PWG needs to come to San Diego

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG needs to come to San Diego

Postby Nasty Nate » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 am

We got great weather, appreciative fans, and i'm sure they can find a building with cheap rent. I know its probably too expensive but The Spreckels Theater would be an awesome place to have a wrestling event.
Nasty Nate

Re: PWG needs to come to San Diego

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Just how far is San Diego from Reseda?
Garden State Saint

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 pm

143 miles/ around 2 and a half hour drive. They could do it the next time they take a month off so they could get everything in order and have an extra month to promote it.
Nasty Nate

Postby loserkings007 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Or, you could come down to Reseda...?
loserkings007

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 pm

........I do come to Reseda. I just feel that since they are the best promotion in southern california(if not best in the US) that it would make sense to come here every once and awhile. They could do a 2 day show so it could off set some of the travel expenses for them
Nasty Nate

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Several of us come from the bay area, the last thing we need is an aditional 5 hous of driving.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Nasty Nate wrote:143 miles/ around 2 and a half hour drive.

143 miles is 2 and a half hours? The distance between where I live and the ECW Arena is 177 and the average time to get there is an hour and 45 minutes.
Garden State Saint

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:

143 miles is 2 and a half hours? The distance between where I live and the ECW Arena is 177 and the average time to get there is an hour and 45 minutes.

HA! Southern California traffic New Jersey traffic.
abouttreefitty350

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:44 pm

Southern California, dude :|
So Cal Punk

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 am

eastbay510 wrote:Several of us come from the bay area, the last thing we need is an aditional 5 hous of driving.

well shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, if they can go to Germany, England, and France, San Diego shouldn't be too bad
Nasty Nate

Postby Meltman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 am

Nasty Nate wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Several of us come from the bay area, the last thing we need is an aditional 5 hous of driving.

well shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, if they can go to Germany, England, and France, San Diego shouldn't be too bad

And have you noticed how long ago those trips were?
Meltman

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 am

Nasty Nate wrote:

Oh its that bad, lol, Im not about to drive 9+ hours each way for a show, I think things are fine the way they are.
eastbay510

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 am

lol
Nasty Nate

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:21 am

Also when they went to Europe it was a whole different market, If they went to San Diego it is essentially the same market, Im assuming almost all the so cal people would still attend. The only difference would be a bigger headache for the nor cal fans and even the guys who come down from the fresno area. So same market, just more inconvienent, doesent acomplish anything, I just dont see it happening.
eastbay510

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

eastbay510 wrote:Also when they went to Europe it was a whole different market, If they went to San Diego it is essentially the same market, Im assuming almost all the so cal people would still attend. The only difference would be a bigger headache for the nor cal fans and even the guys who come down from the fresno area. So same market, just more inconvienent, doesent acomplish anything, I just dont see it happening.

I was only suggesting they do it every once in a while. Just out of curiosity, how many nor cal fans come to these shows? I wouldn't say it's the same market, the only similarities I see is that they are both southern california. I would think it would accomplish getting new casual fans that arn't familiar with pwg.
Nasty Nate

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 am

abouttreefitty350 wrote:

HA! Southern California traffic New Jersey traffic.

I've heard some bad things about traffic over there but the turnpike connecting New Jersey to Pennsylvania can be just as crappy.
Garden State Saint

Postby luca brasi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 am

c'mon, man. You're driving 177 miles in 105 minutes. That means you're driving over 100 miles an hour to the show.
luca brasi

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am

Nasty Nate wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Also when they went to Europe it was a whole different market, If they went to San Diego it is essentially the same market, Im assuming almost all the so cal people would still attend. The only difference would be a bigger headache for the nor cal fans and even the guys who come down from the fresno area. So same market, just more inconvienent, doesent acomplish anything, I just dont see it happening.

I was only suggesting they do it every once in a while. Just out of curiosity, how many nor cal fans come to these shows? I wouldn't say it's the same market, the only similarities I see is that they are both southern california. I would think it would accomplish getting new casual fans that arn't familiar with pwg.

There are 3 that come down with me and at least 2 other groups that I know of, the only people who benefit from shows being in San Diego are people in San Diego. Im assuming most fans that attend live in the LA area, and Im sure they wouldnt appreciate the 2 in a half hour drive (not that Im saying you do), the nor cal people already have a lot of driving to do as it is, the people from the fresno area dont want to add hours to their long drive. How many people live in San Diego? those people will benefit, and PWG may draw some new fans, but the majority of the regulars would have a much tougher time with this(and thats no disrespect to the city or its residents).
eastbay510

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

I live in Chula Vista, which is the south side of San Diego. We're a few minutes drive from the border. When the opportunity arises, I make the effort to drive all the way up to Reseda to see a PWG show and then drive back, meaning I don't get home till 3am. I am aware that there are other San Diegans who travel to PWG. I would very much like to see PWG run a show in San Diego, but then that's up to PWG to decide.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am

Let's get it done! I called some places in El Cajon and Oceanside and there are available venues
Nasty Nate

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum