The Dark Knight Rises Roll Call

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

The Dark Knight Rises Roll Call

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Tickets have already gone on sale. Who is in like Flynn? I will be there. 8)

I actually optioned for the Dark Knight Trilogy Marathon. It will be fun living in Nolan's world for around eight hours. Then a little later on in the weekend I got tickets to see The Dark Knight Rises again in true IMAX.

Be careful, most supposed "IMAX" theaters are not true IMAX screens and are known as LIEMAX. Come on, let's go see Bane break the Bat.

NO!

Yes!
CheMateo

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Roll Call

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah, I'm planning on checking this out sometime next weekend. Don't think I could pull off that all day marathon, but I did pick up the last two movies on Blu-Ray today, so... time to catch up on those.
TigerDriver98

Postby loserkings007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:44 am

Going to PWG Saturday Night then The Dark Knight Sunday Morning. Going to be a good weekend.
loserkings007

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 pm

definitely looking forward to this, doing The Dark Knight Trilogy on IMAX to see the 1st 2 on IMAX before the midnight release of Dark Knight Rises
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Yeah, I'm planning on checking this out sometime next weekend. Don't think I could pull off that all day marathon, but I did pick up the last two movies on Blu-Ray today, so... time to catch up on those.

That is understandable about you not going for the trilogy marathon. I had a slightly tougher time corralling people to join in so I would not go stag. I do hope you will share your thoughts on all three films.

Too bad WannaB is no longer around. I would have enjoyed taking in all the viral hype he is in tune with.

El Asian wrote:definitely looking forward to this, doing The Dark Knight Trilogy on IMAX to see the 1st 2 on IMAX before the midnight release of Dark Knight Rises
Right, same here. I am curious as to what the turn out will be like for this. I am kind of hoping that it will not be too crowded.

Less than 22 hours away!
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:18 pm

CheMateo wrote:Right, same here. I am curious as to what the turn out will be like for this. I am kind of hoping that it will not be too crowded.

Less than 22 hours away!

you know it will be

also a heads up, there will be a trailer for the Superman reboot, Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan, that should be attached to The Dark Knight Rises although I have heard certain IMAX showings won't have Man of Steel attached
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Finally less than an hour to go! I got to go!
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

so anyone else saw the movie? I thought it was a great way to the the trilogy, probably raised more questions in the end and some of the twists may seem contrived but the film was awesome and got some pretty cool posters as well, between this and Avengers, its hard to for me which was the better superhero movie this summer
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 am

I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to get through the trilogy. I never felt burnt out or sore or had any issues. Of course I had to be sitting next to some tools who were more interested in their own jokes than watching the three films. But other than that I enjoyed myself.

I initially felt underwhelmed by TDKR at the midnight premiere. I felt like a lot was rushed and there was some glaring and questionable happenings that felt a bit out of place in a Nolan film. I have ended up enjoying TDKR more and more upon repeated viewings. Not that it was bad by any means. Expectations were unfairly high.

I thought Hardy as Bane was fantastic. Man, that first battle between Batman and Bane had me in shock. It was brutal. I loved seeing Bane bash in Batman's cowl. I loved Bane's presence during the whole meeting. It was really cool seeing someone just beat the stuffing out of Batman on film.

Bane
Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? Members of the League of Shadows! And you betrayed us!

Batman
You were excommunicated... by a gang of psychopaths!

(Pummels Batman repeatedly)

Bane
I AM the League of Shadows, and I'm here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny!

(Batman shuts the lights off)

Bane
Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The shadows betray you, they belong to me!

(Bane rips Batman from the shadows)

I was happy to see Batman broken by Bane in a movie. I also liked those dystopian court scene with Judge Scarecrow presiding.

I didn't care for the way
Spoiler: show
Blake was just simply able to tell that Bruce Wayne was Batman simply by meeting him one time.

Nothing too significant but I did enjoy spotting various character actors in the film. Like Mayor Carcetti as the CIA Op in the beginning. Quinn as the cop on the bridge shouting at Blake. Tom Lennon the Doctor from Memento (It must be the same universe!)/ Dangle from Reno 911. Doyle Bennett from Justified as one of the DWP workers.

I sort of felt Gordon was underused but Alfred did get his time to really shine. I thought Hathaway as Catwoman was great. I know there was the usual casting complaining about Hathaway but to me she was great and ranks up there with Julie Newmar for me.

I am eagerly awaiting to see what Nolan does next. I hope it is something original. Although, I also want Nolan to do at least a couple of Bond films down the line. Nolan has been very vocal about has Bond fandom and has met with Broccoli & Wilson. Clearly the Bane skyjacking was inspired from Licence To Kill's fishing for Sanchez. One of many moments Nolan has plundered from Bond as he stated.
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:27 pm

kinda funny that in the Nolan Batman trilogy, the small supporting actors are from other other noted roles such as Prince Joffery from Game of Thrones and Bobby Munson from Sons of Anarchy in Batman Begins, and William Finchter and Zeus in The Dark Knight plus others, i agree Tom Hardy was great as Bane, then again, he really had nothing to compete with compared to the last actor who played Bane in a live action Batman film, incidentally played by a former Jeep Swanson, ironically teamed with Zeus in WCW Uncensored 1996, I do love the 1st battle between Bane and Batman in TDKR though and just how calm Bane was during everything, I personally felt Anne Hathaway is the best Catwoman out, surpassing Julie Newmar, though mostly because the Catwoman I grew up was Michelle Pfeifer instead but Anne Hathaway's Catwoman had more of an action girl vibe to her but had that moral dilemma in her as well

as for what you said in the spoiler tag
I agree with what happened with Blake, that bugged the shit out of me, though it was probably suppose to connect how he's basically a combination of all 3 Robins, since apparently Robin is his name, which is a really odd way for Nolan to include Robin in his Batman universe but I'll go with it, also Miranda Tate, I really honestly figured she turned out to be Talia al Ghul the moment she appeared in the trailer despite numerous denials by Marion Cotillard and the fact a young Talia was cast though the entire "Bane being Ra's son" did throw me off
El Asian

Postby CheMateo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 pm

El Asian wrote:Bobby Munson from Sons of Anarchy in Batman Begins

Nolan worked with Bobby Elvis once before in Memento. Come on Nolan, work with Guy Pearce again! I have been waiting much too long to see you two reunite on film!

I personally felt Anne Hathaway is the best Catwoman out, surpassing Julie Newmar, though mostly because the Catwoman I grew up was Michelle Pfeifer instead but Anne Hathaway's Catwoman had more of an action girl vibe to her but had that moral dilemma in her as well
I cannot argue with Hathaway being a better Catwoman than Pfeiffer. I was okay with Pfeiffer in Batman Returns but never felt any real attachment to her. Hathaway certainly was tops.

as for what you said in the spoiler tag
I agree with what happened with Blake, that bugged the shit out of me, though it was probably suppose to connect how he's basically a combination of all 3 Robins, since apparently Robin is his name, which is a really odd way for Nolan to include Robin in his Batman universe but I'll go with it, also Miranda Tate, I really honestly figured she turned out to be Talia al Ghul the moment she appeared in the trailer despite numerous denials by Marion Cotillard and the fact a young Talia was cast though the entire "Bane being Ra's son" did throw me off

I was also kind of questioning the whole punch the disc back form of healing. That was a bit out there. I had not really heard rumors that Marion was secretly
Talia Al Ghul
but I figured as much when she spoke about justice with Bruce at the big fat spread.

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Bane+Friendzone+d.+How+could+she+really+even+kiss+him+tho_a89c56_3930470.jpg
CheMateo

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 pm

Huge breaking news coming, looks like The Dark Knight Rises won't be the last time Christopher Nolan will be involved with Batman as well as it might not be the last time we see Christian Bale as Batman as well

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/exc ... ce-league/

Seems like a rumor but Latino Reviews has broken news before that turned out to be true
El Asian

Return to General Discussion