Mystery Vortex DVD Now Shipping!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Mystery Vortex DVD Now Shipping!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Our final event of 2012, Mystery Vortex on DVD is now in stock and ready to ship! See the Super Smash Brothers defend their titles against the RockNES Monsters, El Generico take on Rich Swann, Kevin Steen battles Adam Cole in a Guerrilla Warfare match for the World Championship, and much, much more!

PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Mystery Vortex DVD Pre-Order

Postby camstun187 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Can we get a preview video anytime soon?

camstun187

Postby Hook The Leg » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 am

camstun187 wrote:Can we get a preview video anytime soon?

It's on their youtube page.
Hook The Leg

Postby camstun187 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks!
camstun187

Postby Hook The Leg » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 pm

No problem! Have a safe and Happy New Year!
Hook The Leg

Re: Mystery Vortex DVD Now Shipping!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Our final event of 2012, Mystery Vortex on DVD is now in stock and ready to ship! See the Super Smash Brothers defend their titles against the RockNES Monsters, El Generico take on Rich Swann, Kevin Steen battles Adam Cole in a Guerrilla Warfare match for the World Championship, and much, much more!

PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Life » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 am

Preorderd it, can't wait to receive it in the mail :mrgreen:
Life

Postby camstun187 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am

Just got all the way up to Swann/Generico

Opener was super duper fun. I can't remember a more exciting opener in recent memory. That dominator Strong gave one of the bucks was just absolutely vicious. One of the best parts of this match was a spot on the commentary when Steen mentioned how it's the only wrestling company he goes to and see's every single fan sitting with a smile on their face, looking happy as shit to be there, only for Excalibur to reply "It's a great feeling". That meant a lot.

Callihan Vs. Younger felt like a main event. It was great, great stuff from these two. They hammered home some incredible action. This match makes me believe that the main event for the next show should be these two in a death match.

RockNES Vs. SSB was REALLY unique. I must say that these two going one-on-one is like watching a science experiment. There is just so much fun and interesting stuff that they come up with. Kudos to this match, it really helped set a new pace for the show.

Joey Vs. Sky was good, and unfortunately not great. There was a lot of cool stuff thrown in, but it just felt slower than every other match. I'll have to watch it again when i'm not watching the whole show at once, just so I can judge it without having all of the other high-energy goodness surrounding it. I'd say the best part about this was Joey's speech. It was an incredible way to say goodbye. He broke character, and that's something he's never, ever done before in a PWG ring. It felt really good hearing him tell me, as a fan, what he truly thought.

The 4-way was absolutely ridiculous. I remember someone reviewing it and stating that it's like watching a group of guys trying to reinvent the 4-way. Incredibly innovative stuff here. I loved it. Watching 4 PWG locals have a match of this caliber has truly shown me how much their local talent has evolved. Kudos to all 4 men for this match.

Generico and Swann was just a notch below any PAC/Ricochet Vs. Generico match. It was one of those matches that peaked at the ***1/2-3/4 mark, and because of a hiccup or two, made it stay at that level. Swann is from here in Baltimore, i've actually chilled with him and Niles Young after some RCW shows. Swann is an impressive man inside of that ring, and his speed is just incredible. He has all the tools to get to PAC/Ricochet's level of match quality with an opponent like Generico. Generico even finished his last singles match in PWG with that amazing double pumphandle orange crush.

I will watch more when I stop being addicted to Mario Kart 7 online.
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am

Strong/Edwards vs. SSB was a good tag match, until the last five minutes, when it turned into a fucking barn burner. The combination of moves that Strongwards used to put them away was just so mean, and so intense, that I had to rewind it twice. That was gravy.

Cole Vs. Steen was....Cole Vs. Steen. I can't really describe how good this match was. You have to watch it. Shit happened. A lot. It was the definitive cherry on top of what was already in the top 3-4 PWG shows of all time.

Kudos, PWG, Kudos. I hate stating the obvious, but your company is on a roll right now that just can't be fucked with.
camstun187

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I watched Callihan vs. Younger the other day and thought it really delivered, was on par with their CZW matches from last year.
Garden State Saint

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum