9 years of Memories

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

9 years of Memories

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:39 am

With the 9 year Anniversary only less than a month away, I would like for the PWG followers to share their PWG Moments. Ive only been following PWG since Threemendous 2, and I have memories that will last forever. Here are just a couple:

• Davey winning the PWG Title and calling me into the ring to Celebrate
• The Ladder Match from SteenWolf aswell with Super Dragon's Return

What are your favorite moments in the last 9 years?
The Franchise13

Re: 9 years of Memories

Postby BOLA4ever » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:51 am

Oh Man So Many
BOLA Night 2 2008 when the people that lost the tournament were chasing Kenny Omega all over the Van Nuys armory and outside LOL.
The Time When Tornado or Hero threw a chair and it hit a fan in the head. (that was brutal)
Super Dragons Return.
The fact i got to see Jushin Liger and Great Muta live THANK YOU FOR THAT PWG
BOLA4ever

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 am

This is a more recent memory. It was during the Brian Cage-Kevin Steen match. We've all seen this fan before. The Asian guy with the really short hair and when he gets excited he pounds the ring apron with a rhythmic pattern, banging both of his palms one-at-a-time (Kevin Steen referred to him as the "T-1000 hands guys" in a video). I know people have seen him because people would always point him out and mimic his ring apron celebration. Well, when Kevin Steen was outside of the ring during the match, he pulled that fan aside and joined him in the ring apron celebration. The moment was very brief and I think the fan was a bit embarrassed but I thought it was a really cool moment because Steen recognized him immediately and celebrated with him. PWG is the only company (in this day and age) where wrestler-fan interaction would be possible. And to the Asian guy who does the ring apron celebration...don't stop; you've become a PWG staple, no matter how strange and awesome that celebration has become.
Itchypanda

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 am

Though I haven't been attending for as long as most of you posters I have never witnessed in my 20 years of being a wrestling fan what I see when I attend a PWG event . It's kinda funny how I started watching PWG but here it is it was the first night of Wrestlerunion earlier that day a buddy of mine who loves wrestling as much as I do called me up saying hey I heard on the internet that ROH is having a show in LA tonight and that we should go I said why not . After the event we heard there was gonna be a show the next day for this company called PWG , I had work that night but figured might as well keep this good thing going and called in sick , that night changed my view on pro wrestling forever . The fans as well as the wrestling was the best I have ever witnessed and knew I had to see more . I remember walking out with my friend and just being on shock in the pure wrestling I just saw . Sadly it wasn't till Fear that we got to watch a PWG event in the Legion Hall but as well as a couple years earlier in LA , I left that little hall in Reseda knowing I could never miss a PWG event again and till this day I haven't . Since then I have brought friends who hadn't watched wrestling since the attitude years in WWF and they have been hooked , telling me during every match thank you for bringing me back to the wrestling sceen again . I would always say hey don't thank me thank the wrestlers and the hardcore fans around us for giving you the best wrestling experiance on the planet . So Thank You PWG , I have been to 2 Wrestlemania's as well as hundreds of WWF/WWE event's and nothing compares to watching PWG especially in the Legion Hall .
ShadowMaster

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 am

MDogg 20 doing the Pee Wee Herman dance on the bar at BOLA 2006 Night 3.
Garden State Saint

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:34 am

Damn no edit button , It was Kurt Russell Reunion that was my first event and forgot to give props cause I got to see Muta and Jushin Thunder Liger in one night .
ShadowMaster

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:05 pm

BOLA4ever wrote:Oh Man So Many
BOLA Night 2 2008 when the people that lost the tournament were chasing Kenny Omega all over the Van Nuys armory and outside LOL.
The Time When Tornado or Hero threw a chair and it hit a fan in the head. (that was brutal)
Super Dragons Return.
The fact i got to see Jushin Liger and Great Muta live THANK YOU FOR THAT PWG

All of these. Especially being able to see The Great Muta and Jushin Liger wrestle in person. A year prior to the event, if you had asked me if I ever thought I'd see them in person I would have called bullshit. Thank you PWG.

Another one comes to mind is DDT4 in 2008. I hadn't planned on going because I had to work. A few days before the show, it was announced that Takuya Sugi (also known as Yoshitsune, El Blazer, and a ton of other names) would be filling in. He's my favorite high flyer, and another person I never thought I'd have the opportunity I see in person. I was able to pay someone to switch shifts and made it to night 2. It was surreal seeing him in person. Once again, thank you PWG.
abouttreefitty350

Postby SlayJ » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Well I could mention a ton of PWG moments that I will never forget. But since I only have a few minutes I'll stick with one from my initial trip up to see the Guerrilla...

"Kee_ The _ee Out Of Our _ool" was my first ever Pro Wrestling Guerrilla live event, and the main reason I decided to drive up to Santa Ana from San Diego was because I heard that Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson were both wrestling, and I was a big fan of both. I arrived to the building way early (which is a tradition I seem to still follow today). And not knowing any better I just walked in to the place. Hell, nobody was there to tell me I couldn't. So anyhow I noticed some guys were working out in the ring (I believe it was Scorpio Sky and maybe Scott Lost). I took a seat in the front row and started thumbing through my Observer when I saw Samoa Joe heading my way. I had no clue if the guy was gonna tell me to scram or whatever, but he came up to me, extended his hand and said "Hi there, I'm Joe" and we shook hands. I don't know if he thought I was some scrub worker or the PWG cameraman or whatever. But it was cool that he just came up and was so friendly. I always thought that was really awesome. Of course somebody finally figured out that I wasn't supposed to be in there and I had to bail until showtime. But that was my initial memory of PWG, and the first of MANY great times to be had!
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:54 pm

My first show was BOLA 09 Night 2, I showed up 7 hours early (as I have always done since then) I got there and Jon Ian was standing outside the door and I had the most ridiculous mark out moment ever as I called everyone I knew and told them the ring announcer just talked to me. Talking shit about Boston teams to my favorite wrestler Eddie Edwards after shows, Sami Callihan borrrowing my phone at WrestleReunion, and me freaking out when I had one of Paul London's magic cookies (my job did a lot of drug testing) were all good memories for me personally. My favorite PWG moment by far was Hero Vs Tozawa, people were saying Tozawa is the worst Dragon Gate wrestler ever, he didnt deserve to be in the tournament, and no one expected much from this match, and It just blew everyone away. I will always say this is my favorite match ever just because of the emotion that was in the building that day. PWG is the best wrestling in the world because it feels that more then any other company they respect the fans and give us what we want to see... I come from Oakland and It worth the trip everytime.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Does anybody still post here that saw Styles beat Super Dragon for the belt?
Garden State Saint

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 am

the 1st of many(crazy what you can find on youtube)

after quick hits the dive, the woman in the crowd scorpio has to go over and kiss "just to show how impressed he is by quicksilvers dive" is my girl/baby mama. he didn't actually kiss her though just took her water and swigged on it.

another was sonny boy getting a pic with davey after he won the BOLA in 2006, and the most recent was super dragons return, which was also our return to reseda after a couple of years, damn i'm glad we decided to go to that show.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:51 am

the 1st of many(crazy what you can find on youtube)

after quick hits the dive, the woman in the crowd scorpio has to go over and kiss "just to show how impressed he is by quicksilvers dive" is my girl/baby mama. he didn't actually kiss her though just took her water and swigged on it.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 am

Too many to mention but some of my favorite things so far would be:

Human Tornados return after his injury.
Scott Lost's final goodbye
American Dragon Brian Danielson winning the Title from Hero.
Kenny Omega winning BOLA and the PWG title.
The formation of the Hybrid Dolphins and Later the Danger Bees.
Claudio and Hero Breaking the ring!
Davey launching Omega through the ring ropes and breaking the ring!!!
Omega vs Danielson doing John Jacob Jingelhiemer Schmidt in the middle of the ring at One Hundred
2 Skinny Black Guys win the PWG Championship at Zombies Shouldn't run
El Generico becoming a Multi-time Duel Champion!

I hope PWG stays around for many years to come!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:15 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Omega vs Danielson doing John Jacob Jingelhiemer Schmidt in the middle of the ring at One Hundred

I can't believe I forgot to mention that. That was one of my favorite wrestling moments ever. Damn I wish Kenny would come back soon.
abouttreefitty350

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

don't know why i'm having such a hard time posting a video but here is the one that was supposed to be with my post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQqO1HiX9Y
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Meltman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:46 am

Chris Bosh's "suck my cock/suck our cocks match" promos.

The entire Hero/Tornado feud. Kingston's debut, Tornado crossfacing Candice like a week after the Benoit stuff. The Steel Cage match they had. The really underrated No DQ matches they had.

The entire Steen/Dragon feud, especially the Excalibur vs. Dragon Guerrilla Warfare match right after Excalibur turned heel. The feud-ending GW match between Steen/SD also.

Claudio coming back in 2010 and winning the World Title.

Omega quickly becoming the most over guy in PWG. Everything about Men of Low Moral Fiber (from the Monkey Island name to their matches).

Excalibur's commentary evolving from don't-give-a-fuck comedy to all-around awesome commentator.

The Dragon/Samoa Joe series in early PWG.

The clusterfuck Necro/Dragon BOLA match.

Bryan Danielson challenging Generico at the 4th anniversary show.

Dragon's late 2011 comeback.

PAC breaking out in 2006/2007 and having all kinds of sweet matches.

Akira Tozawa's rise to stardom and his farewell speech.

Dragon leg-lariating that dude on the England tour.

The giant fat man's chair breaking.

PWG is an endless rainbow or memories.
Meltman

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:12 pm

^Danielson vs. Generico really is a great gem in the grand scope of indy wrestling that I think not many people know of or maybe just forgot. I'll probably watch it back real soon.
Garden State Saint

Postby ajday » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm

I know it's not the best thing ever, but I remember the day I found out about PWG Sells Out and purchased it. I watched all three disks in a week after school and was just in awe as to what I saw. It turned me into a dedicated fan after. I wish I could have seen a match of Chris Bosh, Scott Lost or Bryan Danielson (among others) during their stints here, but we can't witness them all.

My first PWG live event was All Star Weekend 8 Night One. I didn't know what to expect from it, but seeing Steen vs. Mack as the opener for that show was such a phenomenal experience. Granted, some minor annoyances happened in parts of the show where they ruined by some of the crowd (who in the blue hell would yell ROH?! haha) but I could not believe that I what I witnessed with Nightmare Violence Connection vs. El Generico/Ricochet. Jesus, that match made the drive from Oregon all the better. Night Two was just as awesome as Night One. The match between Nightmare Violence Connection/ROCKNes was brutal, the Cutlers cutting the heel promo before the match was fucking hilarious and even better was when Roddy chopped one of the Jacksons in front of me and the group I was with and said under his breath "It smells like fucking weed over here". That line had me in stitches throughout the whole match.

I couldn't wait to get back down for another show, and I'm glad I talked a friend into going with me to FEAR. Before the show we ran into Steen at some store around the block and he warned my friend "Don't look fucking down". That whole card was damn near perfect for me. From top to bottom, side to side, it was not boring at all. My friend was even into it as much as I was, and he didn't even know about PWG before we went down. One thing is for sure, he sure as hell became a fan after.

I'm glad I got to see three events in my lifetime, and I'm glad I'm still a fan today.
ajday

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum