2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Postby NHfan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

eastbay510 wrote:As long as Joey loses in the first round Im happy.

I agree 100% with this.
NHfan

Postby NHfan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Meltman: "I can't disagree with that. My thought behind the interference in the Main Event was that Mack avenges something Cage did to him in the Semis. Say, either Cage costs Mack his Semi match or they face each other in the Semis and Cage wins with a dirty tactic. Cage vs. Strong then happens, Mack interferes, and Cage doesn't look weak losing and Strong doesn't get booed 100% for beating a guy like Cage (who the crowd will likely cheer both night)."

I'm gonna say it again, I think Mack should interfere in the first round, lose to Sami, and we can get a Cage/Mack (and possibly Steen?) brawl on Night 2.
NHfan

Postby Meltman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Bored, here's some losery fake booking.

BOLA Night 1

1. TJ Perkins b. Joey Ryan
2. Eddie Edwards b. Kyle O'Reilly
3. El Generico b. Adam Cole
4. Michael Elgin b. Davey Richards
5. Roderick Strong b. Drake Younger
6. Brian Cage b. B-Boy
7. Sami Callihan b. Willie Mack
8. Kevin Steen b. Ricochet

Cage costs Mack his match against Sami.

BOLA Night 2

1. El Generico b. TJ Perkins
2. Michael Elgin b. Eddie Edwards
3. Roderick Strong b. Sami Callihan
4. Kevin Steen b. Brian Cage

^ Mack avenges Night 1's loss, costing Cage his own match. This sets up a grudge match on the next show.

5. Semi - Michael Elgin b. El Generico
6. Semi - Roderick Strong b. Kevin Steen
7. B-Boy, Willie Mack, Ricochet, Joey Ryan & Drake Younger vs. (heel) Future Shock, Davey Richards & The Young Bucks
8. BOLA Final - Roderick Strong b. Michael Elgin

By both winning BOLA and beating Steen non-title, Strong becomes new #1 contender.
Meltman

Postby ShadowMaster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:53 pm

I guess there is Noway that SSB is gonna be booked for this show .
ShadowMaster

Postby NHfan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Meltman's bookings aren't too bad actually lol.
NHfan

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am

As long as everyone yells "Respect" every time Davey or Kyle kick or chop someone.
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:57 pm

zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:As long as everyone yells "Respect" every time Davey or Kyle kick or chop someone.

No we have enough stupid chants as it is.
krayzie Bone

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 am

My Pics for Night One :
1.) TJP over Joey Ryan
2.) Eddie Edwards over Kyle O'Reily
3.) El Generico over Adam Cole ( I would love to see Cole win but just don't see it )
4.) Davey Richards over Michael Elgin
5.) Roderick Strong over Drake Younger
6.) Brian Cage over B- Boy
7.) Sami Callihan over Willie Mack
8.) Kevin Steen over Ricochet

Like Meltman had said earlier I do believe Cage will cost Mack he's match against Sami .

Night Two :

1.)El Generico over TJP
2.)Eddie Edwards over Davey Richards
3.)Roderick Strong over Sami Callahan
4.)Kevin Steen over Brian Cage ( Mack cost's Cage the match )

Semi- Finals
5.) Eddie Edwards over El Generico
6.) Roderick Strong over Kevin Steen

BOLA Finals :
Roderick Strong over Eddie Edwards

I would love to see a Tag Match on night 2 maybe even a number 1 contenders match with Rockness Monsters v.s The Young Bucks or even a 3-way Tag Match with Future Shock v.s Rockness v.s The Bucks . Can't wait till this weekend .
ShadowMaster

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:24 pm

I would love to see Callihan vs. Generico or Elgin vs Cage in the finals. I'm not sure how the brackets are set-up based on the info. Callihan needs a big win and is fairly over with the crowd, Generico is the returning BOLA champ, Cage/Mack are red-hot in PWG right now (I prefer Cage slightly over Mack but both are great) and Michael Elgin is just personal preference because I'm not sure if the crowd will still be with Davey R. or not (admittedly, I would love for Davey to lose first round and turn heel in frustration).
Itchypanda

Postby loserkings007 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Itchypanda wrote:I would love to see Callihan vs. Generico or Elgin vs Cage in the finals. I'm not sure how the brackets are set-up based on the info. Callihan needs a big win and is fairly over with the crowd, Generico is the returning BOLA champ, Cage/Mack are red-hot in PWG right now (I prefer Cage slightly over Mack but both are great) and Michael Elgin is just personal preference because I'm not sure if the crowd will still be with Davey R. or not (admittedly, I would love for Davey to lose first round and turn heel in frustration).

I loved Callihan vs Generico from EVOLVE. Seeing it in PWG would be great
loserkings007

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Just found out I have to fly out for a family emergency and won't be able to attend...I'm hoping the PWG faithful will chant "Happy Birthday" to Sami Callihan on Sept. 1st. I'll watch this one on DVD. Have fun everyone!
Itchypanda

Postby Nasty Nate » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:31 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:As long as everyone yells "Respect" every time Davey or Kyle kick or chop someone.

First I cant post a link on his Bandits promo, now its stupid to chant respect......sighhhhhhhh :roll:
Nasty Nate

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am

Nasty Nate wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:

First I cant post a link on his Bandits promo, now its stupid to chant respect......sighhhhhhhh :roll:

I don't even know where this gimmick of respect comes from? I don't give a shit what they do in ROH or anywhere else, this is PWG. Now on another note I hope Drake goes over Roderick. I like Roderick but we've seen way too many of his matches and him advancing in BOLA is way too predictable. On the other hand Drake's work is not well known on the west coast and he should showcase himself in a prestigious tournament such as BOLA.
krayzie Bone

Postby NHfan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm

I like Drake, but not sure if he's good enough to go over Roddy, or to be consistently entertaining for a whole tourney. I saw the 2008 TPI Drake won and it wasn't bad but def my least favorite. I understand that was 4 years ago but still, Drake is good, but not fantastic.
NHfan

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Allow me to retort on behalf of our beloved krayzie.

Quote from earlier:

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't want a predictable winner, I hope someone we don't expect to win would win this tournament like B Boy or Drake or Sami. B Boy has been busting his ass in this business for the longest time now, he deserves BOLA win.

Coincidentally, all CZW guys. I'm surprised you didn't mention Cole there.

"Drake has busted his ass, he deserves this!"

"But he's only had one mat--"

"But THE BUSINESS!"

So basically, in the PWG realm, wrestlers should be rewarded for an all-around effort, not simply their efforts in said company.

It's called pacing. Look how they did it with SSB. They waited to see if the fans stayed red-hot, and when they did, SSB were rewarded. You don't throw a tournament win at a brand-new guy, no matter how good he is.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Meltaman why don't you give Excalibur a call and offer your booking services if you are such an expert. I like how your conspiracy theory of me grows stronger too. First I was Ian's guy, now I'm trying to push CZW talent. I guess you forgot many many other promotions where Drake B Boy and Sami work at. But that is OK your ignorance is always refreshing.
krayzie Bone

Postby Meltman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Meltaman why don't you give Excalibur a call and offer your booking services if you are such an expert.

I like the booking just fine. But I didn't care for your two cents, so it was easier to simply shit on that. In fact, you saw me compliment the booking right there, with the whole SSB example. Way to point out the victim.

krayzie Bone wrote:I like how your conspiracy theory of me grows stronger too. First I was Ian's guy, now I'm trying to push CZW talent. I guess you forgot many many other promotions where Drake B Boy and Sami work at. But that is OK your ignorance is always refreshing.

Go ahead and tell me where else Drake and B-Boy have worked regularly in the last 2 years. Something I can recognize.

Your comments thus far have helped make this thread great. Allow me to highlight this:

krayzie Bone wrote:I like Roderick but we've seen way too many of his matches and him advancing in BOLA is way too predictable.

You're anti-Roderick because "we've seen way too many of his matches"? I guess there's a new gimmick this year where every match Strong has at BOLA is Loser Leaves Town. Win or lose, I think he's booked on the next show, no? Being reliable and all, hence all these BOLA appearances.

Oh, and he lost in Round 1 last year. So predictable!

krayzie Bone wrote:On the other hand Drake's work is not well known on the west coast and he should showcase himself in a prestigious tournament such as BOLA.

"He's not well-known here, not exactly his comfort zone just yet. So let's give him 4 consecutive wins, a trophy and a future title shot."

And I like you throwing Strong/Drake into this long list of Strong's "way too many matches". This is a real showcase match. A kind of match nobody else books. You realize Drake will be at Night 2 also, right? And that you don't have to win to have a showcase.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh yeah Meltaman my two cents don't count. Let me remind you that I support PWG with a lot more then two cents every month, while you seating at home in an undisclosed location and just troll the message board. Fun aint it?

Did I ever say that I expect Drake to win BOLA? No I said I want B Boy to win BOLA because he is a very big local name and has been part of SOCAL wrestling since forever. I can't name all the promotions where Drake works besides CZW, but Evolve and IPW come to my mind for sure. As far as B Boy goes, he is barely even in CZW anymore, he mostly works in SOCAL. And what is your problem with CZW exactly? Its one of the best companies in America. And if you gonna give me a lame comment like "they only do death matches" then its obvious you haven't seen their shows for the past 2 years. And yes big PWG names always winning is way too predictable and it can become boring.
krayzie Bone

Postby Meltman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 am

krayzie Bone wrote:Oh yeah Meltaman my two cents don't count.

It does count, it's just that nobody takes your word seriously.

krayzie Bone wrote:Let me remind you that I support PWG with a lot more then two cents every month, while you seating at home in an undisclosed location and just troll the message board. Fun aint it?

I could also drive 8 hours and make a show, but I'm just not into that. You have the motivation, and I applaud you, sir! Your brain seems to expand with each passing live experience.

krayzie Bone wrote:Did I ever say that I expect Drake to win BOLA? No I said I want B Boy to win BOLA because he is a very big local name and has been part of SOCAL wrestling since forever.

Who gives a shit? How does his work elsewhere in California pertain to PWG? He's a big local name so he should beat a bunch of fly-ins. Makes sense.

krayzie Bone wrote:I can't name all the promotions where Drake works besides CZW, but Evolve and IPW come to my mind for sure.

Yeah, this is why is used the words "regularly" and "recognize". He's been on like 2 Evolve shows, that was 2 years ago.

krayzie Bone wrote:IAs far as B Boy goes, he is barely even in CZW anymore, he mostly works in SOCAL.

Exactly. Now we're back to square one. He works a bunch of no-name small indies. Not knocking on that, man's gotta work. I'm saying your favoritism comes from a specific place, and this next part proves that.

krayzie Bone wrote:IAnd what is your problem with CZW exactly? Its one of the best companies in America. And if you gonna give me a lame comment like "they only do death matches" then its obvious you haven't seen their shows for the past 2 years.

So, in conclusion, the "conspiracy" is a reality. You end this pathetic arm-flop with a hack tirade about "they're not just deathmatches". Guess what? I don't mind the deathmatches. I've seen enough non-deathmatch Botchamania to see they suck all-around, and 2 good matches on a 10-match card doesn't equal "a good card".

krayzie Bone wrote:And yes big PWG names always winning is way too predictable and it can become boring

By all accounts, people mainly expect Mack or Cage to win. Very predictable, huh? A young local guy winning a prestigious tournament.
Meltman

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 am

So, my plane landed, I check my e-mail, check the new sites to see what calamity has befallen the world and at the last second I decide to check the PWG boards to see if the BOLA card has changed in any way. No changes, but I see fans arguing back and forth. Not one fan is more credible than the next fan, unless that fan is a booker. Let's just chill out and wait for the show to start. I pray someone posts the results with a little more detail than Wrestler A over Wrestler B, but if that's the only avenue I have for the results, I'll order the DVD eventually. I would love the East Coast to represent strong (Callihan, Younger, O'Reilly, etc.) but I'll be happy with whatever result occurs because PWG is on a roll with their shows. Peace and happiness, guys, peace and happiness. Tomorrow is almost upon us.
Itchypanda

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum