Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:13 am

Facetious wrote:Drake Younger in PWG? And it is against B-Boy? SICK. The card looks amazing.

These two are both former CZW World Champions, Im sure they are pretty famillier with each other... this match, Sami/Elgin and both title matches areare all gonna be stiff as hell.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 am

Just watched a video of Drake Younger pretty crazy wrestler I always looked at czw as no offense to anybody as nomore than backyard wrestling , but he looks like an impressive wrestler that's gonna put on a great match with B-Boy . The whole card is stacked which isn't surprising since this is PWG and they are the best wrestling promotion in the world . The Ladder Match is gonna be insane .
ShadowMaster

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:24 am

So after a good night sleep and getting my head straight, i got a few points to make:
• Front Row sold out in 8 minutes.... God Damn PWG Fans should be proud of themselves.
• The Ladder Match is a mixture of the Guerrilla Warfare match at Seven and the Ladder Match of SteenWolf. This match is going to be crazy insane! Front Row'ers might take a bruise home as a souvenir.
• Steen vs Mack... Most anticipated title match in the last year. Reseda is going to be hot for this one. The crowd is going to go crazy choosing their favorite for this one.
• Elgin vs Callihan & Edwads vs Cage.... Possible Main Events in any other show. Would not be surprise if these are 4**** matches or either possibly steal the show. Extremely stoked!
• Chucky is Back!!!!
• No El Generico.... when i realized this at 1st, i was a little devastated. Generico means so much to PWG, and him not being at the 9 year celebration... well... it makes me a sad panda. I suggest for him to wrestle the winner of the Steen/Mack match at the next show.
The Franchise13

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 am

even though I love Steen Im 100% behind Willie, Im gonna be a little disopointed if he dosent walk away with the title
eastbay510

Postby pwaddict85 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 am

Cards like these make me want to go out and buy a plane ticket from Connecticut and fly out to Reseda to see this show... holy shit.

I guess instead I'll buy a DVD lol.
pwaddict85

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 am

eastbay510 wrote:
Facetious wrote:Drake Younger in PWG? And it is against B-Boy? SICK. The card looks amazing.

These two are both former CZW World Champions, Im sure they are pretty famillier with each other... this match, Sami/Elgin and both title matches areare all gonna be stiff as hell.

Drake and B Boy also wrestled in IWA a lot. Drake has been around for a long time and has improved greatly as a wrestler through the years. And how can anyways say that CZW is backyard. They would never hire any yarders. Their DVD's is distributed by major Indy wrestling film companies including high spots, and just about every great Indy wrestler wrestled for them, and they share talent with Chikara. Sami Callahan and Adam Cole are also from CZW. So do a little research before you post shadow.
krayzie Bone

Postby Hook The Leg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:24 am

pwaddict85 wrote:Cards like these make me want to go out and buy a plane ticket from Connecticut and fly out to Reseda to see this show... holy shit.

I guess instead I'll buy a DVD lol.

My thoughts exactly, just replace Connecticut with Tennessee, lol
Hook The Leg

Postby ad.breed » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 pm

The graphic hurts my drunken eyes........ Fucking great to have Drake in PWG though!!!!
ad.breed

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Front row tickets sold out in 1 day?!?!
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm

How did the Super Smash Brothers become champions? I thought the Champs were Steen and Super Dragon? Anybody know if Super Dragon retired again or he just still injured with his foot?
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:04 pm

BayAreaPWGFan wrote:Front row tickets sold out in 1 day?!?!

Sold out in 8 minutes.

And Super Dragon is still injured so they vacated the titles.
loserkings007

Postby SlayJ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 pm

loserkings007 wrote:
BayAreaPWGFan wrote:Front row tickets sold out in 1 day?!?!

Sold out in 8 minutes.

And Super Dragon is still injured so they vacated the titles.

Speaking of Mr. Super Dragon, what are the odds that he might be a tad bit peeved (well it's 100% he'll be peeved about something)...but a tad bit peeved that his Tag Team Champion partner simply gave up the belts like they didn't mean squat and went on to win the PWG Title? Just because El Generico isn't going to be in Reseda on July 21st doesn't mean the other most important masked man in PWG history won't. And with a show title like Threemendous, I don't think a 2nd 3-way title match would be out of the question. With the kind of nuclear heat that could re-emerge between Steen and Dragon, I could definitely see Willie Mack taking advantage of the situation and getting his hands on some gold. Just a thought. Maybe it'll remain a straight up match between Steen and Mack. But something tells me it won't be as simple as that.
SlayJ

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Awesome Card!!

But Drake younger?

I like that there's someone new on the last couple of shows but Drake Younger?

No Johnny Gargano?

Not complaining, well maybe tiny bit, but PWG fans have been asking for Gargano for awhile now and now we get Drake Younger!

ah well I'll just say again Awesome Card!!
ShapeShifter75

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Explain to me how Gargano is better then Drake? Its about time Drake comes to PWG, he is a strong style wrestler much like B Boy, Steen, Elgin, Roderick, exc, PWG can do a lot with Drake. A lot of people think that he only does hardcore and that's the furthest from the truth. The guy is an awesome wrestler, comes July 21 you will see.
krayzie Bone

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Explain to me how Gargano is better then Drake? Its about time Drake comes to PWG, he is a strong style wrestler much like B Boy, Steen, Elgin, Roderick, exc, PWG can do a lot with Drake. A lot of people think that he only does hardcore and that's the furthest from the truth. The guy is an awesome wrestler, comes July 21 you will see.

He was the winner of the 08 TPI, so he is certainly no slouch... Im so excited to see him because he isnt somebody who anyone realisticly thought we would ever see in a PWG ring, lets give a guy a fair shot and see what happens.
eastbay510

Postby SlayJ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm

ShapeShifter75 wrote:Awesome Card!!

But Drake younger?

I like that there's someone new on the last couple of shows but Drake Younger?

No Johnny Gargano?

Not complaining, well maybe tiny bit, but PWG fans have been asking for Gargano for awhile now and now we get Drake Younger!

ah well I'll just say again Awesome Card!!

I agree, Shapeshifter. I would've really liked to have seen Gargano on this card, especially since Chucky T is wrestling in a a tag match. Nothing against Ryan Taylor, but Chuck & Gargano have been one of the best tag teams in Wrestling for awhile now. And it would be great to see them up against the RockNES Monsters. Maybe next time.

And as far as Drake goes, I'm totally cool with him coming in and showcasing his skills. I can't say I'm really a fan of his at this point. But maybe I will be after seeing him live. I kind of wish they would've went with Younger vs Callihan and given us a Elgin vs Davey Richards rematch in Reseda. But personal preference aside, the matches as they are should be a ton of fun.
SlayJ

Postby luca brasi » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

luca brasi wrote:Me like!
And yes... Generico will be in the Land of the Rising Sun end of July. Sadly international bookings were scheduled before the anniversary show's date was confirmed.

Maybe it was England/Europe, not Japan, where I heard Generico was booked... oh well, only wrong country, continent, hemisphere... actually not sure about that last one.
luca brasi

Postby Facetious » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am

eastbay510 wrote:

Younger and B-Boy had some amazing matches in CZW. If I'm not mistaken, B-Boy ended Drake's historic reign as champion. So I'm pretty excited about that match.

OH SHIT, I didn't see Chuck Taylor! Awesome!
Facetious

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am

SlayJ wrote:Speaking of Mr. Super Dragon, what are the odds that he might be a tad bit peeved (well it's 100% he'll be peeved about something)...but a tad bit peeved that his Tag Team Champion partner simply gave up the belts like they didn't mean squat and went on to win the PWG Title? Just because El Generico isn't going to be in Reseda on July 21st doesn't mean the other most important masked man in PWG history won't. And with a show title like Threemendous, I don't think a 2nd 3-way title match would be out of the question. With the kind of nuclear heat that could re-emerge between Steen and Dragon, I could definitely see Willie Mack taking advantage of the situation and getting his hands on some gold. Just a thought. Maybe it'll remain a straight up match between Steen and Mack. But something tells me it won't be as simple as that.

I don't know but you just read so far into it and created a whole different story there J. lol Steen didn't give up the belts remember, Excalibur said the board made the decision after the no compete clause went into effect being unable to defend the titles without a partner due to the injury of his foot.

I think they went perfectly that the titles were vacated at DDT4. It made it just that much more prestigious when the finalists came out on top.

The match between Steen and Mack should be straight up. Mack busted his ass to get there and Steen has respect for him since knowing him in the front row of shows. I just wouldn't seem right that a guy born of the PWG people would get a 50% decent match. It would be illogical. It be nice to see it go all the way through till the end at the anniversary show. The better question would be, will Mack give it all he has to live out a dream and a goal, or will Steen prove too much for him and retain what he enjoys most? The PWG World Heavyweight Title!

Either way we will find out on the 21st! This night is going to be mental!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby loserkings007 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:06 am

I hope I'm not the only one rooting for Steen here. I mean I love Mack and I do see him a furture world champ but I'm just not ready for Steen to let go.
loserkings007

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum