DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 pm

just got my ticket at the last second. procrastination ftw!!!
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Matt Flash wrote:Kevin Steen vs. Hologram Tupac?

Kevin Steen vs Hologram Chris Beniot
So Cal Punk

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 pm

b2u wrote:
El Asian wrote:personally, I'm still hoping Steen defends the title against the zombie Abraham Lincoln

You mean "Zombie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? Yeah I hope so too.

plus Abraham Lincoln probably invented the Chokeslam

El Asian

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Kevin Steen vs Hologram Chris Beniot[/quote]

A run-in by a Hologram autistic child that Chris Benoit will murde...nevermind.
Itchypanda

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:just got my ticket at the last second. procrastination ftw!!!

Nice , my buddy who's gonna be the DD for the night for me and my other buddys watched he's first PWG dvd today and was bummed that he didn't take advantage of me getting him a ticket for DDT 4 . His exact words were " I thought it was gonna be some WWE Bullshit I didn't know it was ECW 98 with way better wrestling " . So bummer for him he's gonna have to wait in line and try to score a ticket .
ShadowMaster

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 pm

El Asian wrote:
b2u wrote:
El Asian wrote:personally, I'm still hoping Steen defends the title against the zombie Abraham Lincoln

You mean "Zombie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? Yeah I hope so too.

plus Abraham Lincoln probably invented the Chokeslam

Ahahahahahahaha That's fucking Legit!

I'm all for the Chris Benoit Hologram or an Owen Hart.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby rohgenextfan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm

My guess - Callihan turns on Strong and calls out Steen.
rohgenextfan

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:02 am

After working over 50 hours this week including 30 in 2 days today is finally here , so many great match's already set and with the mystery surrounding Steen's challenger tonight really making tonight an epic one .
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 pm

someone can give results later but SSB wins DDT4 and Steen vs Callihan tonight
El Asian

Postby eldink » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 am

Ssb future shock.......match of a lifetime candidate.
eldink

Postby SlayJ » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:18 am

So yeah, it's 3:30 a.m. and I just got back down to San Diego and secured me some Mexican food to satiate my drunken hunger. Really quick, DDT4 2012 was a fantastic show!!!! This was probably the most "steady" show that PWG has put on in quite awhile. It was steady in that every match placed somewhere between *** and ****1/4 (at least to my eyes). And the fans were great all night long. Only one douche comment that I can recall and Kevin Steen squashed the guy quickly. Anyhow, off to bed for me. I just want to say THANK YOU to PWG for another GREAT night of Pro Wrestling. More thoughts later.
SlayJ

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 am

Moonsaults !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShadowMaster

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 am

Hands down the best live wrestling show I've attended. SSB vs. Future Shock will likely be a MOTY contender. Watching these 2 teams vying for the PWG tag belts will be fun in 2012.
Itchypanda

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 am

Awesome F'kn show!!! All I can say is, WoW!!
Didn't thinks SSB was going to get passed the 1st round, let alone win the whole damn thing :shock:
SSB & Future Shock f'kn ROCK!!!

Here are the results from last night:

Spoiler: show
RockNES Monsters DEFEATED The Fightin' Taylor Boys
Future Shock DEFEATED The Dynasty
EL Generico & Wille Mack DEFEATED Roderick Strong & Sami Callihan
Super Smash Brothers DEFEATED The Young Bucks

EL Generico & Willie Mack DEFEATED RockNES Monsters
Super Smash Brothers DEFEATED Future Show (candidate for Match of The Year)

PWG CHAMPIONSHIP
Kevin Steen DEFEATED Sami Callihan

DDT4 FINALS
Super Smash Brothers DEFEATED EL Generico & Willie Mack
The_Sharpshooter

Postby b2u » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 am

RockNES/Taylors-***3/4, Brian-Cage is fucking machine. That moonsault he did was for sure moonsault of the night, sorry SSB and Willie Mack fans. I thought the Taylors were actually more over than RockNES.

Future Shock/Dynsaty-***1/4, Hot right out the gate and creative spots.

Back Breaking Fucks/2 Husky Black Guys-***3/4, Once we heard Mack and Generico's team name they got even more over with the crowd if that was even possible. Great tag match. Strong and Callihan blended well together. More gang signs than I expected but hey, its PWG. Callihan challenged Steen afterward like most of us expected.

Bucks/SSB-***3/4, Shock of the night, considering SSB pinned the bucks in the 3 way tag last month. I had a feeling though considering that Bucks made the finals three years straight. It's a nice change of pace.

RockNES/2 Husky Black Guys-***1/2Crowd was split, more towards the Husky Black Guys. Really good as you'd expect. Even more gang signs. Finish saw RockNES going for the finish on Mack but Mack reversed Yuma into the Chocolate Thunder Driver. Shock to me because RockNES were my pick.

SSB/Future Shock-****1/4, Absolutely match of the night. Another fresh match up, one I thought had to eventually happen in PWG. This did not disappoint. Crowd was split of course, but by the end of the match everyone wanted SSB to win. One great highlight was the double guillotine choke by Future Shock, both Uno and Stupified reversed them but Future Shock reversed them back and put the hold back on. Plus, great crowd interaction by both teams. "Evil Uno" may or may not be a new shirt.

Sami/Steen-***3/4, Felt like this was the first match in a series. Steen alluded to a possible rivalry with Callihan after this. Callihan was about 75 percent though from the tough tag earlier in the night. Still crazy brawl as we'd expect. One highlight was Steen doing his usual powerbomb on the apron but did it two times in a row. Steen wore Callihans jacket for half the match and some of the crowd started singing "Fat Guy in a Little Coat", which of course is also a reference to Callihans name orgin (Tommy Boy). It's weird seeing Steen only wrestle once on a show against a guy who is wrestling twice on the show. Its usually the other way around.

The Finals-****, Split crowd. Crazy dives, crazy spots. In the end though, SSB finished Generico and won the tournament. I loved how both teams sold how hurt they already were. Dos was holding his neck since the match against Future Shock and Uno was holding his ribs too. Generico and Mack seemed like they were hurting too, which is great storytelling elements you get from tournaments, especially one night tournaments. Bucks came out, challenged Steen/Dragon saying they were the real winners of DDT4 and it wouldn't be a true finals without a Bucks appearance. Steen accepted. So it seems like even though SSB are now #1 contender's, Bucks get their rematch first.

Excellent show as usual. Some other notes:
-Generico is now selling Mask Key Chains, only ten bucks, sweet deal.
-Nigel was there. Everyone came up to talk to him. I wanted to give him money, but only had enough left for beer and tacos from the truck. Plus, he made his budget anyway.
-All four face teams made the final four. First time all faces in the final four to my knowledge. Crowd didn't know who to root for. It was kind of a unique atmosphere because usually any team against the Bucks draws a big baby face reaction, but there were no Bucks to draw heat from.
b2u

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am

Gillian Jacobs (Britta from Community) was in the second row for the first half of the show.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Gillian Jacobs (Britta from Community) was in the second row for the first half of the show.

as was Hayley Williams from the band. Paramore as well
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:59 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Moonsaults !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck that shit with a spiky dildo! that is one chant i hope doesn't continue. the actual moonsaults were great though.
So Cal Punk

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 pm

That guy had a good thing going, and he killed it last night. Used sparingly, it was fucking hilarious. But yelling for El Generico to do a moonsault, him doing one, and screaming 5 seconds later for more moonsaults is stupid.

For the most part, last night was one of the best crowds I can remember. Besides moonsault guy, the guy that Steen shut up was BAD.

Holy shit is Brian Cage-Taylor ripped. There was a collective gasp when he walked out. Hahahahahah! I think the opening match of the Fighting Taylor Boys vs. The RockNes Monsters was match of the night. Even if it wasn't, it was the best opening match I can remember.
abouttreefitty350

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:45 pm

abouttreefitty350 wrote:

That guy had a good thing going, and he killed it last night. Used sparingly, it was fucking hilarious. But yelling for El Generico to do a moonsault, him doing one, and screaming 5 seconds later for more moonsaults is stupid.

For the most part, last night was one of the best crowds I can remember. Besides moonsault guy, the guy that Steen shut up was BAD.

Holy shit is Brian Cage-Taylor ripped. There was a collective gasp when he walked out. Hahahahahah! I think the opening match of the Fighting Taylor Boys vs. The RockNes Monsters was match of the night. Even if it wasn't, it was the best opening match I can remember.

I think SSB/Future Shock was the match of the night... that being said Its very possible that the opener was second, and Cage was the guy that made that match in my opinion, holy shit he looked great last night (in the ring and not because he is insanly ripped right now) he looked like he could be a star and was crazy over... and Im not usaully a huge Cage supporter.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum