Potential talent exodus

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Potential talent exodus

Postby toby80 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 am

What with the departure of El Generico, Brian Cage's TNA tryout and rumoured WWE tryouts for Adam Cole and Sami Callihan, I'm worried that PWG is going to lose a substantial chunk of its roster :o

Such talented guys deserve to hit the very heights of the industry. I just hope they don't leave all at once :(
toby80
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 pm

And I believe the Young Bucks are expressing to come to TNA and it does suck this is happening but with people on their way out, it allows other future talents to get an opportunity
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby Itchypanda » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Every part of the industry has it's ups and downs. Our loss is the national stage's gain. It only means that the WWE and TNA are going to have very talented people in their roster and might have me considering a PPV somewhere down the line. PWG may have some lesser known people wrestling in future shows but there are some talents in the indy circuit who are still amazing and have yet to make a PWG appearance. Cup half full, not half empty, right?
User avatar
Itchypanda
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:32 pm

With WWE Picking up people like crazy its very important for the Indys and not just PWG to start making new stars. There is actually a lot of guys with a lot of potential, and a lot of guys who just need a chance. Ill name a few who I feel could make an impact in the next few years.

ACH
Mike Bennett (yes I said that, he has gotten really good over the last year)
AR Fox
Johnny Gargano
Samuray Del Sol
Tony Nese
Uhaa Nation
Mr. Touchdown
Robert "Ego" Anthony is unretired
Bravados
Jigsaw (has gotten a lot better)

2 guys who you might not have heard of are Matt Taven and Adam Page, who have both been on ROH and look like they have a lot of potential. Im not saying PWG needs to book all these guys, but I am saying although it is a transitional time for sure there is a lot to be excited about in independant wrestling.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:22 pm

I agree with those most of those suggestions except Mike Bennett and Johnny Gargano are getting looked at by the WWE, so they might be out anyways, the Bravados, while decent, you can argue they still aren't worth flying quite yet though they are touring with NOAH, I do agree that there are local guys PWG can bring in or bring back instead as it is cheaper, I do hope for Samuray Del Sol in PWG soon and he is doing stuff with EVOLVE and DGUSA though he is working with AAA on and let's not forget the last time PWG has tried to get someone who had worked with AAA regularly and Jigsaw is on and off with TNA as of late, so you never know with him, I will say though, AR Fox is a safe bet as someone who will probably never go to TNA or WWE due to some film AR Fox did that I doubt WWE or TNA will ever look into the guy, there is a topic to talk about who PWG should bring in but I'll probably add a few more suggestions

Tommaso Ciampa
2 Cold Scorpio
Eddie Kingston
Robert Evans (also known as RD Evans and Archibald Peck)
3.0
Jimmy Jacobs
Arik Cannon
Colt Cabana
The Gentleman's Club

Probably have Chuck team with the Gentleman's Club obviously and as I mentioned, I would like to see, whenever they become available, for PWG bring guys from DDT and BJW as well hopefully bring back the Dragon Gate guys and also, looks like Brian Cage isn't with TNA yet because its fucking TNA but you can never tell how their Gut Check work anyways and he might still be a member of Aces and 8
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I wasnt trying to turn this into a bring in page, more of a support indy wrestling, because there is a lot to be excited about and Im extreamly confident PWG will be just fine for years to come.
eastbay510
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby toby80 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 am

Yeah I'm sure we'll get to see plenty of awesome new talent this year :P

PWG has lost top people in the past, and is stronger than ever :mrgreen:
toby80
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby bennym6 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 am

I tweeted Ciampa and he said that it was on the table that before he got injured that he may have been going to PWG. I'd personally love to see him. I've turned around on Ciampa and Kyle O'Rielly this year. Great talents that may not ever be on the big stage.
Image
User avatar
bennym6
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am

El Asian wrote:And I believe the Young Bucks are expressing to come to TNA and it does suck this is happening but with people on their way out, it allows other future talents to get an opportunity


It seems like the Young Bucks rumor has been out there for a few months now. Their tag division definetly needs them but I wouldn't be heartbroken if it didn't happen.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am

Why do you all think AR Fox hasn't been used? I like Rich Swann but Fox is the superior wrestler, in my opinion anyway. Maybe because everyone else is using him?
User avatar
PhenomenalTLD
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:24 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby NirvanaFanEHW » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Itchypanda wrote:Every part of the industry has it's ups and downs. Our loss is the national stage's gain. It only means that the WWE and TNA are going to have very talented people in their roster and might have me considering a PPV somewhere down the line. PWG may have some lesser known people wrestling in future shows but there are some talents in the indy circuit who are still amazing and have yet to make a PWG appearance. Cup half full, not half empty, right?



I agree with you here to an extent. Sure, it's a gain for the national stage hypothetically, but WWE has always been hit and miss with indy talents. You've had success stories like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, and you've had flops like Alex Koslov, Colt Cabana, Gunner Scott, etc. They seem to be turning it around and using the guys properly, but there's still a part of me that dreads hearing about top indy guys getting tryouts/signing because I fear they'll use them improperly and it won't be the same when/if they return to the indies.
NirvanaFanEHW
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Add PAC to the list of others gone now. He was just on NXT. So talent is starting to drop off left and right. I do think Jigsaw would be a good addition as well as maybe some others we haven't seen yet or are building up on their own. Think if anything now is the time for these new kids to shine bright as well.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 pm

NirvanaFanEHW wrote:
Itchypanda wrote:Every part of the industry has it's ups and downs. Our loss is the national stage's gain. It only means that the WWE and TNA are going to have very talented people in their roster and might have me considering a PPV somewhere down the line. PWG may have some lesser known people wrestling in future shows but there are some talents in the indy circuit who are still amazing and have yet to make a PWG appearance. Cup half full, not half empty, right?



I agree with you here to an extent. Sure, it's a gain for the national stage hypothetically, but WWE has always been hit and miss with indy talents. You've had success stories like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, and you've had flops like Alex Koslov, Colt Cabana, Gunner Scott, etc. They seem to be turning it around and using the guys properly, but there's still a part of me that dreads hearing about top indy guys getting tryouts/signing because I fear they'll use them improperly and it won't be the same when/if they return to the indies.


I don't really feel bad for anyone who gives it their all in WWE/TNA and doesn't make it. It doesn't mean they aren't talented, only that the companies were looking for some particular characteristic. The only talent that I know (in recent memory) who seemed to burn his own bridge was Low Ki. He would adapt very little in the E and insisted on doing things his way. I'm not arguing whether he was right or wrong but his attitude was rumored to be very negative. Dirt sheets are dirt sheets but enough of the wrestlers have mentioned that he's not easy to work with, at times.
User avatar
Itchypanda
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 am

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Theres another guy I can think of but his name isn't worth mentioning.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby bennym6 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Garden State Saint wrote:Theres another guy I can think of but his name isn't worth mentioning.

Does is rhyme with X-Cock?
Image
User avatar
bennym6
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Potential talent exodus

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 pm

bennym6 wrote:
Garden State Saint wrote:Theres another guy I can think of but his name isn't worth mentioning.

Does is rhyme with X-Cock?


No, not at all.
Image
User avatar
Garden State Saint
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: New Jersey


Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], rtorres481 and 3 guests