Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby TelkEvolon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:So ROH is bringing in a few up'n'comers on friday, and their bringing in the team of Mikey Nickells and Shane Haste. I did some research and saw they had a couple matches in NOAH and looked really impressive, then I found out Haste had a couple of matches in PWG. Im not saying bring them in but Im wondering how he looked in his PWG stuff, cause he looked pretty damn impressive from what I saw.

that's TMDK, right? they were at the last nwa hollywood tapings. had some of the best matches that night.

I believe I saw that on their trunks, what does TMDK stand for?

The Mighty Don't Kneel

Nicholls has been in PWG before.

I'd like to see Generico vs Super Dragon, Generico vs Ricochet and Steen vs Ricochet.
TelkEvolon

Postby TelkEvolon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

TelkEvolon wrote:I'd like to see Generico vs Super Dragon, Generico vs Ricochet and Steen vs Ricochet.

Yeah, that'd be badass, I'd also like to see Generico vs PAC and Generico vs Tozawa.

Those are four Generico matches I'd love to see.
TelkEvolon

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 pm

TelkEvolon wrote:
TelkEvolon wrote:I'd like to see Generico vs Super Dragon, Generico vs Ricochet and Steen vs Ricochet.

Yeah, that'd be badass, I'd also like to see Generico vs PAC and Generico vs Tozawa.

The match I really want to see is Generico vs. Chuck Taylor vs. Ricochet, but. Besides that I also want to see Generico vs. Uno, Generico vs. Mack, Generico vs. Davey, Generico vs. Cole, and Generico vs. O'Reilly... I really hope his title reign lasts for at least a year.
eastbay510

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:31 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
TelkEvolon wrote:

The match I really want to see is Generico vs. Chuck Taylor vs. Ricochet, but. Besides that I also want to see Generico vs. Uno, Generico vs. Mack, Generico vs. Davey, Generico vs. Cole, and Generico vs. O'Reilly... I really hope his title reign lasts for at least a year.

then it all ends with Generico vs Mack :mrgreen:
So Cal Punk

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 am

eastbay510 wrote:So ROH is bringing in a few up'n'comers on friday, and their bringing in the team of Mikey Nickells and Shane Haste. I did some research and saw they had a couple matches in NOAH and looked really impressive, then I found out Haste had a couple of matches in PWG. Im not saying bring them in but Im wondering how he looked in his PWG stuff, cause he looked pretty damn impressive from what I saw.

Haste even has a win in PWG. They were going to push him big but he left the country.

Also Nicholls had a match vs. Scott Lost several years back. Cool little match. Those 2 guys are def impressive (especially Haste), I'd love to see them in PWG again.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 am

So here are the specific matches these guys had in PWG:

Mikey Nicholls

- Scott Lost vs. Mikey Nicholls (June 8, 2008) Damn near 4 years ago this happened.
- TJ Hooker vs. Mikey Nicholls & Charles Mercury (July 6, 2008)

Shane Haste

- Shane Haste vs. Human Tornado vs. LTP vs. Charles Mercury (August 28, 2009) Almost 3 years ago.
- Shane Haste, Johnny Goodtime & LTP vs. The Cutlers & Charles Mercury vs. CK Jackson & Los Luchas (September 4, 2009)
- Shane Haste vs. LTP vs. Charles Mercury vs. Dustin Cutler (BOLA Qualifier, October 2, 2009)
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 am

Hard to believe Super Dragon vs. El Generico has never happened in a singles match in PWG.
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Meltman wrote:

Haste even has a win in PWG. They were going to push him big but he left the country.

Also Nicholls had a match vs. Scott Lost several years back. Cool little match. Those 2 guys are def impressive (especially Haste), I'd love to see them in PWG again.

I don't think they would fly guys that are mostly unknown all the way from Austrillia, but if they are in the states, I would love to see them get a chance, finding out about new talent is one of my favorite things about wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby rohgenextfan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Hard to believe Super Dragon vs. El Generico has never happened in a singles match in PWG.

They provided a tease for the match after the main event at Kurt RusselReunion 3 with the two having a stand-off.
rohgenextfan

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
Meltman wrote:

I don't think they would fly guys that are mostly unknown all the way from Austrillia, but if they are in the states, I would love to see them get a chance, finding out about new talent is one of my favorite things about wrestling.

they already come here for nwa hollywood.
So Cal Punk

Postby fatallylost » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 am

I know Haste used to work pretty regular for EWF. But I would imagine it depends on how much time he spends out here before he goes home.
fatallylost

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 am

I know there are not very many storylines in PWG, but I would love to see Willie Mack in some sort of blood feud. He can wrestle some hardcore matches, get some promo time, make him look like even more of a badass. That way he is also kept away from the PWG Title for the time being, I want him to be the next champ, but I hope its not for a while, there are a lot of Generico matches I want to see first.
eastbay510

Postby KickToKill » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I'd like to see some Super Dragon merch
KickToKill

Postby KickToKill » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 pm

KickToKill

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 am

KickToKill wrote:Image

Fuck yeah. I haven't worn mine in like 3 years because it's got armpit holes now.

They really fucked up by not re-releasing any SD stuff. He's still kinda got a buzz, I understand PWG is relatively lazy but this is so obvious. People would kill for SD merch.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Always regretted not buying that shirt back in the day.
Garden State Saint

Postby I Am Hollywood » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:42 am

I know this is about 6 months thinking in advance, but I would love if PWG decided to run All Star Weekend or Battle of Los Angeles the weekend of Summerslam in August. I feel like that would help entice a lot of people to make a trip to LA that weekend.
I Am Hollywood

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 pm

It wouldn't hurt as SummerSlam is becoming more and more of a fan weekend.
Garden State Saint

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:29 pm

I Am Hollywood wrote:I know this is about 6 months thinking in advance, but I would love if PWG decided to run All Star Weekend or Battle of Los Angeles the weekend of Summerslam in August. I feel like that would help entice a lot of people to make a trip to LA that weekend.

yes, this would be nice & all star weekend seems perfect for it.
So Cal Punk

Postby El Asian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:42 pm

I agree with the idea of PWG running a show during SummerSlam weekend since its probably most likely WWE won't be running a WrestleMania in LA for a long time and since SummerSlam has been in LA every year since 2009, might as well take advantage of that WWE has the Fan Axxess during that week as well, as long as DGUSA and ROH decide not to run a show those weekend besides they got fucking WrestleMania weekend every damn year anyways
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum