Stable Ideas

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Stable Ideas

Postby TheGhostOfChrisBosh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Just a few thoughts. Tell me what you think.

The Canadian Wrecking Crew: Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, and Kyle O'Reilly (if he does break away from Future Shock or Team Ambition)

Super Smash BROLE!: Super Smash Bros, El Generico, and a really cheesy name.

MOTHER F**KING ROCK STARS WHO GET THEIR SH*T IN (A.K.A. MFRSGMSI) : The Young Bucks and Brian Cage (may already be established)

No Gimmick Necessary: Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, and Roderick Strong.

Willie Mack, Rick Knox, and Excalibur. (DREAM TEAM)
TheGhostOfChrisBosh

Re: Stable Ideas

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Good idea, but I don't think it's practical. The roster isn't huge, and creating stables like that really limits the booking opportunities.
abouttreefitty350

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm

I agree with the above poster. If anything I'd rather see more 6 man tags with stories intertwined into one match. But of course putting six wrestlers in one match could bump an 8 match card to a 7 match card.
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:48 pm

How about stable that were going to happen, but didn't?

In late '09, they highly teased a stable war between The Young Bucks/Brian Kendrick and El Generico/Kenny Omega/Rick Knox. Knox has been a star all along, just waiting for his moment.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Idea:

I'd love the ongoing SSB vs. Bucks feud to progress into a huge stable war.

Next show: SSB defends the titles against the newly-heelish RockNES Monsters. SSB retains, but RockNES attack them post-match to turn fully heel. Steen saves SSB, running RockNES out. Steen brings up how he once respected RockNES (they have some history from Steen knocking Yuma out and attacking them both at KRR2). RockNES doesn't give in. On the same show, Steen retains against Adam Cole.

Next show: SSB defends vs. The Bucks in a standard match. RockNES interfere on behalf of The Bucks. Steen runs them off, allowing SSB to retain once more. RockNES and Bucks gang up 4-on-3 against SSB/Steen. Rick Knox makes it even, but Steen's new enemy Adam Cole makes it 5-on-4. Topping is off? El Generico, who's also pissed at Cole for losing at BOLA.

Suddenly, you have 2 frustrated heel teams joining up with the BOLA winner vs. SSB, Knox, Steen & (hesitantly) Generico. It tops off in a huge Guerrilla Games match, which hasn't been done in a long fucking time.

It could become a 6-on-6 debacle if they added Mack to the face side & Cage to the heel side. After all, Cage is already involved against Steen, and Mack is looking for revenge against Cage.

Yeah, this will never happen.
Meltman

Postby NHfan » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Meltman wrote:Idea:

I'd love the ongoing SSB vs. Bucks feud to progress into a huge stable war.

Next show: SSB defends the titles against the newly-heelish RockNES Monsters. SSB retains, but RockNES attack them post-match to turn fully heel. Steen saves SSB, running RockNES out. Steen brings up how he once respected RockNES (they have some history from Steen knocking Yuma out and attacking them both at KRR2). RockNES doesn't give in. On the same show, Steen retains against Adam Cole.

Next show: SSB defends vs. The Bucks in a standard match. RockNES interfere on behalf of The Bucks. Steen runs them off, allowing SSB to retain once more. RockNES and Bucks gang up 4-on-3 against SSB/Steen. Rick Knox makes it even, but Steen's new enemy Adam Cole makes it 5-on-4. Topping is off? El Generico, who's also pissed at Cole for losing at BOLA.

Suddenly, you have 2 frustrated heel teams joining up with the BOLA winner vs. SSB, Knox, Steen & (hesitantly) Generico. It tops off in a huge Guerrilla Games match, which hasn't been done in a long fucking time.

It could become a 6-on-6 debacle if they added Mack to the face side & Cage to the heel side. After all, Cage is already involved against Steen, and Mack is looking for revenge against Cage.

Yeah, this will never happen.

Ok, This is an awesome idea.
NHfan

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum