Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns December 1!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns December 1!

Postby ajday » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm

With PWG's tweet last night, I assume the name will be around Guerrilla Island again. At least, that's what I see from their tweet. Could be wrong, though.
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 am

Holy shit has anyone been on PWG's Twitter? It looks like nothing is gonna be anounced before the show... I like it, I'm still hoping for Generico vs. Elgin.
eastbay510

Postby ShapeShifter75 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 am

call the show

Return to Guerrilla Island
possible card could be

Title Match
Kevin Steen-vs-Adam Cole

Guerrilla Warfare Match
Willie Mack-vs-Brian Cage

TJ Perkins-vs-Rich Swann

Sami Callihan-vs-Ryan Taylor

Tag Title Match
Rockness Monsters-vs-Super Smash Bros.

Joey Ryan-vs-Roderick Strong
BBoy/Famous B-vs-Young Bucks

Drake Younger -vs-Eddie Edwards
ShapeShifter75

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I really hope there's no Famous B or B-Boy on the card for the December 1 show . As for Famous B his performance at the last show was sub par to put it nicely . I would rather have PWG bring back Ray Roses over Famous B . As for B-Boy the only match I have watched of his that was solid was the Younger match other then that I haven't seen anything from him that makes me see why he gets brought back all the time . This is just my opinion , I would really like to see Roderick and Edwards team up to face SSB or even The Young Bucks on the 1st .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I really hope there's no Famous B or B-Boy on the card for the December 1 show . As for Famous B his performance at the last show was sub par to put it nicely . I would rather have PWG bring back Ray Roses over Famous B . As for B-Boy the only match I have watched of his that was solid was the Younger match other then that I haven't seen anything from him that makes me see why he gets brought back all the time . This is just my opinion , I would really like to see Roderick and Edwards team up to face SSB or even The Young Bucks on the 1st .

Also no Ryan Taylor, thank God, I wonder if they will have a big surprise for us like bring in Tozawa or Omega or some body like that without announcing it.
eastbay510

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:28 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:I really hope there's no Famous B or B-Boy on the card for the December 1 show . As for Famous B his performance at the last show was sub par to put it nicely . I would rather have PWG bring back Ray Roses over Famous B . As for B-Boy the only match I have watched of his that was solid was the Younger match other then that I haven't seen anything from him that makes me see why he gets brought back all the time . This is just my opinion , I would really like to see Roderick and Edwards team up to face SSB or even The Young Bucks on the 1st .

Also no Ryan Taylor, thank God, I wonder if they will have a big surprise for us like bring in Tozawa or Omega or some body like that without announcing it.

I prefer B-Boy over Famous B. Famous could sometimes be sloppy, and if u were to put him in a singles one-on-one match with anybody, you could almost put money that his opponent will win. At least B-Boy could put up a fight and make it entertaining.

As far as Ryan Taylor, ever since they broke up the Taylor Boys, he has been lost in the shuffle. I do prefer Rosas over him. I think its best to let Taylor go and find another tag team that could be a contender to the Tag Title straps.
The Franchise13

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:43 pm

I agree about bringing in more teams, there are no more Taylor boys, RockNESS has lost so much steam that they arnt anywhere close to those titles, future shock is no more, The Briscoes are damn near impossable to book, and SSB have beaten the Young Bucks 3 times for the titles and 4 times overall this year.

I think ACH should be brought in to team with Swann... and if not him mabey Gargano and Taylor could team up, or mabey even the Bravados. As far as this show goes they could do SSB vs strong/eddie, if they don't do that I have no clue what else they would do.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I forgot there is also no more dynasty or Steen/dragon
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:04 pm

I do agree PWG could bring in a few times soon, maybe by DDT4 next year most likely and I don't agree PWG should get rid of Taylor and B, I would prefer they keep them as well as bring back some previous local guys they haven't brought back for awhile and a few new guys to give some exposure to local guys, personally I'd like to see Ryan Taylor and Peter Avalon as a tag team because it could work with Avalon being the talker and Taylor being the workrate type of worker, anyways there's are threads to talk about these things instead of here, so best not to overrun the thread about it and just stick talking about the show on December 1

but yeah, very ballsy move on PWG to not announce a lineup for this show and it says a lot about PWG that only they can get away doing this while other promotions can't and also, Cole has some words for Steen

El Asian

Postby camstun187 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 am

Umm, PWG, your card is in 3 weeks. I think it's time to show the card already....
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 am

Just checked twitter. Seems like they are keeping the card a total surprise until the show happens.

Like the above poster said....That takes balls.
camstun187

Postby b2u » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:11 am

So is the name of the show "RunSteenRun" or "Steen vs. Cole"? Or something completely different?
b2u

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:33 pm

b2u wrote:So is the name of the show "RunSteenRun" or "Steen vs. Cole"? Or something completely different?

PWG tweeted this a week ago: To find The Hatch on Guerrilla Island use the following coordinates: x:1769m y:4351m. To open, use the following numbers: 5-4-40-11-6-12.

I'm guessing the name will be announced the day of the show and will likely have a returning Guerilla Island theme. Just a guess, though.
Itchypanda

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 am

Making my PWG return......making the announcement like anyone cares lol #PWGkliq
Souf Centrol

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Where the hell has the terminator been? We can't close out the year properly if we don't have a terminator dance.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Itchypanda wrote:
b2u wrote:So is the name of the show "RunSteenRun" or "Steen vs. Cole"? Or something completely different?

PWG tweeted this a week ago: To find The Hatch on Guerrilla Island use the following coordinates: x:1769m y:4351m. To open, use the following numbers: 5-4-40-11-6-12.

I'm guessing the name will be announced the day of the show and will likely have a returning Guerilla Island theme. Just a guess, though.

It's a reference to a reference from Just 'Cause 2. Then again, I could be wrong.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby ajday » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 pm

It was announced that this will be Joey's last show.

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/268924874200842240

Sad to see this, but at hopefully this means he'll be at TNA for a while.
ajday

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 pm

I don't understand all this hate for B Boy. PWG is booking him cause he is one of the best local guys around. Of all the Dragon Gate guys out there all you want to see is Tozawa? Why?
Who is gonna pay for an airline ticket from Japan? You guys have to realize that PWG will go broke if every wrestler on the card is a fly in. I personally would like to see less fly in's, less ROH guys and more local guys. Its the local guys that need exposure, ROH guys are already over, PWG is just another fed that they wrestle in, no matter how often they get on the mic and say, "this is my favorite place to wrestle" lol

Give younger local guys a chance to shine and make name for themselves. Local guys are not gonna be noticed wrestling for shitty ass wrestling promotions in California that don't even get filmed. PWG is the only place in Cali where shit matters and from where future important bookings may follow.

I know I'm shooting like a mother fucker right now but its the God damn truth boy.
krayzie Bone

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Sad to hear about Joey leaving. It is hard to imagine a PWG without Joey Ryan. He is probably the most under appreciated performer ever in the promotion. I hope he gets big send off here.
TigerDriver98

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:30 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I don't understand all this hate for B Boy. PWG is booking him cause he is one of the best local guys around. Of all the Dragon Gate guys out there all you want to see is Tozawa? Why?
Who is gonna pay for an airline ticket from Japan? You guys have to realize that PWG will go broke if every wrestler on the card is a fly in. I personally would like to see less fly in's, less ROH guys and more local guys. Its the local guys that need exposure, ROH guys are already over, PWG is just another fed that they wrestle in, no matter how often they get on the mic and say, "this is my favorite place to wrestle" lol

Give younger local guys a chance to shine and make name for themselves. Local guys are not gonna be noticed wrestling for shitty ass wrestling promotions in California that don't even get filmed. PWG is the only place in Cali where shit matters and from where future important bookings may follow.

I know I'm shooting like a mother fucker right now but its the God damn truth boy.

I'm gonna disagree with a lot of what your saying. Im all about giving young guys a chance... If the're good. Cage and Mack are where they are not only because they are local (although that is a big part of it) but because they have a lot to offer and are guys to build their future around. You heard the crowd reactions during the other local guy's matches at the last show, nothing, the energy got sucked right out the room. I can promise you they wont get noticed by having boring matches and not getting reactions. to me most of the local guys are only there to fill spots. The bottom line is they have had lots of oppertunites to shine and have simply failed to do so, and I don't see how less fly ins would help anything.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum