WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:47 am

I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.

What in the blue hell are you talking about, the American Males' is 2nd best theme OF ALL TIME! It's second only to this...
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Okay, the list of people showing up this year is getting crazier and crazier (in a good way). Here's the rundown so far:

VIP Guests (Final List)
Mick Foley
Kevin Von Erich
Rick and Scott Steiner
The New Age Outlaws of Billy Gunn and BJ James
Big Van Vader
The Great Sasuke
Harry Smith
The Godfather
Tommy Dreamer
Mikey Whipwreck
Carlos Colon
Kevin Sullivan
Maryse
Molly Holly
Nitro Girl Spice

Couresty of HighSpots.com
Fit Finlay
Fifi The Maid
Miss Tessmacher

Courtesy of RF Video
Chavo Guerrero Jr (turns out the India trip won't conflict after all)
Tori
Konnan
Honkey Tonk Man
Yoshihiro Tajiri

Courtesy of Arena Chicks
Shelly Martinez
Amber O'Neal
Angel Orsini

Courtesy of American Icons and Autographs
Lenny Poffo
Larry Zbyszko
Greg Valentine
Brutus Beefcake
Abdullah The Butcher

Courtesy of Scott Epstein
Billy Graham
Rosita

Courtesy of MEXPX
Kris Kloss
Supreme
Messiah

Other Vendor Guests
Robbie E
Raven
Virgil
Dark Journey

Plus Jimmy Hart, who along with Bill Apter is a WrestleReunion Ambassador, and whomever will show up for the Celebration of Los Angeles Wrestling History program.
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Jesse Hernandez, who trained a number of PWG guys (including, but not limited to, Candice LaRae, Brandon Gatson, Peter Avalon, and Ryan Taylor), will be present at the "Celebration of Los Angeles Wrestling History" program that only VIP ticket-holders can attend on the first day. I don't know how much longer he will stick around for, but it would be neat he was involved in KRIII in some capacity so we can say thanks.

he was at Fear, he sat next to the sound guy.
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Young Bucks & AR Fox vs. Ronin is the reason why I'll buy that iPPV.

is the DGUSA show an iPPV?
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
Lord Akiyama wrote:Jesse Hernandez, who trained a number of PWG guys (including, but not limited to, Candice LaRae, Brandon Gatson, Peter Avalon, and Ryan Taylor), will be present at the "Celebration of Los Angeles Wrestling History" program that only VIP ticket-holders can attend on the first day. I don't know how much longer he will stick around for, but it would be neat he was involved in KRIII in some capacity so we can say thanks.

he was at Fear, he sat next to the sound guy.


Ah. I did not know that. Good to know.
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.

What in the blue hell are you talking about, the American Males' is 2nd best theme OF ALL TIME! It's second only to this...

Haha, epic win my friend, but you get what im saying right? Im just not a fan of their world champ coming out to Rich Swann's bad beat boxing. Its hard to get a good pop to no entrance music, expecially with an unfamillier crowd.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:16 am

I may be wrong because I have not seen the recent iPPVs, but I understand their theme is now "Don't Die Digging" by The Graduate with Rich's "Ronin Baby!" mixed in at the beginning. I heard this was the case from somewhere and Swann may have confirmed it on a Twitter post. *shrugs*
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.


Why does everybody but me forget the Right to Censor entrance theme?
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.


Why does everybody but me forget the Right to Censor entrance theme?

eh, they were heels it worked.
JOIN THE SWARM BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
User avatar
So Cal Punk
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Okay, here's a name coming to the convention that I highly doubt any one expected.

MIKE TYSON
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Meltman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.

I'm sure as people are flying around the crowd will still be unamusedly fixated on a song they heard 30 seconds of.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:34 am

so no ICP this year?? also have any matches for the DGUSA show been announced??
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:so no ICP this year?? also have any matches for the DGUSA show been announced??


Guess you haven't skimmed through this thread to see that matches have been announced. But no matter, I'm more than happy to re-post what they have so far:

Open The United Gate Championship
CIMA and Ricochet © vs. Masaaki Mochizuki and Jimmy Susumu

Akira Tozawa vs. PAC

Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Ronin of Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor, and Rich Swann vs. AR Fox and The Young Bucks of Matt and Nick Jackson

BxB Hulk vs. Sami Callihan

Plus Jon Davis and Caleb Konley will be wrestling on the show as well.

---

The Young Bucks are being allowed back to DGUSA because they are not under an exclusivity contract with ROH, so they're free to go wherever they please. This is similar to what Bryan Danielson had before going to WWE.
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

Fuck yeah! Jon Davis is gonna be on the Dragon Gate show!!!
eastbay510
 
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:I really hope Ronin has a new theme song, the "song" they have now is probally the 2nd worst theme in the history of wrestling (the first being the American Males) I love Ronin but with a crowd that may not nessisarly be famillier with them i hope people dont hold that against them.


Why does everybody but me forget the Right to Censor entrance theme?

eh, they were heels it worked.


In that case I nominate the Men on a Mission theme.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby SlayJ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm not certain what the status is with Sabu and DGUSA, but I would love to see him come in and do a match or two at the convention. And If I could somehow get a picture taken with Abdullah, Kevin Sullivan, Cactus & Sabu at the same time that shit would be framed and on my wall (even if it freaks out the ladies)! Those are four of my favorite old school hardcore guys of all-time. But hell, even just seeing the three guys already announced is cool. Two weeks!
SlayJ
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Gabe has no plans for Sabu in LA, so he's not coming through DGUSA.
Image

"Jeff Hardy would no show his own sex tape."
-Random Fan
User avatar
Lord Akiyama
 
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:12 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Okay, here's a name coming to the convention that I highly doubt any one expected.

MIKE TYSON

highly doubt this will ever happen but I want to see Super Dragon vs. Mike Tyson :twisted:
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:so no ICP this year?? also have any matches for the DGUSA show been announced??


Guess you haven't skimmed through this thread to see that matches have been announced. But no matter, I'm more than happy to re-post what they have so far:

Open The United Gate Championship
CIMA and Ricochet © vs. Masaaki Mochizuki and Jimmy Susumu

Akira Tozawa vs. PAC

Masato Yoshino vs. Naruki Doi

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Ronin of Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor, and Rich Swann vs. AR Fox and The Young Bucks of Matt and Nick Jackson

BxB Hulk vs. Sami Callihan

Plus Jon Davis and Caleb Konley will be wrestling on the show as well.

---

The Young Bucks are being allowed back to DGUSA because they are not under an exclusivity contract with ROH, so they're free to go wherever they please. This is similar to what Bryan Danielson had before going to WWE.


thank you akiyama, i figured this thread was about ideas not the actual line up. for the line up i kept looking at the DGUSA and wrestle reunion websites and had no luck. the line up pleases me

towzawa
mochi
gargano
swan
hulk
callihan
fox
are all guys i've never seen live and look forward to. kind of disappointed no yamato or cyber kong though.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests