Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate on Oct. 27!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate on Oct. 27!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate Takes Place October 27, 2012!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Pope Valley, CA - Coming out of the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles there was a totally new hierarchy of power in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com). After all, World Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen was defeated in the opening round of the tournament by Ricochet in a non-title match, who in turn lost in the semi-final round to "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin. Unfortunately for Elgin, he was ultimately bested by the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles winner, the "Panama City Playboy," Adam Cole. Immediately after winning this year's tournament, Cole made his intentions of winning the Pro Wresting Guerrilla World Championship title abundantly clear. However, Cole also made it clear that he would be winning the World Championship on his own terms, on his own timeline.

Rather than writing any more about it, we will let the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles winner Adam Cole speak for himself:

Along with Adam Cole's refusal to accept his title shot or even appear at Failure to Communicate, World Tag Team Champions Player Uno and Stupefied, the Super Smash Brothers, have a previous engagement and will be unable to appear on October 27. The champs will be back in action at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's final event of the year in December.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate takes place Saturday, October 27, 2012, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35, and General Admission tickets are $25. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Three-Way Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Ricochet

-- With Adam Cole taking himself out of the picture at Failure to Communicate, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors were forced to look elsewhere for Kevin Steen's next challenger. After the first round of the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles, it was very easy to peg Ricochet as the number one contender for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship. But with Ricochet's elimination from the tournament, that also puts Michael Elgin's name into the number one contender conversation. Does the man who directly beat the World Champion receive the title shot, or does the man who beat the man who beat the man get named top contender? Rather than attempt to unravel this convoluted web, the Board decided to give both Michael Elgin and Ricochet a chance to dethrone "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen on October 27.
As if having to worry about facing two other world-class competitors, whichever man leaves Failure to Communicate as Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion will also be forced to confront (and endure the mind games of) the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles winner, the "Panama City Playboy" Adam Cole. Will the challenge waiting on the horizon unnerve the competitors, or will they be able to remain focused on the task at hand and devote all of their concentration to winning the World Championship?

Tag Team Match
Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

-- After the Super Smash Brothers were crowned the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Champions at Death to All But Metal, Player Uno and Stupefied put the titles on the line against Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly) and the former champions, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson), in one of the most talked-about matches of the year, a three-way ladder match for the titles at Threemendous III. Since Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's ninth anniversary event in July, the majority of the focus within the company has been on singles matches, due entirely to the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles. That is not the say that the World Tag Team Championship is any less important; on the contrary, the tag titles have been the source of much discussion, mainly due to the lack of a clear set of number one contenders.

The Young Bucks, two men who are defined by their enormous success as tag team wrestlers, immediately began angling for a shot at the world titles. The Jacksons claimed that because their match with Super Smash Brothers at Threemendous III was a three-way match, it was not a true rematch, and therefore they deserved another chance to dethrone the new champions. The Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors were unconvinced, and agreed that while impressive, the Bucks' previous tag team achievements do not necessarily warrant unlimited title shots. Therefore, like all other tag teams in this post-Death to All But Metal world, the Bucks will have to prove their worth.

Two men familiar with putting in work and proving themselves are Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards. After both were eliminated in the quarter-final round of the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles, the pair, having previously teamed together in Pro Wrestling NOAH, decided to reunite and try their luck at the World Tag Team Championship titles. Roderick is a multiple-time Tag Team Champion in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and while Eddie Edwards has not reached the top of the mountain in PWG, his success elsewhere makes him a very serious threat for anyone unlucky enough to be standing across the ring from him.

Edwards and Strong know that they're starting off near the bottom of the tag team food chain, but a win over the former champions would certainly propel them up the ladder. However, The Young Bucks are not known as the most dominant tag team Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has ever seen because they're push overs. Sure, they can talk the talk, but they can walk the walk, as well. Have the Bucks lost a step, along with losing the titles, or was their defeats at the hands of the Super Smash Brothers just momentary set backs?

Singles Grudge Match
Brian Cage vs. Willie Mack

-- When Brian Cage challenged "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship, he had no one to blame but himself (well, ostensibly Kevin Steen, too) for coming up short. When Willie Mack challenged Steen for the title at Threemendous III, Willie Mack could not only blame himself (and ostensibly Kevin Steen), but Brian Cage, as well. After Senior Official Rick Knox was incapacitated during Willie and Steen's match, Cage hit the ring and decked both champion and challenger alike. While it is unknown how much of an effect this had on the outcome of the match, Cage's interference undoubtedly put an Asterix next to Willie Mack's first-ever Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship title shot.

Fast forward to the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles, where Brian Cage once again interjected himself into Kevin Steen's match, though this time the interference backfired, with Cage finding himself on the receiving end of a package piledriver. To most rational men, this would be the end of things. You tried to jump a guy, but he got the better things and dropped you on your head. However, Cage was unsatisfied and continued to run his mouth by not only calling Steen a coward for refusing to accept Cage's challenge, but Willie Mack as well, naming him an unworthy challenger to the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship.

Having seen and heard enough, Willie Mack approached the Board of Directors and asked that he be granted a match with Brian Cage. Not a number one contender match, not even a number two contender match, but a match where Willie Mack can get his hands on Brian Cage, and kick his cheating ass. The Board, always happy to see a grudge match take place (typically because it results in a lot of spilled, and subsequently purchased, beer), obliged, and therefore on October 27 at Failure to Communicate, Brian Cage will take on Willie Mack, one-on-one!

Singles Match
Sami Callihan vs. Davey Richards

Singles Match
El Generico vs. Rich Swann

Tag Team Match
B-Boy & Famous B vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Joey Ryan vs. Ryan Taylor

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate takes place on Saturday, October 27, 2012, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35, and General Admission tickets are $25. Ticket presales will begin on Thursday, September 20, 2012, at 8:00PM PDT. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on October 23, 2012, at 10:00PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change. Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns on October 27!

Postby ajday » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:
Singles Match
Sami Callihan vs. Davey Richards

Singles Match
El Generico vs. Rich Swann

Check back on Tuesday for more details!

Damn. Two matches and already I'm getting excited. Too bad I won't be able to make it in October.
ajday

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Why not just announce the rest of the card now!! Those two matches already sold out the front row!
ShapeShifter75

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 am

My birthday is the 21st and I'm asking my girlfriend to get me front row tickets for this show. If they sell out in 8 minutes again......needless to say....it will not be a happy birthday :x
Nasty Nate

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 am

Two great matches to start of with.
Garden State Saint

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:58 am

I wish there was a way to edit posts. I didn't see that they posted the exact date and time tickets go on sale, looks like I will be out of luck again..... :roll:
Nasty Nate

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:39 am

2 sweet matches... this is going to be a good week.
The Franchise13

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 am

So do they pull the trigger on Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole on this show or do they wait? Definitely wouldn't mind that main eventing this bad boy. If Davey is there, I would think O'Reilly will probably be there too, so a matchup of O'Reilly vs. Drake Younger would be pretty bad ass too.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Two awesome matches, so happy Rich Swan in PWG now. I have a feeling we might get another Steen Wolf quality type of show.
krayzie Bone

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm

I imagine they are gonna have SSB vs RockNESS... if not I hope its SSB vs Elgin and Strong
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:43 pm

PhenomenalTLD wrote:So do they pull the trigger on Kevin Steen vs. Adam Cole on this show or do they wait? Definitely wouldn't mind that main eventing this bad boy. If Davey is there, I would think O'Reilly will probably be there too, so a matchup of O'Reilly vs. Drake Younger would be pretty bad ass too.

I think they should wait until at least the December show
El Asian

Postby camstun187 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm

This is make or break for Swann. He has really risen up in the indy circuit over the past two years. I hope he doesn't get the jitters and fuck his chance up like Red did.
camstun187

Postby TheGhostOfChrisBosh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

And the name of the show is...

COLETASTROPHE!

(DO IT)
TheGhostOfChrisBosh

Postby El Asian » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:34 pm

camstun187 wrote:This is make or break for Swann. He has really risen up in the indy circuit over the past two years. I hope he doesn't get the jitters and fuck his chance up like Red did.

Swann has been on tour with Dragon Gate for a year or so and putting him against Generico is a great way to for Swann to impress the PWG crowd and he'll do better than Red as Swann is probably more used to working longer matches than Red has as of late
El Asian

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm

so card announced today..along with the other two matches announced I'm hoping for...

Kevin Steen-vs-Adam Cole

Brian Cage-vs-Michael Elgin-vs-Willie Mack-#1 Contenders Match

RockNES Monsters-vs-Super Smash Brothers

TJ Perkins-vs-Kyle O'Reilly

Young Bucks-vs-Fighting Taylor Boys

Eddie Edwards-vs-Riccochet
ShapeShifter75

Postby Nasty Nate » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:58 am

I don't know, for some reason RockNES Monsters just don't do it for me. They're fun to watch and all but I don't think I've ever seen anything that really made me get behind them(as far as being champs). I think Elgin and Strong broke up last weekend but then again future shock still tagged together at threemendous III. I just took a look at the roster..... how about Drake and Ricochet vs SSB?
Nasty Nate

Postby NHfan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 am

ShapeShifter75 wrote:so card announced today..along with the other two matches announced I'm hoping for...

Kevin Steen-vs-Adam Cole

Brian Cage-vs-Michael Elgin-vs-Willie Mack-#1 Contenders Match

RockNES Monsters-vs-Super Smash Brothers

TJ Perkins-vs-Kyle O'Reilly

Young Bucks-vs-Fighting Taylor Boys

Eddie Edwards-vs-Riccochet

I would alter this only slightly
Steen vs. Cole
Cage vs. Elgin vs. Mack vs. Ricochet
Monsters vs. SSB
TJ vs. O'reilly
Bucks vs. Drake and BBoy
Edwards vs. Joey
(Ricochet pinned Steen, he should be in the contenders match as well. The other changes, I just like Drake and BBoy as a team and then couldn't think of what else to do with Edwards but I like seeing him on the card lol.)
NHfan

Postby ajday » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Nasty Nate wrote:I think Elgin and Strong broke up last weekend but then again future shock still tagged together at threemendous III.

Don't forget, different company with different story lines/angles. What happens in one promotion doesn't always happen in another. ;)

I hope they do not have Cole vs. Steen so early. I mean, I'd rather see Steen "defend" against Mack/Cage to finish off that feud before they put Cole in. Cole does have the match whenever he wants it, though. So who knows exactly.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing TJ vs. O'Reilly
ajday

Postby AndyDiaz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Maybe they're planning on doing a fourway for the belt. Steen vs Cage vs Mack vs Cole. That would be fucking crazy, but I do feel that willie mack could be a future champion aswell as both cage and cole.

But I definitely know PWG wont disappoint.
AndyDiaz

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm

it's PWG...of course it'll be awesome!!

heard through the grapevine one match will be Brian Cage-vs-Willie Mack!

so those three matches are awesomeness already!!
ShapeShifter75

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum