Tag Team Lucha Rules??

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: Tag Team Lucha Rules??

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 am

Meltman wrote:But the fact that people don't question how matches go in tags means the implied change is worthless.


Because people don’t object or question the change doesn’t mean it’s worthless, it just means they don’t have a problem. Not every change of worth must be celebrated or protested.

So you think it's a positive move to make a change that barely anyone will notice? And you think it's a good idea because, overall, the tag formula would be the same but with a different name? What does any of that accomplish?


Yes and I already answered what it accomplishes(the rules coinciding with the matches)

And this is what it comes down to. It would be a gimmicky thing, as I said. Gimmicky/marketable. If someone sees a tag listed as "Lucha Rules" it might entice them more, but after 1 show even it would become an afterthought. Imagine the most recent PWG show but all the tags were "Lucha Rules"...but even as you admit, the matches basically stay the same. Nobody advances, in fact some might shun PWG for having taken a gimmick under their wing after being a rather "pure" fed for so long.


Gimmicky yes, but “too gimmicky” no.

Colt Banana wrote:I'm pretty sure Chikara already has the rules and I don't think there's a need for 2 companies to do it full time.


Chikara has 2 of 3 falls for their tag titles.

luca brasi wrote:so this all brings up a good point/question: does it bother you PWG fans when the tag rule (who is legal?) is not enforced?
Does the match lose credibility when the inevitable "break down" that happens in almost every single tag team match occurs, and falls are counted on wrestlers who are not "legal?"
Lets hear everyone's thoughts.


Now the brass and tacks. When I attend a live show, no I don’t care. I get so caught up in the moment I really don’t notice. But to be 100% honest on DVD yes it does bother me a little. It doesn’t ruin the match but I do start to wonder why they even bother tagging after awhile.

Meltman wrote:So the crowd cheering the Taylors over Famous B and Kadillak now means their roles in the future will be reversed? Or is it fucking stupid to do on the crowd's part because each wrestler already has an assigned role? Hint: It's the latter.


I don’t think that’s fucking stupid. Personally I just cheer for whatever wrestler or team I like better. I’m not getting paid so I don’t feel the need to play a role. i don't boo the faces though because i don't dislike any of them.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Re: Tag Team Lucha Rules??

Postby Meltman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:Because people don’t object or question the change doesn’t mean it’s worthless, it just means they don’t have a problem. Not every change of worth must be celebrated or protested.

If changes are not to be celebrated or protested, then what is the point of said change? What's the point? Complete empathy is not a good sign for an experiment. Your argument is that because the crowd doesn't care it should happen; mine is that because they don't care it shouldn't. And yet we both acknowledge that the crowd wouldn't give a shit. So who's right, really?

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:Yes and I already answered what it accomplishes(the rules coinciding with the matches)

It only coincides with the last minutes of a tag match when everything breaks down. PWG tags are usually standard up until the finishing stretch. The only difference would be a lack of physical tags. So on top of being a change nobody acknowledges, it's a rule that might even ruin the standard match formula.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:Gimmicky yes, but “too gimmicky” no.

For a fed like PWG who only have one trademark kind of match and have only had 2 ladder matches in 9 years, I do think this shit is too gimmicky.

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:I don’t think that’s fucking stupid. Personally I just cheer for whatever wrestler or team I like better. I’m not getting paid so I don’t feel the need to play a role. i don't boo the faces though because i don't dislike any of them.

You don't understand my point.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: Tag Team Lucha Rules??

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:31 am

Meltman wrote: If changes are not to be celebrated or protested, then what is the point of said change? What's the point?


I’ve already answered this too many times, please stop asking.

Complete empathy is not a good sign for an experiment. Your argument is that because the crowd doesn't care it should happen; mine is that because they don't care it shouldn't. And yet we both acknowledge that the crowd wouldn't give a shit. So who's right, really?


I not actually arguing, I’m pretty much just answering your questions.

I don’t really think anybody is right or wrong as we’re just giving our thoughts but if I had to choose I would say that I’m right

It only coincides with the last minutes of a tag match when everything breaks down. PWG tags are usually standard up until the finishing stretch. The only difference would be a lack of physical tags. So on top of being a change nobody acknowledges, it's a rule that might even ruin the standard match formula.


If every match is pretty much the same formula they way you seem to be suggesting I think it’s even more reason for a change. And it only would differ from the standard tag match formula as much as the wrestlers want it too. If they want they work the xact same match and the only difference would be the legal man would make the pin every time. i really can't see how that would ruin anything.

Also it’s not always the last few minutes. I was watching BOLA the other day and right at the beginning of the match scorpio & joey changed w/o any tag. Before the match was over the crowd was chanting “who is legal”

For a fed like PWG who only have one trademark kind of match and have only had 2 ladder matches in 9 years, I do think this shit is too gimmicky.


That’s cool, I disagree though.
L bo is the name, in ya mouf4sho
LBOinyamouf4sho
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:14 am

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests