BOLA lineup

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

BOLA lineup

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Who do you guys wanna see in BOLA this year? Im hoping Its 16 people again this year, this is my line up.

Kevin Steen
El Generico
Eddie Edwards
Adam Cole
Kyle O'Reilly
Roderick Strong
Willie Mack
Ricochet
Chuck Taylor
Player Uno
Player Dos
Sami Callihan
AR Fox
Johnny Gargano
Michael Elgin
Peter Avalon
eastbay510

Re: BOLA lineup

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 pm

I liked the one-night 8-man from last year with bonus matches between rounds. 8 first round matches won't get a lot of time to tell a proper story in the ring, even if it's spread over 2 nights.
Itchypanda

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Having 16 people gives it that march madness feel where you have no idea who will win... I think everyone knew Steen and Generico would be in the finals last year
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I think Willie Mack may win it this year. It's all in the presentation for me.
Itchypanda

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 am

If Strong is in then it's gotta be his year.
Garden State Saint

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:11 am

Itchypanda wrote:I think Willie Mack may win it this year. It's all in the presentation for me.

Garden State Saint wrote:If Strong is in then it's gotta be his year.

I agree with Itchypand that Mack may win this year, however I would not mind Strong winning.
Roderick is long overdue for a BOLA' win & a PWG title run. It would be cool to see these two in the finals..
They both have a win each and rubber match at BOLA' would be awesome. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby b2u » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:05 am

I think 12 is better. Night 1 has six matches plus two non-tourny matches. Night 2 has four tourny matches with the semis and the three way final. I think Strong wins this year too. Mack will be in the final for sure with I don't know who yet. Maybe Kyle o Reily? Or Davey?

My 12:
Roddy
Mack
Davey
Cole
O Reily
Steen
Generico
Finlay
Edwards
Callihan
Ricochet
Chuck Taylor
b2u

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Mostly I just want to see Johnny Gargano, him vs. Edwards is the match I want to see most out of any two guys in the indys.
eastbay510

Postby So Cal Punk » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:I agree with Itchypand that Mack may win this year, however I would not mind Strong winning.
Roderick is long overdue for a BOLA' win & a PWG title run. It would be cool to see these two in the finals..

I agree with this
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
The_Sharpshooter wrote:I agree with Itchypand that Mack may win this year, however I would not mind Strong winning.

I agree with this

Strong vs. Mack would be a suitable finals to me. Strong either has to win BOLA this year or the PWG strap before the year is out.
Garden State Saint

Postby camstun187 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:48 am

I dunno guys.....think Mack has the stamina/cardio to wrestle 3 quality matches?

I agree with Strong. A guy like him holding the title in PWG will guarantee fresh mains.
camstun187

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 am

camstun187 wrote:I dunno guys.....think Mack has the stamina/cardio to wrestle 3 quality matches?

I agree with Strong. A guy like him holding the title in PWG will guarantee fresh mains.

I believe Mack can have 3 qualtiy matches. Last year he wrestled twice in 1 night at BOLA (both against Hero & Generico) and despite the loss in the 2nd round, he looked good enough after the match to probably go one more if it was necessary.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 pm

my pick to win BOLA this year is Mack as well though I do agree Strong should get a title run soon

though I do hope at times that BOLA is the 3 night and 24 participants but probably will be 16 participants and 2 nights again, which is fine, my hopeful 16

1. Willie Mack
2. Roderick Strong
3. El Generico
4. Kevin Steen
5. Sami Callihan
6. Super Dragon
7. Eddie Edwards
8. Chuck Taylor
9. Ricochet
10. Scorpio Sky
11. Akira Tozawa
12. Kenny Omega
13. Eddie Kingston
14. Joey Ryan
15. Michael Elgin

and for the 16th participant, I would like for PWG to do a special match where certain wrestlers win a match to earn a spot in BOLA during some other show, something they did in 2009 I believe, this time a 4way between Peter Avalon, Famous B, Chris Kadillak, and Ray Rosas
El Asian

Postby tristanj13 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:58 pm

I'd like to throw out an idea I've had the past few years. Now that Summerslam is happening in LA every August, I think PWG should capitalize on this by running their biggest show of the year, BOLA, that weekend. It could be Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday if it's a one nighttorunament again this time. It'd capitalize on all the extra wrestling fans in town that weekend...could even possibly run a bigger venue than Reseda.
tristanj13

Postby camstun187 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:44 pm

and yes, Kingston and Elgin would make two welcome, WELCOME additions to the tourney. Man, KIngston without a Hero to worry about in PWG would be great.
camstun187

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 pm

tristanj13 wrote:I'd like to throw out an idea I've had the past few years. Now that Summerslam is happening in LA every August, I think PWG should capitalize on this by running their biggest show of the year, BOLA, that weekend. It could be Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday if it's a one nighttorunament again this time. It'd capitalize on all the extra wrestling fans in town that weekend...could even possibly run a bigger venue than Reseda.

I like how your thinking
ShadowMaster

Postby rohgenextfan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:16 pm

I pick Callihan. I think Callihan cheating his way to the belt and having Mack chase after it could make for a good story. Then again, I know very little about Callihan.
rohgenextfan

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 am

tristanj13 wrote:I'd like to throw out an idea I've had the past few years. Now that Summerslam is happening in LA every August, I think PWG should capitalize on this by running their biggest show of the year, BOLA, that weekend. It could be Friday and Saturday, or just Saturday if it's a one nighttorunament again this time. It'd capitalize on all the extra wrestling fans in town that weekend...could even possibly run a bigger venue than Reseda.

How about you have it the week after SummerSlam and just flyer the hell out of the Staples Center?
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:

How about you have it the week after SummerSlam and just flyer the hell out of the Staples Center?

that could work but PWG already has good enough word of mouth anyways and the fact there's probably a good chance fans are flying to LA for SummerSlam, would probably leave the day after and plus maybe a few certain PWG alumni and possibly other PWG fans that would probably work SummerSlam visit a PWG show to see some old friends, personally, I think All Star Weekend would technically work better since you could showcase the best on what PWG has to offer for a SummerSlam weekend than BOLA, though having a BOLA during SummerSlam weekend isn't a bad idea either

also, flyers are a terrible idea as PWG cares about the Earth :mrgreen:
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 am

El Asian wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:

that could work but PWG already has good enough word of mouth anyways and the fact there's probably a good chance fans are flying to LA for SummerSlam, would probably leave the day after and plus maybe a few certain PWG alumni and possibly other PWG fans that would probably work SummerSlam visit a PWG show to see some old friends, personally, I think All Star Weekend would technically work better since you could showcase the best on what PWG has to offer for a SummerSlam weekend than BOLA, though having a BOLA during SummerSlam weekend isn't a bad idea either

also, flyers are a terrible idea as PWG cares about the Earth :mrgreen:

It's worth the trade off to expand such a great company.
Garden State Saint

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum