ones that talk about mainly WWE, might end up spoiling things

now, in honor of the main event, here's a music video from awhile back that went through the history of the Kevin Steen and Super Dragon, which all came to an end in December coincidentally enough in a Guerrilla Warfare match

This is the first wrestling message board i've visited since I was in highschool and the only wrestling website I usually visit is 411mania which isn't big on PWG news. I'll just have to avoid here and Twitter or something :lol:

Nice video, i've read about the Steen/Dragon stuff, but hadn't actually seen any of it.
DuckyChaos

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum