Black Tiger and Puma

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Black Tiger and Puma

Postby CheMateo » Wed May 17, 2006 1:24 pm

This past weekend I was flipping channel and watched one TNA match, because I saw Puma and Chris Sabin. It made me wonder why does TJ Perkins not wrestle as Puma anymore in PWG? Also how come Rocky Romero has never wrestled as Black Tiger in PWG? Are they only allowed to wrestle in those characters outside of NJPW with TNA?
CheMateo

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Wed May 17, 2006 2:26 pm

Good to know you agree with my signature.

Rocky has wrestled as Black Tiger in ROH before, I just think it's his preference to wrestle as himself rather than his NJPW gimmick unless it's storyline related to do so.

I have no idea why TJ doesn't work as Puma anymore, it'd give him more change to work on a character. And c'mon, TJ Perkins, that's just not a very good name I'm afraid. Now Puma, I don't think there's anything better than that ring name wise!
Rish To The Rosh

Postby caesaresp » Thu May 18, 2006 11:37 am

My guess is that since PUMA was unmasked by Davey, that kind of killed PUMA in PWG. that is only a guess.
caesaresp

Postby dxreydx » Thu May 18, 2006 5:48 pm

TJ Perkins is only 21 and I think he's trying to find a gimmick that works for him, he got the skill, but his charisma/character/personality in the ring doesn't flow his fellow friends Romero and Reyes.
dxreydx

Postby Aaron » Fri May 19, 2006 6:09 am

Rocky Romero never wrestles as Black Tiger. That was Marc Rocco :P
Aaron

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum