"YES!" & "iSI!" chants

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: "YES!" & "iSI!" chants

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:00 am

Go right ahead, it's good light hearted fun.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:52 am

When Danielson jobbed to Sheamus in 18 seconds, it was basically Vince's big fuck you to Indy wrestling. Vince was conveying a message that no matter how good you are of a wrestler and no matter how popular you are in the Indies, your ability and talent means nothing once you are in the WWE. Once in WWE, Vince owns you. One of the most talented wrestlers in the history of the Indies jobbed to another WWE neanderthal.
krayzie Bone

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 am

krayzie Bone wrote:When Danielson jobbed to Sheamus in 18 seconds, it was basically Vince's big fuck you to Indy wrestling. Vince was conveying a message that no matter how good you are of a wrestler and no matter how popular you are in the Indies, your ability and talent means nothing once you are in the WWE. Once in WWE, Vince owns you. One of the most talented wrestlers in the history of the Indies jobbed to another WWE neanderthal.

I don't think it's that far. A squash match kinda made sense, based on how the storyline was going. I still don't like that it happened. I think him & Sheamus could have a great match.
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:When Danielson jobbed to Sheamus in 18 seconds, it was basically Vince's big fuck you to Indy wrestling. Vince was conveying a message that no matter how good you are of a wrestler and no matter how popular you are in the Indies, your ability and talent means nothing once you are in the WWE. Once in WWE, Vince owns you. One of the most talented wrestlers in the history of the Indies jobbed to another WWE neanderthal.

I don't think it's that far. A squash match kinda made sense, based on how the storyline was going. I still don't like that it happened. I think him & Sheamus could have a great match.

Agreed on all accounts. I don't think Vince McMahon considers indy wrestling to be a thing to even think about.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 am

So Cal Punk wrote:

Well I have never seen a great match in the WWE but let's not argue about this cause it will lead to nowhere. Their lame story lines is precisely why I stopped watching it a while back. And yes Vince did threw it in every ROH and other Indy fan's faces that ever thought Danielson was the best.
krayzie Bone

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:

Well I have never seen a great match in the WWE but let's not argue about this cause it will lead to nowhere. Their lame story lines is precisely why I stopped watching it a while back. And yes Vince did threw it in every ROH and other Indy fan's faces that ever thought Danielson was the best.

It was part of a story line, Danielson will eventually get the title back. Remember people: 1) Danielson is bigger right than he ever was in the Indies, 2) Stop being so harsh on the WWE. Its not a wrestling company, its all about entertainment.
The Franchise13

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 pm

That I do have to agree with you Franchise, WWE is not a wrestling company. Very true.
krayzie Bone

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:59 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:

I don't care to argue either but the fans that think Danielson is one of the best are going to think such even with that WrestleMania travesty.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:36 pm

I mean you can justify this any way you want but the fact remains that Danielson lost a wrestling match in 18 seconds at the biggest show of the year Wrestlemania. His loss will go down in history. I've been around wrestling almost my entire life and I guarantee you that when you loose a match, needless to say a title match in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania, it is a permanent stain on your wrestling reputation. Sure Danielson's fans will continue to think he is great but that's not important. This was a very political and very deliberate offense by Vince against Indies. It is very obvious to me.
krayzie Bone

Postby berserko » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 am

I agree that this will be remembered by history as a quick loss, but people usually bag the booking, not the wrestler. Warrior squashed Triple H in similar fashion - how is HHH doing these days?
berserko

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 am

berserko wrote:I agree that this will be remembered by history as a quick loss, but people usually bag the booking, not the wrestler. Warrior squashed Triple H in similar fashion - how is HHH doing these days?

You sir, need to post more.
Garden State Saint

Postby rohgenextfan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 am

berserko wrote:I agree that this will be remembered by history as a quick loss, but people usually bag the booking, not the wrestler. Warrior squashed Triple H in similar fashion - how is HHH doing these days?

He has Steph to thank for that. It's a shame for all of the male wrestlers that Shane McMahon isn't a homosexual.
rohgenextfan

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am

Ultimate Warrior is as big of a name as Hogan. You don't see the difference between jobbing to Warrior and jobbing to Sheamus? LOL
krayzie Bone

Postby eldink » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:03 pm

maven eliminated undertaker at a rumble.....i think bryan got himself a huge push because of all this
eldink

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm not saying that Brian's career is over, and I understand that this is sports entertainment and not a real competition, all I'm saying is that Vince booked that shit on purpose and not really to make Danielson look bad. it was more of a statement toward Indy wrestling. Please consider this subject closed because to me this is as clear as daylight, I'm sorry that you guys don't see it the same way.
krayzie Bone

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:25 pm

It's closed because a few people don't agree. C'mon now.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:It's closed because a few people don't agree. C'mon now.

There is really nothing more to discuss or argue about. I know why Vince jobbed Danielson. This is nothing new though, WWE is known for jobbing great wrestlers to Neanderthals. I cannot prove to you or anyone else here that it was pure politics on behalf of Vince and WWE, since I cannot prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt, it remains simply my opinion, I stated my opinion and others here disagreed, what else is there to be said Garden Saint?
krayzie Bone

Postby berserko » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 am

krayzie Bone wrote:

Ultimate Warrior is as big of a name as Hogan. You don't see the difference between jobbing to Warrior and jobbing to Sheamus? LOL

That is remarkable that this is what you took from my statement. Warrior squashing HHH had little to do with Warrior's popularity, but was a punishment for HHH breaking kayfabe, as popular opinion suggests. I am not comparing Sheamus to Warrior, I am comparing the squash. It is not unheard of for a Wrestlemania squash to occur, and in Danielson's case, it seems to have more with a cheap pop to bury the chickenshit heel more than it does killing the Indies. If Vince wants to kill the Indies, he can just try to pull the best talent, but there will always be that next guy, so that does not seem to be Vince's concern.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, and I do not presume to know all about backstage politics, but my point, along with some others on the board, is that this does not hurt Daniel Bryan much, if at all, and probably will lead to a push and storyline angles. Regardless, I have been surprised, and quite pleased, with WWE pushing some of our Indy Superstars, and I will take that all day.

As a total aside - thanks for the kind words Garden State Saint - they are much appreciated, and perhaps I will have to post more, as I absolutely love the PWG fan community :)
berserko

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:It's closed because a few people don't agree. C'mon now.

There is really nothing more to discuss or argue about. I know why Vince jobbed Danielson. This is nothing new though, WWE is known for jobbing great wrestlers to Neanderthals. I cannot prove to you or anyone else here that it was pure politics on behalf of Vince and WWE, since I cannot prove it beyond the shadow of a doubt, it remains simply my opinion, I stated my opinion and others here disagreed, what else is there to be said Garden Saint?

No, nothing. You said it was your opinion.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 pm

berserko wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:

That is remarkable that this is what you took from my statement. Warrior squashing HHH had little to do with Warrior's popularity, but was a punishment for HHH breaking kayfabe, as popular opinion suggests. I am not comparing Sheamus to Warrior, I am comparing the squash. It is not unheard of for a Wrestlemania squash to occur, and in Danielson's case, it seems to have more with a cheap pop to bury the chickenshit heel more than it does killing the Indies. If Vince wants to kill the Indies, he can just try to pull the best talent, but there will always be that next guy, so that does not seem to be Vince's concern.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, and I do not presume to know all about backstage politics, but my point, along with some others on the board, is that this does not hurt Daniel Bryan much, if at all, and probably will lead to a push and storyline angles. Regardless, I have been surprised, and quite pleased, with WWE pushing some of our Indy Superstars, and I will take that all day.

As a total aside - thanks for the kind words Garden State Saint - they are much appreciated, and perhaps I will have to post more, as I absolutely love the PWG fan community :)

I didn't say Vince was trying to kill the Indies, I said it was more of a statement then anything. Statement that in WWE great Indy wrestlers count for shit. Killing the Indies? No, if he kills the Indies, where is he gonna draw talent from? Yes I agree it does not hurt Danielson much because real wrestling fans know better and WWE fans never give enough shit.
krayzie Bone

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum