DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:15 pm

b2u pretty much nailed all the ratings for me, but I'd probably give Taylors/RockNES **** just because of all the innovation and surprising spots. Taylors have improved so much as a tag team, and Brian Cage-Taylor especially as a singles guy. I can't wait for him to break out and starting taking on the guys like Strong, Davey, Generico, Mack, Steen, etc.

I'd also give SSB/Future Shock ****1/2 because that match was just incredible. They had me going NUTS.

Spot of the night was pretty easily the "GET OVER HERE" on the apron, where Dos hit an Exploder Suplex on Generico off the apron, down onto Mack.

I was honestly surprised RockNES didn't go to the finals. I'm not complaining, because I'm not really a huge fan, but they've improved a lot, and did get a HUGE win over CIMA/Ricochet at KRR3. At least it took a super team of Generico/Mack to take them out.

Taylors/RockNES- ****

Future Shock/Dynasty- ***1/4

Strong-ahan/2HBG- ***3/4 Callahan's strikes were almost all on point. Those forearms when he had Willie in the back mount were fucking BRUTAL.

Bucks/SSB- ****

RockNES/2HBG- ***1/2 Mack crushing one of the Johnny's, I think Goodtime, on his dive was so damn sad. I was on the opposite side of the ring (Hard cam), but it looked like he just fell to the ground and let Mack crush him completely. Didn't catch him so much as just absorbed him.

SSB/Future Shock- ****1/2

Callahan/Steen- ***1/2 It was a crazy brawl of a match, but live, those can be hard to follow. I loved everything I could see, but I couldn't see everything. Maybe it'll come off better on DVD.

SSB/2HBG- **** maaaaaybe ****1/4. And again, agreed about the selling with both teams putting over how much punishment they'd taken. Only problem is, Generico would be on the apron selling like his ribs are broken and then get full extension before coming down with a Cross Body, or raising up with an axe handle smash. I can appreciate the thought, but it's hard to put over that kind of selling on the indies. It's so reliant on moves, that it's hard to sell like that. But yeah, appreciate the thought.

Great show, even better than the match ratings indicate because it was just so much fun live. Can't wait to see how it comes off on DVD.
Matt Flash

Postby BOLA4ever » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Fun Show
I LOVE YOU PWG
SSB were fucking great. i love the person that says WRESTLING and the crowd goes YEAH lol
the moonsault chants go overused in the end cmon man
but great show so far show of the year
BOLA4ever

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Love all the hate on the moonsault chants , guess fans forget the comedy in pro wrestling with fans most fans that it pisses off are the mom's basement fans that cream there pants to take pics with the wrestlers after the match . I called SSB winning it from way back but really didn't it was gonna happen till the 3 count , was a really great night of wrestling from start to finish . The Taylors blew my mind how many great spots they got , Brian Taylor is a fucking machine and a great all around wrestler . Can't wait for the dvd
ShadowMaster

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 am

Forgot to mention that Sami Callahan is a work horse he was taking some serious bumps going post to post moving the ring like it was nothing , Steen and Sami put on a great match that alot of fans wanted to see and they delivered . I was really trying to pick up a Steen shirt but he told me his smallest size was XL and me and him had a quick chat on me drinking some milk and I can get an XL it was pretty damn funny . Gotta say match of the night was Future Shock v.s SSB man was that back and forth the whole match with some really great spots . I had a blast my buddy who drove me and a friend was able to get a GA ticket at the door and our whole drive home couldn't stop talking about all the match's , which is funny cause he's far from a wrestling fan . Great night with some great wrestling .
ShadowMaster

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Love all the hate on the moonsault chants , guess fans forget the comedy in pro wrestling with fans most fans that it pisses off are the mom's basement fans that cream there pants to take pics with the wrestlers after the match .

I wouldn't say it like that, since many of us who were there are regular PWGers we know comedy wrestling especially in our off the wall environment. But some people just milk for reactions that get old fast. Once or twice thats fine, maybe a third if it hits the right spot, but over and over? Pushing it just a little.

And there are no basements in California lol Only attics full of weed.

As for my review it's going to be short and sweet!

Night fucking rocked! Even though I was tired from working all day, it didn't stop me from having a great time! Not to mention every match put it all in there. From start to finish I loved it! And the PWG Kliq was mostly all there which was great as well! Can't wait till the next one!

Oh and my highlight wasn't from there it was actually when Excalibur tweeted during the night that the crowd that night was the best crowd around!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah yeah forgot to add one more thing, 2 Husky Black Guys, loving it, could have sworn we would have had a Hologram of Human Tornado there. :P
DjEn3rgy21

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote: there are no basements in California lol Only attics full of weed.!!!!

LoL!!! I second that :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby BOLA4ever » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 pm

average how long does it take for a PWG DVD to be on DVD?
just pre order DDT 4
BOLA4ever

Postby SlayJ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

BOLA4ever wrote:average how long does it take for a PWG DVD to be on DVD?
just pre order DDT 4

Unfortunately one of the few things that PWG does NOT excel at is releasing their shows in a timely manner on DVD. Of course they always wind up being worth the wait regardless. But I wouldn't hold my breath on DDT4 being in your hands until at least early June. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though!
SlayJ

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm still waiting for Worlds Finest to arrive at my door , but that dvd has nothing on whats on the disc for DDT 4 . For as guy as big as Willie Mack it's still bogles my mind how fast and quick he is for a guy his size , watching him go rope to rope with full head of steam is just a small example how much talent he has in the ring . It's hard to picture what the next event is gonna offer let alone the name of the show . If The Young Bucks are first up to face Steen/Dragon ( pending the recovery on Dragons ankle ) I would love to see a rematch of Future Shock and SSB or even a O"Reilly v.s Richards match .
ShadowMaster

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am

the preview is already up :mrgreen:

El Asian

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Holy fucking shit at :40. Brian Cage Taylor is a fucking machine.
abouttreefitty350

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:19 pm

What an amazing preview , I can't wait for this dvd to ship out . So many great match's that night with every wrestler giving 110% all night long .
ShadowMaster

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

The preview is up already??? Wow... I'm still bruised up from Saturday night. When Adam Cole was thrown over the top rope in their 1st match, his boots landed right on my left arm and leg. I could of protected myself a little better, but my right hand was protecting the pitcher of beer. I was bruised, but didn't spill one drop. That's why I love PWG... Buzzed and Bruised on a Saturday night. Seconds after it happened, I completely forgot about the pain and was honestly worried to see if Adam Cole was alright. :)
The Franchise13

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 am

DDT4 was my first LIVE PWG show and I loved it! Went with my Cousin who isn't much into wrestling but is absolutely crazy about PWG now. He wants me to invite him every show I head to now Hahaha. I'll be going to the May 25th show. Can't wait!
loserkings007

Postby rtorres481 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 am

Due to an illness, my wife and I were not able to make it to the show. We preordered tickets through Paypal, and they went unused. I emailed PWG through this site on Saturday night and have not received a reply. I tried again yesterday, by using the email address "merch@prowrestlingguerrilla.com." and have not heard back. I'm wondering if PWG would be able to refund our money, or if they could possibly offer an exchange to a future show. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to contact PWG about this? Has anyone here had a similar experience?
rtorres481

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 am

rtorres481 wrote:Due to an illness, my wife and I were not able to make it to the show. We preordered tickets through Paypal, and they went unused. I emailed PWG through this site on Saturday night and have not received a reply. I tried again yesterday, by using the email address "merch@prowrestlingguerrilla.com." and have not heard back. I'm wondering if PWG would be able to refund our money, or if they could possibly offer an exchange to a future show. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to contact PWG about this? Has anyone here had a similar experience?

There is no way they will give you anything for them, Im not trying to be a dick or anything but they are a small company and its not their problem if someone misses a show, Im sure the only way they would acomadade you is if it was a mistake on their part, once again not to be a dick, but thats probally what they will tell you.
eastbay510

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:30 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
rtorres481 wrote:Due to an illness, my wife and I were not able to make it to the show. We preordered tickets through Paypal, and they went unused. I emailed PWG through this site on Saturday night and have not received a reply. I tried again yesterday, by using the email address "merch@prowrestlingguerrilla.com." and have not heard back. I'm wondering if PWG would be able to refund our money, or if they could possibly offer an exchange to a future show. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to contact PWG about this? Has anyone here had a similar experience?

There is no way they will give you anything for them, Im not trying to be a dick or anything but they are a small company and its not their problem if someone misses a show, Im sure the only way they would acomadade you is if it was a mistake on their part, once again not to be a dick, but thats probally what they will tell you.

That was pretty dick right there mate. And they actually do respond, like we knew one person who bought two tickets for the same day instead of two days for a show and they took care of him, I'm sure they wouldn't mind solving it. You're painting them to look like they are all about money, which they aren't. I'm sure if he keeps mailing them they will get a response. And if you aren't sure, just say so. I don't know would have been the better answer if you don't work with them.

"RTorres481" - message Silverback on here, he's one of the admins and with the staff, I'm sure they can help you answer your question better. Tell them the situation and they check off names for each show if they have it down then you should get it sorted out. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:58 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

That was pretty dick right there mate. And they actually do respond, like we knew one person who bought two tickets for the same day instead of two days for a show and they took care of him, I'm sure they wouldn't mind solving it. You're painting them to look like they are all about money, which they aren't. I'm sure if he keeps mailing them they will get a response. And if you aren't sure, just say so. I don't know would have been the better answer if you don't work with them.

"RTorres481" - message Silverback on here, he's one of the admins and with the staff, I'm sure they can help you answer your question better. Tell them the situation and they check off names for each show if they have it down then you should get it sorted out. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Agreed. They don't check the messages and message boards daily. Keep trying to contact them and eventually you'll get a response. I had a problem with a DVD order last year and it took them awhile to respond.
Itchypanda

Postby rtorres481 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks, DjEn3rgy21 and Itchypanda. I'll give that a try.
I figured because PWG is a small company, they would be able to work with me. My wife and I have been loyally supporting PWG since January 2006. Up until DDT4 (2012), we had been to every US-based PWG show, except for 2 during that time frame. I want to say that we have pre-ordered our tickets every single time since that option was made available. This is the only time that unfortunate circumstances prevented us from showing up and using our tickets. My wife was willing to drag herself out of bed because she was so looking forward to the show. But it really would not have been a good idea for her to step outside while running a fever.
rtorres481

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum